Teleprompter: Bad? Why?

Kiki Cannoli

Have you met my shadow?
May 27, 2011
Really south of the border
It is a commonplace media tool. Convention speakers, boardroom speakers, public events, news casters, David Letterman...everyone who addresses the public uses one...why is it a big deal that the president does?

Please, 'splain.

it is the typical "attack the strength of the opponent and turn it into a perceived weakness in the mind of voters"-tactic.

Yep. They don't want to remember the times Obama has shredded the Rs in off the cuff speeches or statements.

Like the Balitmore fiasco and the health care debate. At Obama's insistence, both were televised but after that, the Rs refused to appear on camera with the president. Wise move on their part.

rw's also ignore the fact that $arah had teleprompters installed in her home tv studio so $he wouldn't look quite so brainless on fux.

The Right-wing spent much time conjuring up the idea that the left thinks he's the smartest guy who ever lived, with the teleprompter use serving as proof that he in fact isn't.

It would be a great point if the initial premise was grounded in reality. :thup:

it is the typical "attack the strength of the opponent and turn it into a perceived weakness in the mind of voters"-tactic.

Obama is terrible without a teleprompter. I don't know how he will survive the debates without it. Romney is going to wax him.

Use of a teleprompter isn't bad. It's using it so totally that it puts into question the mind of the speaker and his ability to speak contemporaneously.

The man who needed TWO teleprompters to speak to a kindergarten class is the same man who was struck speechless when addressed by Vladimir Putin's lecture.

obama's speeches are written by speech writers so he needs a teleprompter to make sure he doesn't stray off what others intend that he say, verbatim, with no deviation. What would he say without the teleprompter? He's prone to stutter on his own and drift off into some world of his own where he sounds ridiculous. The teleprompter helps him hide himself saying only what has been predetermined to be what people want to hear.

rw's also ignore the fact that $arah had teleprompters installed in her home tv studio so $he wouldn't look quite so brainless on fux.

Is this the democrat story now? Last time it was Sarah Palin didn't use teleprompters, she wrote notes on her hand.

Use of a teleprompter isn't bad. It's using it so totally that it puts into question the mind of the speaker and his ability to speak contemporaneously.

The man who needed TWO teleprompters to speak to a kindergarten class is the same man who was struck speechless when addressed by Vladimir Putin's lecture.

obama's speeches are written by speech writers so he needs a teleprompter to make sure he doesn't stray off what others intend that he say, verbatim, with no deviation. What would he say without the teleprompter? He's prone to stutter on his own and drift off into some world of his own where he sounds ridiculous. The teleprompter helps him hide himself saying only what has been predetermined to be what people want to hear.

^ Thinks this is a new way of handling Presidential speeches.

We know Obama's biography listed him as Indonesian when he was in Harvard so maybe he has to use a TP today in order to keep his lies straight and remember where he was born.

The "teleprompter" itself is not bad, it's the moron that is reading from it that I have the problem with. Obama is an affirmative action loser who has a hard time stringing words together unless they are spoon fed to him by a pre-programmed computer. When he goes "off prompter" and speaks extemporaneously he usually fucks up, and fucks up big. His campaign is reporting that he is "weaning himself" from the teleprompter...Blog: Obama trying to wean himself off teleprompter

Please, please let this be true!! We need more of the real Obama...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Tg6gkKBVE]Lipstick is Off the Pig: Obama Without His Teleprompter - YouTube[/ame]

I also do not have a problem with the TOTUS. I'd much rather listen to the POTUS when he is reading rather than not. The aaaaaaaa's and whistles when he speaks off the cuff are mind numbing. Plus, his mis-pronunciations make for lots of laughs.

Who wants to bet how long it takes for someone to bring up Bush's pronunciation of nuclear?

I also do not have a problem with the TOTUS. I'd much rather listen to the POTUS when he is reading rather than not. The aaaaaaaa's and whistles when he speaks off the cuff are mind numbing. Plus, his mis-pronunciations make for lots of laughs.

Who wants to bet how long it takes for someone to bring up Bush's pronunciation of nuclear?

you just brought it up. no bet. sucker

The teleprompter is bad because the right uses it as a device to assure their racist members that a black man cannot actually be an artiulate speaker. He has no independent thought and must rely on the prepared thoughts of his white puppet masters

The teleprompter is bad because the right uses it as a device to assure their racist members that a black man cannot actually be an artiulate speaker. He has no independent thought and must rely on the prepared thoughts of his white puppet masters

Stop. It ain't always about racism. Is that all you got? His white puppet masters as you called them are yes men and women that are as under-qualified as the president.

you just brought it up. no bet. sucker

12,000 posts in three years and you have not said one intelligent thing. Is there not a government program in which you can enter that provides coloring between the lines, arts and crafts, and other activities in a warehouse facility so that the rest of us can be free of one less stupid mutherfucker?

One of your best posts........:cuckoo:

Stop. It ain't always about racism. Is that all you got? His white puppet masters as you called them are yes men and women that are as under-qualified as the president.

Sometimes it is about racism. No other president has had his use of a teleprmter questioned.......only the articulate black man

Because a certain element of the Republican constituency can't deal with a black man who is articulate

Forum List

Back