Tell me again how this never happens

The issue? Perhaps it is a race thing?

I think with QW the underlying issue is that she is being searched in the first place. I still don't see any groping going down. The TSA agent was very professional in the search.

How many 6 year olds have blown up planes?

The little girl being searched in the first place is appalling.

Only takes one for it to be a problem and we have verifiable evidence that Muslim Terrorists have no qualms about using children or the mentally handicapped to blow shit up.

"bin laden' owns your cowardly asses...you are his bitches....you live in fear
and willingly give up your "freedoms he hates you for"

PUH-leeze, dude.

Spare me the drama queen "giving up your freedoms" routine.

Nobody is forcing you to fly and if getting a pat down bothers you so much we have an interstate highway for you to drive on.

The ones acting like pussies over this are prolly worried the TSA agent will be able to tell how small their dicks are and tell everybody about it.

hey the boogie man can drive as well ,we better have intrusive check stops on those roads ..take the children out the car and grope them...make sure your travel documents are in order ...comrade...bin laden owns you...

:lol:

Ah no, dude.

If she knew exactly what the girl had on her there would be no "search" just a take-away.

She was looking specifically for anything on the list.

She searched with a purpose was aware of where her hands were at all times and vocalized everything she was doing in real time. There was no "groping" ... that word was used to sensationalize a routine search.

As long as we are searching one person getting on planes, we search them all. If we don't the whole purpose is defeated.

You don't like it? Tough shit, kid.

Nobody is forcing you onto a plane.

Actually, she was not looking for anything on the list. She was searched simply because procedure demanded it, not because she might actually have something.

The procedure itself is a search to find anything on the list of banned items therefor by following the procedure she is looking for those items. The likelihood of those items being on the person being searched does not dictate what she is looking for nor does it change intent.

You really are incredibly dense.

The search is not looking for items on the list. If you walk through the scanner with change in your pocket it will go off and they will search you. They may, or may not, find the change in your pocket. Are you saying they cannot tell you to put it in the tray because it is not on the list?

The search is not designed to find what is on the list. It is not even designed to figure out why the scanner went off after you have pulled everything out of your pockets. It is designed simply to make sure that procedure is followed so that people feel safe. I can guarantee you that I could get razor blades, through that search. People have gotten guns, knives, and hacksaw blades through TSA searches without even trying.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3yaqq9Jjb4]YouTube - #w00tstock Seattle: Adam Savage says "WTF, TSA?"[/ame]

PUH-leeze, dude.

Nobody is forcing you to fly and if getting a pat down bothers you so much we have an interstate highway for you to drive on.

The ones acting like pussies over this are prolly worried the TSA agent will be able to tell how small their dicks are and tell everybody about it.

hey the boogie man can drive as well ,we better have intrusive check stops on those roads ..take the children out the car and grope them...make sure your travel documents are in order ...comrade...bin laden owns you...

Yeah, or not :doubt:

Actually, she was not looking for anything on the list. She was searched simply because procedure demanded it, not because she might actually have something.

The procedure itself is a search to find anything on the list of banned items therefor by following the procedure she is looking for those items. The likelihood of those items being on the person being searched does not dictate what she is looking for nor does it change intent.

The search is not looking for items on the list. If you walk through the scanner with change in your pocket it will go off and they will search you. They may, or may not, find the change in your pocket. Are you saying they cannot tell you to put it in the tray because it is not on the list?

The search is not designed to find what is on the list. It is not even designed to figure out why the scanner went off after you have pulled everything out of your pockets. It is designed simply to make sure that procedure is followed so that people feel safe. I can guarantee you that I could get razor blades, through that search. People have gotten guns, knives, and hacksaw blades through TSA searches without even trying.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3yaqq9Jjb4]YouTube - #w00tstock Seattle: Adam Savage says "WTF, TSA?"[/ame]

I'm telling you that if you set the buzzer off they are searching you for items on that list. You framing it as they are searching you because they are trying to figure out "why the scanner went off" is flat out retarded.

PUH-leeze, dude.

Yeah, or not :doubt:

fine.. but when bin laden and his bus load of 6 yr olds kids drive into a nuclear power plant ...let it rest on your shoulders

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3yaqq9Jjb4"]YouTube - #w00tstock Seattle: Adam Savage says "WTF, TSA?"[/ame]

I'm telling you that if you set the buzzer off they are searching you for items on that list. You framing it as they are searching you because they are trying to figure out "why the scanner went off" is flat out retarded.

They are not searching for items on that list. That list is simply items that you can, and cannot, carry aboard. That list you are so hung up on includes screwdrivers, which are allowed, and it also includes the blades Adam carried through, which are not allowed. Do you think they actually expect to find a baseball bat, a lacrosse stick, or a bow and arrow during a pat down?

If you do, you are even dumber than I think you are. By the way, I did not see a polo mallet on that list. Does that mean that, if I somehow left one in my back pocket, and they found it during the pat down, they would ignore it because it is not on the list?

YouTube - #w00tstock Seattle: Adam Savage says "WTF, TSA?"

They are not searching for items on that list. That list is simply items that you can, and cannot, carry aboard. That list you are so hung up on includes screwdrivers, which are allowed, and it also includes the blades Adam carried through, which are not allowed. Do you think they actually expect to find a baseball bat, a lacrosse stick, or a bow and arrow during a pat down?

If you do, you are even dumber than I think you are. By the way, I did not see a polo mallet on that list. Does that mean that, if I somehow left one in my back pocket, and they found it during the pat down, they would ignore it because it is not on the list?

Everything that could be concealed on that child and found in a pat down was already listed earlier in the thread.

The Catholic church will be losing employees to the TSA.

Better pay, pensions AND they get to grope all the little kids they want.

We don't have a freedom to travel on commercial airlines.

No we merely have the right to be secure in our persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures.

No, but the bad guys have already determined the terms under which you will travel.

I hate being treated like a potential criminal every time I enter a public building or get on public transport.

Even if we don't end up as a global Islamic caliphate, they have already changed the way we live.

No, but the bad guys have already determined the terms under which you will travel.

I hate being treated like a potential criminal every time I enter a public building or get on public transport.

Even if we don't end up as a global Islamic caliphate, they have already changed the way we live.

It's only a matter of time before we can be hauled out of our cars and searched at random check points.

All it will take is one successful car bombing in the US.

So do I. But thems the breaks. No one is forced to travel by plane. And to pretend that the TSA is sexually groping people is stupid.

It's only a matter of time before we can be hauled out of our cars and searched at random check points.

Sobriety checkpoints?

I think it's hard NOT to see the erosion of our 4th Amendment rights as time goes on. We have a choice, though; allow enemies to use those exact rights we have against us, or allow a bit of erosion. As long as we are diligent and watchful of those rights and ensure that The Man doesn't abuse them, then we are doing fine, IMO.

I think that describing this instance as something it clearly isn't is doing those who ARE watchful of our rights no favor in a crying-wolf style.

The random stops and pat downs aren't so bad.

But, you know...those random bone marrow tests are a real bitch

Everything that could be concealed on that child and found in a pat down was already listed earlier in the thread.

Does that mean you admit that I am right and the link you posted is not a list of things they are searching for? That the only reason they searched her at all was because procedure demanded it, and that they were not really looking for anything? Which is what the TSA itself essentially admitted when they were asked about the incident, so your continued insistence that they are actually looking for anything just makes you look even more dense.

Last edited:

Sobriety checkpoints?

I think it's hard NOT to see the erosion of our 4th Amendment rights as time goes on. We have a choice, though; allow enemies to use those exact rights we have against us, or allow a bit of erosion. As long as we are diligent and watchful of those rights and ensure that The Man doesn't abuse them, then we are doing fine, IMO.

I think that describing this instance as something it clearly isn't is doing those who ARE watchful of our rights no favor in a crying-wolf style.

Despite the hyperbole on both sides in this thread, this was an unwarranted search of a child. There is nothing in my world that would justify this, even if we had multiple documented instances of terrorists blowing up planes using children. We would be better off if we hunkered down in our houses than giving ground in this, because this is just another step in inevitably declaring that we have no right not to be searched outside the home.

We must stop the evil 6yr old Terrorists!! They hate us for our Freedoms!! They are a threat to our way of life!!...Seriously people,come on. All those $Billions spent on the TSA and this is what they come up with? How could anyone defend this madness? Shame on all those who do. :(

Forum List

Back