Tensions continue to rise: Putin puts nuclear forces on high alert

Overmatched and out smarted? No

The Russians have no interest in the war. Only oligarchs and Putin do. Any resistance by the Ukrainian forces and the Russians are ready to give up. Pretty obvious as no large city has been captured to date.

I have no desire to argue over the semantic of it, but with each passing day Putin is lose face and people take him and his army and his threats a little less seriously.

This is the worst thing that could happen to a leader like Putin

Overmatched and out smarted? No

The Russians have no interest in the war. Only oligarchs and Putin do. Any resistance by the Ukrainian forces and the Russians are ready to give up. Pretty obvious as no large city has been captured to date.

11:38 p.m. ET, February 23, 2022

Russian troops have landed in Odessa and are crossing the border, Ukrainian official says​

An adviser for the Interior Minister of Ukraine, Anton Gerashchenko, has told journalists on an official WhatsApp group that Russian troops have landed in the city Odessa and are crossing the border in the city of Kharkiv.
Gerashchenko added there have been missile strikes on the Vasilkovsky airfield near Kyiv.
He also said that Borys Filatov, the mayor of Dnipro, just called to say he was hearing explosions.

Key port for Putin.......and for Ukraine........It's not hard to figure why it got hit..........PUTIN WANTS IT.

Tell ya what binky......

How about we just tip toe back and look at all the posts by you rabid fanatic cult communists....therein lies the proof of your lie.
Because you are obviously a low intellect moron, as shown by your.misuse of the word communist.

Thanks for asking!

I have no desire to argue over the semantic of it, but with each passing day Putin is lose face and people take him and his army and his threats a little less seriously.

This is the worst thing that could happen to a leader like Putin
Overmatched suggests the Ukrainian Army is superior in strength. Absolutely wrong.

Out smarted? Doubtful. The Russian military certainly would have anticipated resistance in the cities. Street fights are notoriously drawn out. They were expecting to take the capital and get a surrender.

Simply a function of no will from Russian troops and stiff resolve of Ukrainians.

The differences are important. In addition to the external problems of war for Russia, the internal issues of a run on the banks which is already underway, is showing the resistance to war by Russians themselves. That is probably the more important loss of control.

11:38 p.m. ET, February 23, 2022

Russian troops have landed in Odessa and are crossing the border, Ukrainian official says​

An adviser for the Interior Minister of Ukraine, Anton Gerashchenko, has told journalists on an official WhatsApp group that Russian troops have landed in the city Odessa and are crossing the border in the city of Kharkiv.
Gerashchenko added there have been missile strikes on the Vasilkovsky airfield near Kyiv.
He also said that Borys Filatov, the mayor of Dnipro, just called to say he was hearing explosions.

Key port for Putin.......and for Ukraine........It's not hard to figure why it got hit..........PUTIN WANTS IT.
When you're ready to make a current statement relating to my post have at it. Neither Odessa or Kharkiv are in Russian hands as of this moment.

When you're ready to make a current statement relating to my post have at it. Neither Odessa or Kharkiv are in Russian hands as of this moment.
And yet they hit there first...........I stated that Putin wanted ODESSA.........Not that he owned it.............

It is a KEY STRATEGIC PORT..........And yes I think Putin wants it.

Odessa --- there is talk I've read that Russia means to cut off all Ukrainian access to the Black Sea. Odessa etc. on the West and a strip of land on the East.

Odessa --- there is talk I've read that Russia means to cut off all Ukrainian access to the Black Sea. Odessa etc. on the West and a strip of land on the East.
Which would screw Ukraine trade from the sea..........they hit it early with Amphibs........Where they are at there on taking it........I don't know.....Can't believe anything anymore anyway.

There would be nothing for him to gain from nuking Ukraine. He is already getting a ton of shit for taking it. If he nukes it things will be even worse and he wont have Ukraine as a prize at the end of it all.
He doesn't care about bad PR or Ukraine. It's about power. He's off the rails mentally so anything can happen even if he knows that Moscow will be vaporized if he launches a nuke.

Watch this video........and understand who we are dealing with........and the OLD SCHOOL KGB TACTICS of the Cold War.

Not so sure it’s a tactic. I think he was being perfectly frank. And wanted to make sure that there was no misunderstanding.

He doesn't care about bad PR or Ukraine. It's about power. He's off the rails mentally so anything can happen even if he knows that Moscow will be vaporized if he launches a nuke.
Im not seeing anything that indicates he is "off the rails". This just looks like classic soviet aggression to me.

The differences are important. In addition to the external problems of war for Russia, the internal issues of a run on the banks which is already underway, is showing the resistance to war by Russians themselves. That is probably the more important loss of control.
Ronald Regan, Star Wars 2.0, economic chaos.
This can make Putin quite desperate.

Did you read that in some article? Are these psychiatrist friends, or just normal friends? :laugh:

The old Sec State said that. Someone who talked to Putin personally many more times than you have. :abgg2q.jpg:

Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said that Russian President Vladimir Putin "seems erratic," adding he has an "ever-deepening, delusional rendering of history."

Rice said on "Fox News Sunday" that she's met with Putin many times, noting that he was always a "KGB man" and "calculating and cold."

Today, however, he is very different, she said.

"He seems erratic," Rice said. "There is an ever-deepening, delusional rendering of history, it was always a kind of victimology of what had happened to them, but now it goes back to blaming Lenin for the foundation of Kyiv in Ukraine. So he's descending into something that I personally haven't seen before."

The old Sec State said that. Someone who talked to Putin personally many more times than you have. :abgg2q.jpg:

Someone who talked to Putin a bunch of times is now qualified to medically diagnose him? For the record she said "he seems erratic". That doesnt support this idea of him suddenly becoming insane.

Someone who talked to Putin a bunch of times is now qualified to medically diagnose him? For the record she said "he seems erratic". That doesnt support this idea of him suddenly becoming insane.

I'd say she has more qualifications to judge them than YOU do.

And this woman, who is an expert on Russia and has written biographies on Putin in the past says the same thing:

Forum List

Back