Texas Abortion bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the CDC's letter, linked earlier, there are no reliable statistics on abortion. This includes death and injury statistics. So your statement about oral surgery and liposuction being safer, while impressive rhetorically, has no standing in the discussion.

So you're waving your hands and invoking a conspiracy, check.

By the way, that CDC letter said _all_ maternal deaths are undercounted. You story on it is evolving. And your really bad train of logic here seems to be "We don't know stats perfectly, therefore we know nothing."

Abortion is safer than childbirth. Thus, by koshrgrl standards, she wants to kill women. Hey, her standards, not mine. She made those standards, she gets to have them applied to her.

And yes, I know she's got endless junk science from the pro-lie websites. Bring it on.

Anyways, she must really adore those back-alley abortions and chopshops, being that she's trying to outlaw legitimate clinics. I wonder, how many of these pro-lifers get a cash kickback from Dr. Gosnell types. Given how much business they drive to them, they've certainly earned such a paycheck.

Regarding my *motivation*, that is completely irrelevant to the discussion.
Don't be absurd. Your lack of credibility is entirely relevant. If I show you're wildly inconsistent regarding your motivation, it destroys your claim.

But don't worry. Your Republican heroes will do what such thugs always do, which is cheat and change the rules, and the bill will eventually go through, and you'll loudly cheer the thuggery and cheating, as Republicans always do. And then the bill will then be shot down by the courts.

Uh..ok.

:cuckoo:

I didn't even think to question if the majority of Texans were in favor of the bill.

That's because you don't care. You believe in strong-arming the opposition, so whether the opposition is minority or majority is irrelevant.
You turn particularly whiny when proven wrong.

Why cant you ever just "I was wrong" and accept it gracefully?

This bill was not favored by the majority, it did not improve health care for women seeking abortions and it died the death it deserved. :)

Because I'm not wrong.

Why can't you debate, instead of engaging in trolling?

We already have restrictions on abortions that most Texans support, but on these new more restrictive measures, the polls do not show majority support. Trying to ram these new restrictions through a special session does not rise to the cause of an emergency session.

The only "new restriction" on ABORTION is the 20 week one, that the majority of Texans (and Americans) whole heartedly endorse.

The other so-called restrictions aren't restrictions on abortions, they simply set a medical standard for abortionists that brings them into mainstream medicine.

And it is THAT that has the abortionists shrieking, because they don't WANT to have to meet the same standards as mainstream providers. They don't want to have to show any qualifications at all, they don't want to have to be inspected, they don't want to keep records, and they most certainly don't want to ever be in the hostile HOSPITAL environment, which is competitive and closely monitored. And they don't care if women die so that they can continue as they have. They don't care one bit.

Whatever you want to call it, it does not have majority support among Texans.

Then you should be impressed at how well Texas takes care of those in the minority.

Perry and the party have always taken care of the 38% minority that make up the social traditionalist and have no trouble screwing the other 62%.

Perry and the party have always taken care of the 38% minority that make up the social traditionalist and have no trouble screwing the other 62%.

ya buddy---God's gonna love him for protecting minorities. The GOP has learned something from the liberals.

The majority of Texas is Republican, and the elected representatives of this state support the bill..and they represent their costitutuents...

"
There are 95 Republicans out of 150 in the Texas House, 19 Republicans out of 31 in the Texas Senate, where Wendy Davis serves. Republicans enjoy almost a supermajority in both houses. Every statewide elected official is a Republican. In fact, no Democrat has been elected statewide in Texas since 1994. This is not just a red state. This is a blood red state.
"How amazing in a state like this with those numbers that the Republicans could not manage to get this through. The Democrats used the rule book as their weapon, the only weapon they had available. They simply outplayed the Republicans in this case."

In Texas, Marathon Filibuster Derails New State Restrictions on Abortion | PBS NewsHour | June 26, 2013 | PBS

The will of the people is behind the bill.

The pro-abortion lobby is just finding ways to override the will of the people, as they always do.

The bill would improve the conditions at abortion clinics:

"It would have required the abortion clinics -- and there are 42 in the state of Texas -- to upgrade to the standards of ambulatory surgical centers." And that = upgrades that most of the abortion horror houses in Texas can't afford...which gives you a little insight into what their operating conditions are like.

In Texas, Marathon Filibuster Derails New State Restrictions on Abortion | PBS NewsHour | June 26, 2013 | PBS

Yeah, PBS is an anti-women's health site.

BTW, your troll post is in response to another troll post that was removed from the thread.

Go read the rules, loser.

It would require substandard hell holes to either improve their facilities, or shut down.

Do you REALLY think they would all shut down? Seriously? At $4-5000 a pop?

Nope. It is the nature of big business to meet the challenges thrown, and change for the better is always painful.

But necessary. I have no problem with women traveling if by doing so, they are guaranteed the best care possible. What's the benefit of not traveling, if you die in a pool of blood with your feet in the stirrups?

Yes---here in Texas we keep women barefoot and chained in the kitchen. Are you another fool who thinks that there are no conservative women in Texas who support this bill ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think now that it's futile to argue that the bill lacks majority support, they have to pretend that there are no female voters in Texas.

The females who object to that bill were there, hanging and shrieking from the rafters. There were what, 50?

I think now that it's futile to argue that the bill lacks majority support, they have to pretend that there are no female voters in Texas.

The females who object to that bill were there, hanging and shrieking from the rafters. There were what, 50?

If the capital of Texas wasn't here in uber liberal Austin, they may have gotten 5 or 10 shriekers.

Yup, it will be law...

Because ultimately, it is the will of the people driving it.

Though the will of the people is little by little becoming irrelevant.
If it was the will of the people Roe v Wade wouldn't have lasted 40 years.

Texas is a unique place, and I loved having two of my homes there for many years. However, the parochial, insular, old-timey religious folks, which make Perry's based, run the culture through the laws there. They will pass new legislation next week in the special session. Then the courts will kill it.

Perry is the same ole "oops" dunce. Thanks to him, Texas won't remain "red" for too long.

Lay off the crack pipe bozo.
Seems like the bozo is you (or you have been under the influence too long) and the rest of the conservatives who keep making racists remarks and laws against Hispanics. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You can't stop progress, at least not with such backward ideas as cons have presented. Major cities in Texas went blue in 2012 - so it's just a matter of time that the little rural areas with their backward thinking get shoved into oblivion.

Republicans are certainly aware that change is afoot in Texas. “No less an authority than Karl Rove is known to have been worrying about the political future of Texas for years,” says The Hill. The GOP is at work hiring 24 “minority outreach” staffers and has more than put its support behind Senators Marco Rubio of Florida and Ted Cruz of Texas. But, as Parker notes, this could be another sign of the Republicans not quite realizing what they need to do. Rubio and Cruz are both Cuban-American; while non-Hispanics may not make much of this, it “significantly diminishes their appeal to Texas’ Latinos, who are primarily of Mexican heritage.”
Could Texas Be Turning Blue?

Progress would be to improve the standards of the clinics that are providing abortion.

It appears you don't stand for progress at all.

I don't understand why progressives are so adamantly opposed to bringing abortions out of the back alley and into mainstream medicine.

They keep insisting that abortion IS about health...yet they steadfastly refuse to require them to provide up to date, medically acceptable treatment in clean, well outfitted clinics.

Abortion allows women to shrug off the guilt of killing their baby. This is the cornerstone of why they want to keep it available.

They like to spew craziness about "It's my body" or "I don't want Gov. in my personal life"..yada..yada....when if they preferred common sense and responsibility in favor of reckless sexual behavior, they wouldn't have to fight FOR abortion. It would just be a poriah of society and be something snubbbed by the masses of women and not embraced.

Another indicator of the sick mental state the Abortion Lusters are in.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Lay off the crack pipe bozo.

You are out of touch with reality if you believe your comment, NLT.

I live in Texas JS, there aint no way it is going blue. If you think it is then you are on crack too.

I lived for over thirty years in El Paso, Harker Heights, Nacogdoches, Tyler, and in Panola County, as well as in western LA and FL.

The old, insular, parochial, old timey religion hating power is almost over. The young evangelical and fundamentalist youth think their parents and grand parents are wrong about so many things on race, politics, marriage, and so forth.

Allied with other youth and rising Hispanic power, Texas is destined to go blue in the next times years if folks like you do not look up and see what's coming down the RR track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back