Ted Cruz; More-Crazy Every Day....

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
Now, he thinks we "need" the bank$ to act as middle-men, again, when it comes to student-loans.

I thought Republicans were bigger fans o' CUTTING-costs??!!!

323.png

I'm very sure if you could show him where the federal government has the Constitutional authority to act as a lender he would have no problem with it. Unlike most politicians Cruz takes his oath of office seriously.

I'm very sure if you could show him where the federal government has the Constitutional authority to act as a lender he would have no problem with it. Unlike most politicians Cruz takes his oath of office seriously.
Constitution? No.

Federal Reserve Act of 1913? Yes.

Just take a look at all the Banks the Fed loans to.

Too bad most Americans don't take him seriously. #wacko.

I'm very sure if you could show him where the federal government has the Constitutional authority to act as a lender he would have no problem with it.

Looks like you are going to get a big goose egg and lots of smoke and mirrors on that question.

And yet…

He is in an elected government office. I guess that most Americans that he represents do NOT find him wacko. More Americans are realizing we have been hoodwinked every day. His way may not be the correct way – that is still to be determined – but the way we are handling things currently sure is not.

And yet…

He is in an elected government office. I guess that most Americans that he represents do NOT find him wacko. More Americans are realizing we have been hoodwinked every day. His way may not be the correct way – that is still to be determined – but the way we are handling things currently sure is not.

Hello? He's a senator from Texas. Texas is wacko...at least, state government is. Cruz is a Tea Party crazie, an extremist. Texas is presumably "going purple", and may be blue come 2016.

And yet…

He's from Texas, right? That explains a lot.

And yet…

And yet no one seems able to explain where the Constitution says the federal government should control the means and distribution of college loan production.

Gosh, banks act as the "middle man" for home loans, car loans, and a zillion other loans. That's what banks do!

But acting as the "middle man" for college loans is suddenly a bad thing?

What magical unicorn property do college loans possess which warrants their being made a special case?

And yet…

So you're saying that texans approve of smaller less intrusive government.

Sounds like you wish you were texan, just sayin

And yet…

So you're saying that texans approve of smaller less intrusive government.

Sounds like you wish you were texan, just sayin

Please. Rick Perry disproves that every day of his governorship.

Gosh, banks act as the "middle man" for home loans, car loans, and a zillion other loans. That's what banks do!

But acting as the "middle man" for college loans is suddenly a bad thing?

What magical unicorn property do college loans possess which warrants their being made a special case?

Durbin, Harkin: Congress Must Remove Loophole that Encourages For-profit Colleges to Target Veterans - Press Releases - Press Office - U.S. Senator Dick Durbin
"Over the past year, the HELP Committee has uncovered widespread predatory practices and dismal student outcomes at many for-profit colleges,” said Harkin. “The legislation we are introducing today is one of many important steps we will take in the coming months toward holding for-profit colleges accountable to the taxpayers who invest 30 billion dollars in their institutions annually. It will close a loophole that has made veterans and active duty military major targets of deceptive marketing and aggressive recruitment, rather than students treated with the respect their service deserves."
I get the feeling that if college loan applicants were left to the tender mercies of banks, their interest rates would invariably increase. What say you?

As to the OP, every time I hear Cruz speak I think of McCarthy & the am radio hypocrite- oxyRush.

Last edited:

Most Americans are probably complete unaware of him.

I don't see what's wacko about upholding your oath of office.

And yet…

And yet no one seems able to explain where the Constitution says the federal government should control the means and distribution of college loan production.

No one who is honest will, because the Constitution doesnt give the Federal Government that power. And as you can see the dishonest corrupt people will avoid the question like the plague.

Forum List

Back