Ted Cruz trying to cause a filibuster......

I don't believe in filibusters.....they should just have an up or down vote.

I won't support one more cent being taken out of infrastructure, science or tech. Doing so rips the heart of what makes this country a first world country.

I support fixing obamacare so it doesn't harm people anymore ;) I am also for limiting food stamps to abled bodied people. Replace this with a work program.

I won't support one more cent being taken out of infrastructure, science or tech. Doing so rips the heart of what makes this country a first world country.

I support fixing obamacare so it doesn't harm people anymore ;) I am also for limiting food stamps to abled bodied people. Replace this with a work program.

You must mean those "shovel-ready" projects right???

I don't support holding the Government hostage in order to force your Agenda when it does not have the votes to pass.

Healthcare passed. It had the votes.
Defunding it does not have the votes.
Do not hold everything else up like a toddler because you cant garner enough support for your idea.

The law should be repealed then on the merit of repealing it. Not as a hostage negotiation. No President in their right mind would repeal their own prize policy after they accomplished it, and so it's clear who's "holding the govt hostage and not negotiating" despite the spin. And dont do me the disrespect of calling me a dem and going off on tangents. Pls.

The mistake made is assuming the ACA is about healthcare. Its not. Its about wealth distribution and enabling the government to have a better grip on your happiness and security...and thereby....and most importantly....your vote.

I don't support holding the Government hostage in order to force your Agenda when it does not have the votes to pass.

I don't support being held hostage by a law that me and millions of other Americans did not want passed in the first place!!

Too bad. We had an election. your side lost.

Deal with it.

And it's not like you have a job where you are getting health care to start with.

The mistake made is assuming the ACA is about healthcare. Its not. Its about wealth distribution and enabling the government to have a better grip on your happiness and security...and thereby....and most importantly....your vote.

The ACAS should be debated and voted upon on its own merits.

And that's how all bills should work.

Having it work the other way has allowed both parties to be living under white lies of deceit and never being responsible for their thusly always spinnable voting records.

"we held the gov't hostage.....no you held the gov't hostage......we wont negotiate...no you wont negotiate..."

And the simple minds of the electorate buy one or the other instead of getting upset with the underlying crux of why it's even like this.

Dems have passed a Bill, and are still in office after having done so. If the majority are mad about that, they're holding themselves hostage.

The party attempting to tie the most ridiculous, and knowingly un-passable stipulation to the Bill which funds the Gov't, is holding the Gov't hostage. It's grimy, and it's always going to be grimy no matter who does it. Quote the raven.

Forum List

Back