Teen posts on FB "I made it to see 17". An hour later he was dead.

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
'I made it to see 17,' St. Louis teen posted on his birthday. An hour later, he was dead.

Armond Latimore posted on his Facebook page Saturday about how glad he was that he made it to see his 17th birthday; just over an hour later he would be dead from a gunshot wound to his head.

Latimore, of St. Louis, was shot about 1 p.m. Saturday — his birthday — in the 3100 block of North Grand Boulevard, police said. He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Homicide detectives are investigating.

His mother, Chandra D. Payne, 38, said she had left her home and went to a nearby store to buy ice cream to go with a cake to celebrate her son’s birthday. She said he didn’t want anything elaborate.

“He told me that he wanted ice cream,” she said. “I went to Save A Lot and three minutes later I received the call.”

She was told he had been shot outside a chop suey restaurant called Bing Lau, where he had gone to pick up food. The scene is a few blocks south of Fairground Park in the Jeff-Vander-Lou neighborhood.

Damn. His mother was out buying him ice cream to go with his cake when she received the call. Reading that part really fucked with me. :(

How do you understand something like this?

You have a gun. A teen. A bullet.

Said gun was pointed at said teen. Said bullet entered said teens head doing massive internal damage and killing said teen. Kinda like this but with a teenager.

52c2f1d16bb3f7ff52613ad0-750-382.jpg

Now do you understand?

How do you understand something like this?

You have a gun. A teen. A bullet.

Said gun was pointed at said teen. Said bullet entered said teens head doing massive internal damage and killing said teen. Kinda like this but with a teenager.

52c2f1d16bb3f7ff52613ad0-750-382.jpg

Now do you understand?

Ah yes, what would a USMB about human tragedy be without a little douchebaggery?

'I made it to see 17,' St. Louis teen posted on his birthday. An hour later, he was dead.

Armond Latimore posted on his Facebook page Saturday about how glad he was that he made it to see his 17th birthday; just over an hour later he would be dead from a gunshot wound to his head.

Latimore, of St. Louis, was shot about 1 p.m. Saturday — his birthday — in the 3100 block of North Grand Boulevard, police said. He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Homicide detectives are investigating.

His mother, Chandra D. Payne, 38, said she had left her home and went to a nearby store to buy ice cream to go with a cake to celebrate her son’s birthday. She said he didn’t want anything elaborate.

“He told me that he wanted ice cream,” she said. “I went to Save A Lot and three minutes later I received the call.”

She was told he had been shot outside a chop suey restaurant called Bing Lau, where he had gone to pick up food. The scene is a few blocks south of Fairground Park in the Jeff-Vander-Lou neighborhood.

Damn. His mother was out buying him ice cream to go with his cake when she received the call. Reading that part really fucked with me. :(

70-80% percent of gun murder victims are criminals.....of the rest, they are friends and family of criminals...from your link...

Rumors are going around now, Payne said, and some concerned people have pointed her to photos on his Facebook page where he is seen with a lot of cash and posing with a gun. But as she looks for answers, Payne says her son never owned a gun, and the money belonged to someone else. She said her son was a good kid, a helper.

Glad to reach 17? Only a gang member would post stuff like that.
Or living in such a horrific neighborhood. Sadly, I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened because he did post it and was known to avoid the gangs in his area. They showed him. No matter what, how screwed up.

Or living in such a horrific neighborhood. Sadly, I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened because he did post it and was known to avoid the gangs in his area. They showed him. No matter what, how screwed up.

Even if he was in a gang, a horrific neighborhood can have a strong influence on a teenager. Most of us grew up in decent neighborhoods, and were still assholes as teenagers. Imagine growing up dodging gun shots.

I can understand.
Unfortunately, now having seen the photos from his Facebook page, he was probably involved in what he shouldn’t have been. Sad state of affairs.
Armond Latimore

Even if he was in a gang, a horrific neighborhood can have a strong influence on a teenager. Most of us grew up in decent neighborhoods, and were still assholes as teenagers. Imagine growing up dodging gun shots.

I can understand.
Unfortunately, now having seen the photos from his Facebook page, he was probably involved in what he shouldn’t have been. Sad state of affairs.
Armond Latimore

Which still doesn't make him a bad kid. He was a kid with a developing mind who did stupid shit while living in a shit neighborhood. It got him killed. Sad state of affairs, indeed.

May the perpetrator fry. For this to happen on the boy's birthday, a message was obviously being sent.

God bless you and the boy's family always!!!

Holly

May the perpetrator fry. For this to happen on the boy's birthday, a message was obviously being sent.

God bless you and the boy's family always!!!

Holly

I was thinking that it would be a strange coincidence that something like that would happen on his birthday, an hour after he posted something like that on a social media platform that also sends out birthday alerts. Somebody was sending a message over something.

Very sad indeed

Forum List

Back