Ted Kennedy's Seat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Catbert, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Catbert

Catbert Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Scott Brown at the Massachusetts Senate debate to Gergen. "With all due respect, it's not the Kennedy seat, it's not the Democrats' seat, it's the people's seat."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJEEQHOnI2Q#watch-main-area

Brown is who we need. Many are sending him contributions.

But, you have to wonder how long before Obama's evil posse and the frightened Libs try to bring him down before he makes too much sense.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  2. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    That is an uphill battle, Mass is the very heart of Democrats.

3. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,534
    Pat Buchanan predicted the Democrat will win.

4. Catbert

Catbert Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Poll: MA-SEN Race Is A Toss-Up -- GOPer Brown Has One-Point Edge

Eric Kleefeld | January 10, 2010, 12:24AM

[​IMG]
    MA Senate candidates Martha Coakley (D) and Scott Brown (R).

The new survey of Massachusetts by Public Policy Polling (D) sends a very alarming message to Democrats: Due to a fall in interest by Democratic voters, the race for the late Ted Kennedy's Senate seat is a toss-up, and Republican Scott Brown even has a one-point edge over Democrat Martha Coakley.

The numbers: Brown 48%, Coakley 47%, with a ±3.6% margin of error. The election will be held on January 19. Independent candidate Joe Kennedy, a libertarian who is not related to the famous Kennedy family, was not included in the poll. If Brown were to pick up this seat in Democratic Massachusetts, it would surely spell the end of the health care bill -- Brown has made it very clear that he would use his power as the 41st Republican Senator to stop the bill.

Poll: MA-SEN Race Is A Toss-Up -- GOPer Brown Has One-Point Edge | TPMDC

5. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    I have never heard such an arrogant statement by a Democrat, Gergin, Ted Kennedy's seat????? No it's not, it is the people's seat. What do they think they have back in Massachusetts--- a life time appointment that is passed down to another politician through a will or something??? Freggin crazy!!!! That's probably what's going to happen there next, ex. I am a life long senator and I wrote in my will that when I die, this person gets MY seat for all of his or her lifetime.

Kerry another ARRONGANT SOB is sending out e-mails to Massachusetts citizens stating 2 times in his letter that this is Ted Kennedy's seat and how dare a Republican challenge that.

If you live in the state of Massachusetts and have a chance to vote in this run-off election you need to send a loud and clear message to Kerry, Clinton and Obama that that's your seat and not some politicians. I don't care if you do a write in, but if you elect Coakly you have just endorsed the most arrogant assumption that I have ever witnessed. That you, the voter, cater to them and they not to you.

6. MajikMyst

MajikMyst Honorary Non-member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    OMG!!! Every news agency on the planet including Faux Noise has refered to it as Kennedy's seat!!

So why don't you all just shut the hell up about something that means absolutely nothing!!

George Bush called his ranch in Crawford the 'Western Whitehouse.' Anyone care to discuss the arrogance in that??

Give me a break!!

7. Maple

Maple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +568
    The Western Whitehouse is not a tax payer funded house, it's George Bush's PRIVATE PROPERTY. The United States Senate is the people's house, we support those seats with our tax dollars, we hire these senators through our votes to have them represent us in the United States senate.

They WORK for us, they sit in OUR seats, that WE PAID FOR. THEY DO NOT OWN THOSE SEATS, WE DO.

Stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And just another example of those Booooooooooooooooosh haters.:cuckoo:

8. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,102
    Every Presidential home west of Washington D.C. has been refered to as "The Western White House." There is no "arrogance" in the term, except in your small mind.

9. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Wow, somebody needs a time out.

Is there some kind of prize for using !s and ?s? One of either is an adequate sufficiency of punctuation.

10. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Can you imagine the size of that seat? It's probably at least this big:

[​IMG]