teen moms

My daughter lives with her mom, who she doesn't like much. At one level I am terrified that she will be this silly, and on the other hand I am pretty proud of her smarts. I doubt she will have that trouble. But teenagers always seem incredibly dumb in the things they do. Boys die of testosterone poisoning all the time. I just always keep my fingers crossed that she keeps her legs crossed.

heh.....

Yet there are parents who would vehemently disagree, and stubbernly claim that an adolescent would know

http://www.usmessageboard.com/education-and-history/132316-how-to-put-on-a-condom.html

just by "looking at it."

I had a deal with my older slave when he became 14, and was hanging out at girls' houses.

I bought him a box of condoms, and asked if he knew how to use them. He said, "yes." and of course was terribly embarrassed.

So I told him that, to avoid these embarasing situations in the future, he could simply leave the empty box on my desk, and I would replace it with a full box.

This hasn't ever happened during the past two years........:eusa_angel:

....because he buys his own.:cool:

If boys get used to condoms, they're fine with using them. It's the MEN who are used to NOT wearing them that will forever be the problem.

I think birth control continues to be primarily the female's responsibility, only because females [usually] are more responsible in the first place.

My daughter lives with her mom, who she doesn't like much. At one level I am terrified that she will be this silly, and on the other hand I am pretty proud of her smarts. I doubt she will have that trouble. But teenagers always seem incredibly dumb in the things they do. Boys die of testosterone poisoning all the time. I just always keep my fingers crossed that she keeps her legs crossed.

heh.....

Yet there are parents who would vehemently disagree, and stubbernly claim that an adolescent would know

http://www.usmessageboard.com/education-and-history/132316-how-to-put-on-a-condom.html

just by "looking at it."

I had a deal with my older slave when he became 14, and was hanging out at girls' houses.

I bought him a box of condoms, and asked if he knew how to use them. He said, "yes." and of course was terribly embarrassed.

So I told him that, to avoid these embarasing situations in the future, he could simply leave the empty box on my desk, and I would replace it with a full box.

This hasn't ever happened during the past two years........:eusa_angel:

....because he buys his own.:cool:

If boys get used to condoms, they're fine with using them. It's the MEN who are used to NOT wearing them that will forever be the problem.

I think birth control continues to be primarily the female's responsibility, only because females [usually] are more responsible in the first place.

Well, it does take "Two to Tango."

But the female is going to give birth.

You'd think that would be incentive to be responsible, regardless of any preceived innate difference between male and female "responsibility."

Of course, I'm certain no female has become pregnate on purpose.:tongue:

i will admit to being totally hooked on this series...it began with...16 and pregant...now they are following 4 of the orginal moms, maci who is so smart and hard working but hooked up with the worthless cad ryan, farrah....a space cadet who's baby's father is killed in a car crash so she is on her own, amber...what can one say about amber, if gary can endure her mouth....it might work....and then katelynn, her and tyler gave their baby up for adoption.

so anyone else watching this series, i think it should be show to teenagers every chance it can. it shows that very few of these teen preggies end up happy.

it shows how hard things are once you have a child.

Haven't heard of it, doubt I would watch it. Sounds to me like it glorifies single parenthood...I am against that. Even if you THINK it teaches people how hard it is, it is showing kids that they can get on tv if they have a child as a teen, or that someone did. Not a good message.......

perhaps you should not judge the series until you see it...it hardly glorifies anything

and why must you go big with the think? yea it shows people getting knocked up and getting on tv...why dont we just stop all the reality tv series?

you have no clue what the message is...you have not watched the show...but of course conservatives dont have an open mind...and always have their minds dead set on ever subject...

i will admit to being totally hooked on this series...it began with...16 and pregant...now they are following 4 of the orginal moms, maci who is so smart and hard working but hooked up with the worthless cad ryan, farrah....a space cadet who's baby's father is killed in a car crash so she is on her own, amber...what can one say about amber, if gary can endure her mouth....it might work....and then katelynn, her and tyler gave their baby up for adoption.

so anyone else watching this series, i think it should be show to teenagers every chance it can. it shows that very few of these teen preggies end up happy.

it shows how hard things are once you have a child.

Haven't heard of it, doubt I would watch it. Sounds to me like it glorifies single parenthood...I am against that. Even if you THINK it teaches people how hard it is, it is showing kids that they can get on tv if they have a child as a teen, or that someone did. Not a good message.......

perhaps you should not judge the series until you see it...it hardly glorifies anything

and why must you go big with the think? yea it shows people getting knocked up and getting on tv...why dont we just stop all the reality tv series?

you have no clue what the message is...you have not watched the show...but of course conservatives dont have an open mind...and always have their minds dead set on ever subject...

Yeah, I don't like any other reality shows either.. I watch tv for entertainment, I get enough reality in reality. Except for the funny videos, those I like.

I am not a conservative, I'm a moderate.

I'm not wasting my time watching a show on teen moms. If you like it, you watch it....

If I'm wrong, so be it...it would be great if I'm wrong on this...just don't think I am.

Some of the scenes on Teen Mom are scripted (or practiced) because of course the cameras are always on. And it's undoubtedly edited to fit a one-hour timeframe. But there are many other scenes that I don't believe ARE scripted. If so, then those kids are so good they should be making full-length movies and getting paid 8 figure salaries!

It's a good series because it shows the terrible damage that can be done to a young person's entire future when an unplanned pregnancy happens and there is little, if any, adult support system. Because it's on MTV, I sincerely hope thousands of teens are also as hooked on it as this adult is.

well damn....kyle dumps maci big time....i didnt realize she moved after 2 months...what a dummie she was....

catelynn and tyler see their baby......i just dont get that hat thing he has going...and i died when they talked about when they were 'young'

farrah is going to get some money from dead baby's daddy....her mom is a total bitch...she never listens
to farrah

amber....dating the dude from wally world ...he strikes me as a peddie....its just too weird...and gary...gary gary gary...get a job and support your family and you might win amber back....

well damn....kyle dumps maci big time....i didnt realize she moved after 2 months...what a dummie she was....

catelynn and tyler see their baby......i just dont get that hat thing he has going...and i died when they talked about when they were 'young'

farrah is going to get some money from dead baby's daddy....her mom is a total bitch...she never listens
to farrah

amber....dating the dude from wally world ...he strikes me as a peddie....its just too weird...and gary...gary gary gary...get a job and support your family and you might win amber back....

Can you imagine the mess Gary and Amber's child will be by the time she reaches adolescence with all the screaming and punching and getting yanked from one place to another all the time?

i think leah will be fine if they stop it soon...i was reading us mag....at a friends house...and they said that gary is a total leech....making the mtv staff pay any expenses he has while filming....i guess that is how he was able to buy the huge bunch of flowers.

it is a shame cause leah is such a pretty little one

Yeah, that kid Leah sure is cute.

Ironically, the couple that seems like they'd have been best suited to raise a child as young parents are the ones who gave theirs up for adoption.

you think catelynn and tyler are suited to raise a child? honey hush, really?

one will never know how the father of sophie would have been....

ryan is a total ass ....i dont even see why his parent tolerate him

you think catelynn and tyler are suited to raise a child? honey hush, really?

one will never know how the father of sophie would have been....

ryan is a total ass ....i dont even see why his parent tolerate him

I said they seem to be the "best" suited of the couples dealt with on the show. There's a difference.

o i think they are the saddest couple on the show.....their families are so messed up....

and look at them..hopes for higher education but cant finish high school....and what is with that damned ball cap?

amber and gary seem the worse on the show

i think leah will be fine if they stop it soon...i was reading us mag....at a friends house...and they said that gary is a total leech....making the mtv staff pay any expenses he has while filming....i guess that is how he was able to buy the huge bunch of flowers.

it is a shame cause leah is such a pretty little one

There's a special tonight supposedly showing some video not previously seen. Then tomorrow night is the final episode.

Gary is a pig, as I've said from the beginning. Even HIS mother kicked him out but she doted on him before. He's now living with a friend. None of those men work, nor do they even try to get jobs. Pathetic.

Yeah, that kid Leah sure is cute.

Ironically, the couple that seems like they'd have been best suited to raise a child as young parents are the ones who gave theirs up for adoption.

Sure they do. They haven't had the experience! But they were the wisest, because of their own home lives which totally suck, and they didn't want to bring their own child into that. His father's either in jail or rehab; her mother is married to him and only cares about herself and how 'lonely' she is without him while he's off doing time.

Okay, so new episodes began just the other night, with a slightly different format: One young couple per segment. The first one is about the two kids trying to finish high school, they get married and live with her mom and dad all during the pregnancy and thereafter. (I guess a new couple will be introduced each week.)

So I already have a question: WHERE ARE THE BOY'S (Cody) PARENTS? There is no mention of them at all, like they don't even exist. Maybe when the show is over for the season, Dr. Drew will do another two-hour review and explain why it seems like it's always the girl's parents who pitch in and help and the boy's parents just sit around on their collective asses and do nothing.

new? and i missed it...i read today that they make 60 to 65 k a season...that good coin for a 18 yr old

It's re-run at least twice a week, so I'm sure you can catch it. Yes, I guessed they made some money off doing the stint. I also suspect in order to get the mean moms involved (like Catelyn's and Farrah's), they got a pretty penny too. Otherwise, why would they do it?

you saw a new esp. of 16 and pregant...not teen moms....i watched it....cody and brooke...that is gonna be a mess....i hope they can buy the barn and move out of the parents...

seems gary has taken leah and left amber

Forum List

Back