Testimony of A Former Atheist

Powerful testimony of a world renowned scientist, former atheist now Christian.

Walter J. Veith Testimony - YouTube

Do any of you atheists share any similar sentiments as to him during his atheisy (sp)?

I made it 40 minutes in. :)

Just a thought. Never confuse God with Church or Community. It keeps life simpler. It's good if you believe. If you don't, and you generally try to do Right, for Right's sake, I would think God still has you covered. How someone could go through Life, doing Good and Right, and not see the effects of the Force behind that is beyond me. I have no problem with it though. It is between You, your Conscience, and your Maker. Why go through such trouble to deny God exists. Who are you actually trying to convince?

Many people deal with the issues he exp and educated people would have you believe it's not happening or you have a brain malfunction when many of us have seen it first hand and know these things are not due to mental illness.

Powerful testimony of a world renowned scientist, former atheist now Christian.

Walter J. Veith Testimony - YouTube

Do any of you atheists share any similar sentiments as to him during his atheisy (sp)?

I made it 40 minutes in. :)

Just a thought. Never confuse God with Church or Community. It keeps life simpler. It's good if you believe. If you don't, and you generally try to do Right, for Right's sake, I would think God still has you covered. How someone could go through Life, doing Good and Right, and not see the effects of the Force behind that is beyond me. I have no problem with it though. It is between You, your Conscience, and your Maker. Why go through such trouble to deny God exists. Who are you actually trying to convince?

I'm glad you feel that disbelief alone is not going to determine the fate of atheists, you are the type of theist that I could get along with. However, I think you have a misunderstanding when it comes to most atheists' disbelief in God. I don't think most atheists chose to disbelieve in God as some act of defiance, as the disbelief comes as a result of the conclusions that someone reaches based on life experience and education. As an atheist, I can no more choose to believe in God's existence than I could choose to believe that Santa Claus exists. I could have life experiences or education down the road that may cause me to shift my position of belief, but as of right now I simply can't believe it.

I was raised Catholic, and I remember the negative connotation that the word 'atheist' carried with it. In fact, I still involuntarily cringe somewhat at the sound of the word, even though I know there is absolutely nothing malevolent about not believing in God. So I do understand where religious people are coming from when they misunderstand what it means to be an atheist, but it really is that simple. We view the Christian God the same way we view Thor or Zeus. Hopefully that helps to explain things.

I believe that to be true for many Atheists too. There is another type that believe in Conscience, even Unalienable Right, Even Universal Law, Natural Order, which Imply an Architect, Intelligent Design.

A video, particularly of this nature, is nothing more than a lecture, like one you would expect to get at places of higher education.

Forum List

Back