Ted Nugent concert canceled in Birmingham over community outcry

The people of Avondale expressed their opposition and the venue made a business decision.

Conservatives don't have an issue with boycotts, do they?
And they made Nugent cancel. A lot of people wanted to see him. It is not their right to ruin people plans because they are offended. This is supposed to be a free country with freedom of speech.

Do we expect instant results from boycotts. Ah, no.

And they made Nugent cancel. A lot of people wanted to see him. It is not their right to ruin people plans because they are offended. This is supposed to be a free country with freedom of speech.

Ted should not have canceled. He should show some hetro balls and do the concert....

The promoter canceled the show, along with the venue. Nuge didn't have a choice.

Refreshing to see a City in a deep red state standing up for diversity.
/-----/ Diversity would include Ted Nugent being allowed to have his concert,
diversity

dĭ-vûr′sĭ-tē, dī-

noun​

1. The quality or condition of being diverse.
  2. The condition of having or including people from different ethnicities and social backgrounds.
  3. A variety or assortment.

You mean Ted got cancelled like a lite beer because some people didn't like his politics? Go figure.
/---/ You think you are so clever ---- but ---- Bud Light didn't get cancelled. You can still buy it most anywhere. People choose to BOYCOTT it. Ted's concert was CANCELED.
To aid your education efforts:
boycott
boi′kŏt″

transitive verb

1. To abstain from or act together in abstaining from using, buying, dealing with, or participating in as an expression of protest or disfavor or as a means of coercion.
  2. To combine against (a landlord, tradesman, employer, or other person), to withhold social or business relations from him, and to deter others from holding such relations; to subject to a boycott.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
cancel
kăn′səl

intransitive verb​

1. To annul or invalidate.
  2. To decide or announce that (a planned or scheduled event) will not take place, especially with no intention of holding it at a later time.
  3. To cross out with lines or other markings. synonym: erase.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

One of a couple of deep blue cesspools in an otherwise traditional state. The good news is when the SHTF, they can be surrounded and all traffic in or out, shut down until they cannibalize themselves...
Do you use Vaseline with that fantasy?

When one decides to pick a political stance and broadcast it, one then deals with it. Just like bud light. Heck 20 years ago we boycotted an anti teacher restaurant owner and he had to shut his doors. Then he blamed the teachers.

Nugent went pretty far for a 3 chord guitar player. Too bad he's batshit crazy.
Yeah so batshit crazy that he's one of the only rockers out there who abhors and speaks out against alcohol and drug abuse. I am a musician myself and I can attest that I am far from innocent, although I have thoroughly cleaned myself up since 20 years ago. I really do admire him for asserting that posture in spite of my own tainted background.

Forum List

Back