Tennessee objects to federal landgrab

Tennessee is on board with the feds restoring public lands based on the UNCONSTITUTIONALITY of the feds owning those lands in the first place.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT does NOT own BLM or FOREST SERVICE lands and they are not AUTHORIZED, per the constitution, to control them.

"A resolution recently passed by the Tennessee legislature and signed by Gov. Bill Haslam calls on the feds to give back the land in the Western part of the country back to the states.
"Introduced by state Rep. Andy Holt, House Joint Resolution 92 (HJR92) “expresses support for the federal transfer of public lands to the western states and urges Congress to coordinate the transfer of title to the western states.”
"It passed the House last year by a vote of 64-25. In January, the Senate passed it 26-2. And Gov. Haslam signed it on Jan. 26, 2016.
"The resolution reads, in part:
"The Constitution contains no expression of intent to authorize the federal government to indefinitely exercise control over western public lands beyond the duty to manage the lands pending the disposal of the lands to create new states, and therefore the lands should be returned to the western states….limiting the ability of western states to access and utilize the public lands’ natural resources within their borders is having a negative impact upon the economy of those western states and therefore the economy of the entire United States."

Tennessee Passes Resolution Calling on the Feds to Give Western Land Back to the States | Tenth Amendment Center Blog
Meaningless political junk. The Tennessee nonsense has no legal authority and is nothing more than politicians politicking by abusing their power to pass meaningless legislation to fool the voters into thinking they are earning their pay.

What makes you think State government has any less legal authority than Federal government? Begging the question?
No state has no authority or jurisdiction under the federal constitution or a state constitution outside of its borders. The state of Tennesee has no authority to demand what the federal government does with its property in Oregon or Nevada, etc. Any influence would have to come from its representatives in Congress.

Tennessee is on board with the feds restoring public lands based on the UNCONSTITUTIONALITY of the feds owning those lands in the first place.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT does NOT own BLM or FOREST SERVICE lands and they are not AUTHORIZED, per the constitution, to control them.

"A resolution recently passed by the Tennessee legislature and signed by Gov. Bill Haslam calls on the feds to give back the land in the Western part of the country back to the states.
"Introduced by state Rep. Andy Holt, House Joint Resolution 92 (HJR92) “expresses support for the federal transfer of public lands to the western states and urges Congress to coordinate the transfer of title to the western states.”
"It passed the House last year by a vote of 64-25. In January, the Senate passed it 26-2. And Gov. Haslam signed it on Jan. 26, 2016.
"The Constitution contains no expression of intent to authorize the federal government to indefinitely exercise control over western public lands beyond the duty to manage the lands pending the disposal of the lands to create new states, and therefore the lands should be returned to the western states….limiting the ability of western states to access and utilize the public lands’ natural resources within their borders is having a negative impact upon the economy of those western states and therefore the economy of the entire United States."

Tennessee Passes Resolution Calling on the Feds to Give Western Land Back to the States | Tenth Amendment Center Blog
Meaningless political junk. The Tennessee nonsense has no legal authority and is nothing more than politicians politicking by abusing their power to pass meaningless legislation to fool the voters into thinking they are earning their pay.
But it is more fodder for a States Article V Constitutional Amendment Convention

I think it will happen eventually, not too long from now

The group pushing to sell off (privatize) the national park system to the fossil fuel industry, and sell off all public land to the highest corporate bidder, is the Koch and ExxonMobil-funded Property and Environment Research Center (PERC).

Check it out.
Bullshit. The feds own way too much land west of the Dakotas.
FederalOwnedLand_zps13pw5x2e.jpg

What makes you think State government has any less legal authority than Federal government? Begging the question?
No state has no authority or jurisdiction under the federal constitution or a state constitution outside of its borders. The state of Tennesee has no authority to demand what the federal government does with its property in Oregon or Nevada, etc. Any influence would have to come from its representatives in Congress.
They have no authority but they can call for whatever the hell they want to.

ARTICLE V Convention!

The group pushing to sell off (privatize) the national park system to the fossil fuel industry, and sell off all public land to the highest corporate bidder, is the Koch and ExxonMobil-funded Property and Environment Research Center (PERC).

Check it out.
The feds are all of us. Public ownership. Versus Private ownership. It's the land we share that private entities want for themselves alone. The National Parks belong to ALL of us citizens.

The feds are all of us. Public ownership. Versus Private ownership. It's the land we share that private entities want for themselves alone. The National Parks belong to ALL of us citizens.
Bullshit, the upper tier Feds are NOT all of us, and I know from personal experience.

They represent the Oligarchs and could not give a flying piss what your lifestyle is now or ever.

We have to get them off their corporate leash and bring them to heel.

Bullshit, the upper tier Feds are NOT all of us, and I know from personal experience.

They represent the Oligarchs and could not give a flying piss what your lifestyle is now or ever.

Tell that to the Koch brothers who want to get their mitts on more federal land. Land that is colllectivly owned by US citizens.

The article I posted clearly explains where federal and state powers begin and end with public lands. If you don't like it, tell your people in DC.

I would much rather have our public lands handled by the feds than the staties. Even in red meat Utah, the peoples' will on this matter is two to one for federal management.

Last edited:

Check it out.
Somebody should have said something when the nation was spending blood and treasure to acquire the land. They didn't, so now it is ours and the government is charged with protecting and managing our holdings. These holdings are the investments made by Americans since the original 13 states first started ceding public state lands to the federal government in 1781.

Tell that to the Koch brothers who want to get their mitts on more federal land. Land that is colllectivly owned by US citizens.
Show me where my land is in all that mess then, Einstein. Oh, thats right, 'collectively owned' means no one but the government owns it!

Paint me just shocked, lol

Somebody should have said something when the nation was spending blood and treasure to acquire the land. They didn't, so now it is ours and the government is charged with protecting and managing our holdings. These holdings are the investments made by Americans since the original 13 states first started ceding public state lands to the federal government in 1781.
I dont think you looked at he map very carefully. The corporations took over the fedral government in the late 1800s prior tothe populist and progressive movements cleaning a lot of that up. Hence the obvious difference in how the feds let states keep their own land after the Dakotas formed.

Here, let me share it with you again so yous can gets yo seff a reall good and close un,eh?

There you go! No need to thank me, dude! Ejumokating liberals is my my life's goal!

Check it out.

RWNJs won't understand that until they try to take a vacation with their kids and find a barb wire fence across the highway.

They'll also notice an increase in their taxes when the jackasses for whom they vote force us to pay welfare ranchers' entire grazing bill.

RWNJs - if you want to pay higher taxes, go ahead but you have no right to force me to do the same.

Show me where my land is in all that mess then, Einstein. Oh, thats right, 'collectively owned' means no one but the government owns it!

Allow me ...
See post #23.

:rolleyes:

I dont think you looked at he map very carefully. The corporations took over the fedral government in the late 1800s prior tothe populist and progressive movements cleaning a lot of that up. Hence the obvious difference in how the feds let states keep their own land after the Dakotas formed.

Here, let me share it with you again so yous can gets yo seff a reall good and close un,eh?

There you go! No need to thank me, dude! Ejumokating liberals is my my life's goal!
I have no idea what your rant is about or what point you are attempting to make. Vast amounts of territorial lands in what become the big western states could not be maintained, protected or managed by the densly populated new states, nor could the land be sold, because, at the time, it was suspected of having little if any value. No one wanted it. Arrangements were in place so that these abandoned and unwanted lands could be obtained for use by prospectors and mining claims, resource acquisition and even purchase and ownership

And the FEDERAL government can't own it, per the constitution.

Why should we give Tennessee our land?

I would be happy to sell it to them at a fair market value

Can Obama stop this?
Sure, if he continues to act contrary to the constitution, and the military arm of the executive branch (also unconstitutional) also known as the FBI continues to support him.

It's "collectively owned" only by the citizens of that state.

And the FEDERAL government can't own it, per the constitution.

Where does the constitution say this? The same place that the federal government has no jurisdiction over federal lands?

Forum List

Back