Texans for Truth...this sounds familiar

krisy said:
Texans for Truth is an organization tied to MoveOn. Guess what they are doing? Speaking out against Bush's record. Sound like a bunch of copycats to me...and a very desperate attempt for the Kerry campiagn.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131789,00.html

Well I can certainly see where they have a legitimate case in going after GW's National Guard records - again. After all, wasn't it George Bush who spouted "Elect me because I served in the Guard"?

Then again, I could be wrong. I forgot to take my dementia medication.

This just seems so lame. Bush has talked about the issues and it doesn't seem that there is too much interest anyway since he hasn't spouted off about it the way Kerry has.

krisy said:
This just seems so lame. Bush has talked about the issues and it doesn't seem that there is too much interest anyway since he hasn't spouted off about it the way Kerry has.

True. And to paraphrase kerry - the honorable discharge speaks for itself.

Palestinian Jew said:
What a load of shit. Nobody is going to vote on whether Bush was in the guard or not, and nobody cares. This is the kind of stuff that might have been relevent in 2000, but now only 4 years in Bush's life matter.

You should tell your boy Kerry that.
He or at least his campaign seem to be the ones making it an issue.

Kerry and company steal everyone's talking points and slogans contantly. Ron Regan Jr's "Dad didn't wear religion on his sleeve" comment. John McCain's "all hat no cattle" comment, Howard Dean's "wrong war,wrong time" comment. Does this man ever think for himself? Now they are stealing the swift boat slogan??...pretty lame if you ask me.

Mr. P said:
You should tell your boy Kerry that.
He or at least his campaign seem to be the ones making it an issue.

And I can't understand for the life of me why they would. These commercials look really stupid. Kerry has not done a good job campaigning at all,and I believe he will pay for it. It all looks so childish. I think trying to say Bush wasn't in the guard is foolish in itself because everyone knows he was. He didn't just make it up. I think the allegations against Kerry could be considered far more serious than a bunch of guys saying "I don't remember ever seeing George Bush". What does that mean? They never ran into him? Please. Bush had a jump in the polls because he addressed the issues that people want to hear.

Palestinian Jew said:
What a load of shit. Nobody is going to vote on whether Bush was in the guard or not, and nobody cares. This is the kind of stuff that might have been relevent in 2000, but now only 4 years in Bush's life matter.

I'm not sure why you think it would have been any more relevant in 2000. But I agree, there is no issue here about GW's Guard service. He isn't running on it.

So why do you suppose that the Democrats can't figure that out?

Merlin1047 said:
I'm not sure why you think it would have been any more relevant in 2000. But I agree, there is no issue here about GW's Guard service. He isn't running on it.

So why do you suppose that the Democrats can't figure that out?

I'm guessing, not trying to speak for PJ. Think he was referring to the fact that GW now has 4 years as CIC behind him. It's up to the voters to decide how he's performed, for better or ill, their choice. In 2000 election, this may have been a relevant point, it was brought up, but we weren't at war, far from it, on the road to isolationism, which at the time, he reflected.

BlueGin said:
Kerry and company steal everyone's talking points and slogans contantly. Ron Regan Jr's "Dad didn't wear religion on his sleeve" comment. John McCain's "all hat no cattle" comment, Howard Dean's "wrong war,wrong time" comment. Does this man ever think for himself? Now they are stealing the swift boat slogan??...pretty lame if you ask me.

You know, you're right about that. Kerry even over uses "Bring it on", which he got from Bush! Next thing you know, he'll be feeling out pain.

What the voters need to consider is Bush's record as president and Kerry's record after 19 years of public service. Can anyone tell me one piece of significant legislation that bears Kerry's name? With a record like his, I doubt that he could have kept being elected to the Senate in any state except Massachusetts. If Bush is such a bad president, Kerry should have been way ahead in the polls from the get-go. Kerry can't even run an efficient campaign. If he were to be elected president, would he keep changing his staff every few months? My guess is that he would be a puppet president, and the Clinton people would be the powers behind the "throne." It's quite clear that this man is not ready to run a country as big as the United States.

Palestinian Jew said:

thats not necessarily true, should it come to light that there was indeed some falsification of records about Bush skipping out on his guard duties, it could have an impact.

DKSuddeth said:
thats not necessarily true, should it come to light that there was indeed some falsification of records about Bush skipping out on his guard duties, it could have an impact.

Dead end really. It would have about the same impact that questioning Kerry's medals has and that is basically none to those already convinced one way or the other in their voting. As for the undecided, it may have some impact but not as great as the Kerry campaign would hope for.

DKSuddeth said:

but wouldn't that onus of the falsification fall on the back of the officer who committed the act?

CSM said:
Dead end really. It would have about the same impact that questioning Kerry's medals has and that is basically none to those already convinced one way or the other in their voting. As for the undecided, it may have some impact but not as great as the Kerry campaign would hope for.

If anything was NEW, it might have some effect but I doubt it. Bush has been president for four years and has poven he can serve as CIC.

On the other hand, Kerry doesn't want to run on his Senate record, so HE started saying, "I was in Vietnam, that qualifies me to be a better CIC." Now, 4 months in Vietnam, or four years AS CIC...... hmmm, I wonder who is more qualified......

dilloduck said:
but wouldn't that onus of the falsification fall on the back of the officer who committed the act?

depends. I heard on one of my morning talk shows this morning that a, now deceased, commander of President Bush left some sort of memo or notation about "I'll backdate, but I won't rate" in some official record. I didn't get to hear much more of it and its not even verifiable at this point but it could lead to show there was outside pressure to falsify records. It may, or may not, lead somewhere/anywhere/nowhere. :dunno:

DKSuddeth said:
depends. I heard on one of my morning talk shows this morning that a, now deceased, commander of President Bush left some sort of memo or notation about "I'll backdate, but I won't rate" in some official record. I didn't get to hear much more of it and its not even verifiable at this point but it could lead to show there was outside pressure to falsify records. It may, or may not, lead somewhere/anywhere/nowhere. :dunno:

Heard that too. Your right ! No telling whose gonna buy what these days. the centrifigal force of the spin has gotta be mach-something by now!

dilloduck said:
Heard that too. Your right ! No telling whose gonna buy what these days. the centrifigal force of the spin has gotta be mach-something by now!
no kidding. I get dizzy listening to both sides anymore. :alco:

Forum List

Back