Neck & Neck

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
The media is calling the presidential race as though Secretariat’s ‘73 Belmont Stakes was a neck and neck battle in the homestretch:

Mitt Romney is a lock contrary to media race-fixing. As much as the MSM would like Hussein to win there is an additional interest in reporting a neck and neck race. A Romney walkover would dry up campaign donations for all Democrats; hence, less money for campaign advertising on TV.

Not dumping Biden is another sign the race is over. The press knows that any replacement less than Jesus Christ won’t change the outcome; so why bother? In fact, Biden is a definite drag on the ticket. It’s not his gaffes that make him such a liability; the man’s entire political life has been a walking, talking, gaffe. It’s finally catching up with him.

The political truism “People don’t vote for the vice president.” is the best excuse the media offers for keeping him. In Biden’s case the truism does not exclude voting against him.

John Podhoretz dispels a second lame excuse for keeping Biden:

(And for those who say changing running mates in midstream would smack of desperation, there would be a ready answer: Franklin Delano Roosevelt, his role model, ran and won with three different VP candidates in four elections.)

Four years with Joe Biden one heartbeat away from the presidency tempted fate. Anybody who is thinking of giving him another bite out of the apple is rubbing fate’s nose in horse manure.

Remember this question in 2008:

So why did Obama choose Biden as his running mate?

Back then I answered he could not get anybody else who had name recognition.

Today the question is:

. . . why is he keeping Biden on as his running mate?

Same answer.

In a column last month Podhoretz talked about different aspects of Biden’s personality. He closed his commentary with a reason to vote against Biden:

Unfortunately for the president, Joe Biden might also be a time bomb.

The incredible lightness of Biden
The vice president isn’t just terrible at speaking — he’s awful at his job
Last Updated: 11:49 AM, August 19, 2012
Posted: 10:28 PM, August 18, 2012
John Podhoretz

The incredible lightness of Biden - NYPOST.com

Podhoretz was off by a mile. Biden has always been a time bomb for the country.

Since we are talking horse race....the betting public on Intrade has Obama ahead 71-29

Looks like Romney is just filling out the field

We really don't know what the polls really say since they are all weighted by the last election. Whatever the polls say now is adjusted by the last election results. If obama won Ohio by 5 percent, then whatever the polls show today will be weighted by 5% toward obama.

We really don't know what the polls really say since they are all weighted by the last election. Whatever the polls say now is adjusted by the last election results. If obama won Ohio by 5 percent, then whatever the polls show today will be weighted by 5% toward obama.

Sure

No, they aren't.

But you get kudos for coming up with a new bullshit reason that "polls don't matter".

Quote OP

Four years with Joe Biden one heartbeat away from the presidency tempted fate. Anybody who is thinking of giving him another bite out of the apple is rubbing fate’s nose in horse manure.

Does it make sense now?

Sheer terror! That is the reaction I had after the Biden-Ryan debate. Vice-President Joe Biden existing a single heartbeat away for the presidency makes my blood run cold.

A Heartbeat Away
J.D. Longstreet Friday, October 12, 2012

A Heartbeat Away!

except when they say what you want them to....

idiot.

We're not going to know a thing until election day. We can postulate all we want. I myself have not yet decided between Romney or 3rd party, or to not vote on a presidential candidate at all. There are far more important things on the ballot that affect me more, like which legislators are being elected, for example.

As for predictions, I think the race is going to be pretty close, but really, what do I know about how the public is going to vote? Very little. If anybody really thinks a candidate is going to run away with it, and was that confident in it, then they would just sit back and wait. There wouldn't be any need to scream from the mountaintops about who is leading.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back