Ted Cruz shifts away from social issues being something to campaign on

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
Sen. Cruz on tea party s social focus

Question: Will the GOP keep social issues, or bedroom issues out of the election from here on out?
Cruz: "You're right that the Tea Party's focus is almost exclusively fiscal and economic" "There are a great many social conservatives that are concerned about directions in this country, and I think they have a legitimate part in this debate, but I'll tell you what, with the threat that is bankrupting our kids and grandkids is the out of control debt, the size, power, and spending of the federal government. And the intrusions of the Federal government on our constitutional liberties. And those are issues that bring people together across party lines"

Question: If a state chooses to allow same-sex marriage, shouldn't they be allowed to do that?
Cruz: Yes

And in the video he refuses to say if he would support traditional or same-sex marriage if he were running a state.

So how is that ANY DIFFERENT from how an establishment candidate approaches campaigning points for an election? What he said sounds EXACTLY like the Romney campaign in 2012 "Govt spending is out of control, champion small business, healthy economy, etc, etc"

RIGHT after saying the GOP needs to move away from establishment Romney types, Cruz then proceeds to say the Tea Party cares more about economic concerns than social issues, and that he feels those issues take priority in a campaign :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

What a conservative hero :lol::lol::lol::lol:

How does anyone think he will gain steam in a general election and get those millions of stay-home GOP voters out for 2016?

I want far-rights to come out and address this. Moderate-rights have had to put up with hate and whining from far-rights for years and now their guy sounds just like every last establishment GOP candidate out there.

In Maryland, I voted for the republican candidate for Governor, Larry Hogan, mostly because of this.

All hail small government!!!!

Cruz is exactly right.

Economic issues are the proper focus. Social issues are what drive the masses away from the Republicans. IF the GOP wants to appeal to voters, fiscal issues are the proper venue.

Cruz is exactly right.

Economic issues are the proper focus. Social issues are what drive the masses away from the Republicans. IF the GOP wants to appeal to voters, fiscal issues are the proper venue.
Or they can get less people to vote.

Next step is republicans need to stop running smear campaigns.

-- I doubt it's possible, but when that day comes, conservatives will have a huge advantage over the dems.

Forum List

Back