Ted Koppel: Fox News ‘Bad for America’

“The big thing you have to admire about Ted Koppel is that he won’t be bullied into saying anything that isn’t the truth, be it about the news or about a supposed-news organization like Fox ‘News’. While appearing on Bill O’ Reilly’s show, he basically lambastes the network for not being a true news network and brands them a ‘business’ — nothing more, nothing less.

Koppel notes that ideological news is bad for America – from wherever the ideology stems. He notes that there is no question when watching FoxNews where the ideological bent comes from. Further, he chastises O’ Reilly for pretending to be a real news anchor, especially when he goes so far as to remind O’ Reilly “Once upon a time, you and I thought journalism was a calling…” instead of just a business.

Then, when O’Reilly says the difference between FoxNews and MSNBC is that Fox does HARD NEWS, you can almost sense Koppel is going to break out in a loud laugh. He is kinder and more thoughtful in his response than that, but you know he must be thinking it. Feeling it. From his gut.

Ted Koppel: Fox News 'Bad for America' | Liberals Unite

Because Rinata LIKES the silly tripe offered by Teddy the K, she claims it's "the truth."

:lmao:

Damn, Rinata is pretty fucking silly.

Why?

It couldn't be the higher ratings.....could it?

I'm no defender of faux news, but let's face reality. Those two are from competing networks and one has lost viewership since the advent of 24/7 news channels. Koppel represents the old, and very stuffy, business model that is on its way out. It is a matter of course that he is resentful.

How about Fox News lies and covers only stories they deem important??
Don't be silly, they are all guilty of shading their version of the news and only hitting those stories they consider relevant.

Can't you just sense the jealousy and hatred in the knee jerk liberal media when Fox beats them all combined? I wonder what Koppel thinks about the freaking traitor who tried to influence a presidential election with forged documents? Dan Rather was just doing his job?

"Those were real, you little shit! REAL!! I'm Dan Rather, and my words ARE reality!!"

danratherfingercopy5rb.jpg

Well that settles it!

Yep, Rinata is not just a fat assed old tramp, she's also as dumb as dirt - but at least that precludes her from eating the dirt.

Methinks you aspire to be an author; anyone can put the words you post on paper, but only those who struggle for attention and are arrogant, self righteous and emotionally out of balance would post what you have posted.
You mean like what you do, Mr. Word-of-the-Day Toilet Paper?

Why?

It couldn't be the higher ratings.....could it?

I'm no defender of faux news, but let's face reality. Those two are from competing networks and one has lost viewership since the advent of 24/7 news channels. Koppel represents the old, and very stuffy, business model that is on its way out. It is a matter of course that he is resentful.

How about Fox News lies and covers only stories they deem important??
...as opposed to MSNBC, which lies and rubber-stamps Obama's campaign press releases and calls them "news"?

“the big thing you have to admire about ted koppel is that he won’t be bullied into saying anything that isn’t the truth, be it about the news or about a supposed-news organization like fox ‘news’. While appearing on bill o’ reilly’s show, he basically lambastes the network for not being a true news network and brands them a ‘business’ — nothing more, nothing less.

Koppel notes that ideological news is bad for america – from wherever the ideology stems. He notes that there is no question when watching foxnews where the ideological bent comes from. Further, he chastises o’ reilly for pretending to be a real news anchor, especially when he goes so far as to remind o’ reilly “once upon a time, you and i thought journalism was a calling…” instead of just a business.

Then, when o’reilly says the difference between foxnews and msnbc is that fox does hard news, you can almost sense koppel is going to break out in a loud laugh. He is kinder and more thoughtful in his response than that, but you know he must be thinking it. Feeling it. From his gut.

ted koppel: Fox news 'bad for america' | liberals unite

because rinata likes the silly tripe offered by teddy the k, she claims it's "the truth."

Damn, rinata is pretty fucking silly.

$imagesCA5S13RS.jpg

“The big thing you have to admire about Ted Koppel is that he won’t be bullied into saying anything that isn’t the truth, be it about the news or about a supposed-news organization like Fox ‘News’. While appearing on Bill O’ Reilly’s show, he basically lambastes the network for not being a true news network and brands them a ‘business’ — nothing more, nothing less.

Koppel notes that ideological news is bad for America – from wherever the ideology stems. He notes that there is no question when watching FoxNews where the ideological bent comes from. Further, he chastises O’ Reilly for pretending to be a real news anchor, especially when he goes so far as to remind O’ Reilly “Once upon a time, you and I thought journalism was a calling…” instead of just a business.

Then, when O’Reilly says the difference between FoxNews and MSNBC is that Fox does HARD NEWS, you can almost sense Koppel is going to break out in a loud laugh. He is kinder and more thoughtful in his response than that, but you know he must be thinking it. Feeling it. From his gut.

Fox News makes the mulah, followed by MSNBC. Its very obvious and all too unfortunate that the more ideologically based your newscast is the more views and/or money the agency makes.

Yep, Rinata is not just a fat assed old tramp, she's also as dumb as dirt - but at least that precludes her from eating the dirt.

Aww, you sound mad...and stupid as hell. Could it be that you're both AT THE SAME TIME!? :eek:

I am neither.... but you are not very bright for commenting on something that you have no background story on. There is a very, very valid reason why I treat that fat assed old tramp with the contempt that she has earned. I can't say what it is on the board... but you are welcome to PM me to ask.

Stop lying!!! You know nothing about me. Go ahead and say what deep dark secret you know about me. Go on, I dare you.

Well that settles it!

Methinks you aspire to be an author; anyone can put the words you post on paper, but only those who struggle for attention and are arrogant, self righteous and emotionally out of balance would post what you have posted.

I don't aspire to be an author. I am an author. *dramatic bow*

Ask Rinata why I post what I post at her in public. If she's honest, and if you're a rational human being, you'd understand my point.

Fox News makes the mulah, followed by MSNBC. Its very obvious and all too unfortunate that the more ideologically based your newscast is the more views and/or money the agency makes.

Aww, you sound mad...and stupid as hell. Could it be that you're both AT THE SAME TIME!? :eek:

I am neither.... but you are not very bright for commenting on something that you have no background story on. There is a very, very valid reason why I treat that fat assed old tramp with the contempt that she has earned. I can't say what it is on the board... but you are welcome to PM me to ask.

Stop lying!!! You know nothing about me. Go ahead and say what deep dark secret you know about me. Go on, I dare you.

You know, and I know, and a whole bunch of other posters know it's not a lie, fat ass. I kept the PMs.

Last edited:
I dont see how being honest is bad. I dont see how giving an alternative viewpoint is bad.

But then im not a progressive trying to manipulate the media in support of Obama.

You know, and I know, and a whole bunch of other posters know it's not a lie, fat ass. I kept the PMs.

A whole bunch of other posters think you're nuts!! That's what they know. I knew you wouldn't tell your big secret, because you don't have one. You are pathetic and getting more so all the time.

U.S. Distrust in Media Hits New High

I am sure it's fox all those folks distrust :eusa_whistle:
lol

And that's why their ratings are more than all their top competitors?

McDonald's sells more hamburgers than any other company on earth. Are they the best hamburgers out there? No. Like Fox they are a cheap alternative and require little effort to get your daily fix.

Forum List

Back