Ted Lieu refuses to play along with another pretend moment of concern—and that concerns Sarah Palin

Reasonable

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2017
CC2A3FBA-CF54-4EE9-8FDD-9B88EA557001.png

With all the publicity over Election Day, it was easy to miss Democratic Congressman Ted Lieu making a quiet, but bold, statement about a quiet, but pointless, gesture.

A Democratic lawmaker walked out of a moment of silence for the Texas shooting victims on Monday night to protest a lack of action on gun safety after mass shootings in the United States.

Republicans, always ready to be offended on behalf of others—unless those others are black, brown, gay, women, immigrants, or poor—immediately sent in their most articulate spokesperson: Sarah Palin. She tweeted:

What a disgrace. This Rep. should be ashamed of himself. You're a member of Congress, for crying out loud.

Which brought a reply from Rep. Lieu.

Dear @SarahPalinUSA: Feel free to call me names because I'm cool like that. But I will keep fighting for gun safety. Unlike you I don't quit.

Lieu went on Facebook during the moment of silence to let America know what he thought of the whole no-talk, no-action show being put on by his fellow representatives.

"My colleagues right now are doing a moment of silence," he said during a Facebook Live from the hallway. "I respect their right to do that and I myself have participated in many of them. But I can't do this again. I've been to too many moments of silences. Just in my short career in Congress, three of the worst mass shootings in US history have occurred. I will not be silent. What we need is we need action, we need to pass gun safety legislation now."

Now all that remains is for Palin to give Air Force veteran Lieu a lecture on patriotism.

Ted Lieu refuses to play along with another pretend moment of concern—and that concerns Sarah Palin

• Banned
Thoughts and prayers never prevented one person from being killed by gun violence.
No wonder Congress loves these empty gestures.

• Banned
Empty gestures is the foundation of this GOP controlled Congress..

But why don't the Democrat Politicians care about the thousands people who are murdered every year by the Democrat Criminals and Terrorist?

Personally I find that rude as fuck. Will Wheaton pulled the same kind of bullshit and the public called him a prick to his "face" {Twitter} I suspect this guys stunt will not pay well.

• Banned
But why don't the Democrat Politicians care about the thousands people who are murdered every year by the Democrat Criminals and Terrorist?
There are more republicans than democrats in Congress yet to point out democrats. Why is that?

• Banned
Personally I find that rude as fuck. Will Wheaton pulled the same kind of bullshit and the public called him a prick to his "face" {Twitter} I suspect this guys stunt will not pay well.
Of course you do... you like empty gestures and nothing being done to stop the carnage.

View attachment 159607

With all the publicity over Election Day, it was easy to miss Democratic Congressman Ted Lieu making a quiet, but bold, statement about a quiet, but pointless, gesture.

A Democratic lawmaker walked out of a moment of silence for the Texas shooting victims on Monday night to protest a lack of action on gun safety after mass shootings in the United States.

Republicans, always ready to be offended on behalf of others—unless those others are black, brown, gay, women, immigrants, or poor—immediately sent in their most articulate spokesperson: Sarah Palin. She tweeted:

What a disgrace. This Rep. should be ashamed of himself. You're a member of Congress, for crying out loud.

Dear @SarahPalinUSA: Feel free to call me names because I'm cool like that. But I will keep fighting for gun safety. Unlike you I don't quit.

Lieu went on Facebook during the moment of silence to let America know what he thought of the whole no-talk, no-action show being put on by his fellow representatives.

"My colleagues right now are doing a moment of silence," he said during a Facebook Live from the hallway. "I respect their right to do that and I myself have participated in many of them. But I can't do this again. I've been to too many moments of silences. Just in my short career in Congress, three of the worst mass shootings in US history have occurred. I will not be silent. What we need is we need action, we need to pass gun safety legislation now."

Now all that remains is for Palin to give Air Force veteran Lieu a lecture on patriotism.

Now all that's left is for Lieu to describe in DETAIL what new gun control measures he believes will stop the tens of thousands of negroes shooting each other with guns they bought indirectly from the mexican drug cartels.
The mexican drug cartels are in fact literally keeping the inner city negroes on 'the plantation'.
Like every asian he thinks negroes are just one rung higher than monkeys on the evolutionary ladder. In other words he doesn't give a shit about them.

View attachment 159607

Now all that's left is for Lieu to describe in DETAIL what new gun control measures he believes will stop the tens of thousands of negroes shooting each other with guns they bought indirectly from the mexican drug cartels.
The mexican drug cartels are in fact literally keeping the inner city negroes on 'the plantation'.
Like every asian he thinks negroes are just one rung higher than monkeys on the evolutionary ladder. In other words he doesn't give a shit about them.
You start with a false narrative and graduate to bigger lies.
A deplorables MO.

Congress: Our thoughts and prayers
Lieu: fuck that, start doing your jobs.
Ted Lieu, one of the very few Congressmen with common sense and balls..

Forum List

Back