Ted Cruz Accuses Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Lying

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
about time someone called McConnell out....:up:

WASHINGTON — Senator Ted Cruz, the sometimes-incendiary Texan running for the Republican presidential nomination, took to the Senate floor Friday to call his party’s majority leader a liar in an extraordinary public airing of grievance.

Mr. Cruz, an ardent opponent of the federal Export-Import Bank, reacted in remarkably personal terms after the leader, Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, allowed a vote pressed by a large, bipartisan group of senators to resurrect the government’s export credit agency.

“I cannot believe he would tell a flat-out lie,” Mr. Cruz said of Mr. McConnell, who he said had promised him there was no deal to bring Ex-Im up for a vote.

Mr. Cruz said allowing that vote on the measure – which almost certainly will pass – was “an absolute demonstration that not only what he told every Republican senator but what he told the press over and over and over again was a simple lie.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/25/u...ch-mcconnell-of-lying-on-ex-im-bill.html?_r=0

By simply reading the article you get the impression that Ted Cruz is complaining about standard procedure and that HE is the bad guy

But when you dig into the facts you see that McConnell lied about not bringing up to a vote.

Then of course you get simpleton Americans who only know "My Side, Your Side" politics and mindlessly "cheer" if they think that "their side" gets a "win".

The only issue I have with McConnell in this story is the fact he didn't put it up for vote sooner.

michael-jackson-popcorn-meme-generator-i-m-just-here-to-see-obama-be-blamed-for-this-1088b1.jpg

McConnell is the ultimate politician. He is very, very good at what he does.

Is he an asshole about it ?

Sure. That's why he's a true politician ... perhaps the best of the 21st century so far.

McConnell vs the Tea Party

A man against boys. Penn State against Coastal Carolina. The US against Granada.

It's funny to watch.

Now ... I don't know a thing about the Import Export bank. Way above my thinking capacity.

That's my clown! Making a mockery of the Senate. He's exceptionally presidential.
McConnell is the ultimate politician. He is very, very good at what he does.

Is he an asshole about it ?

Sure. That's why he's a true politician ... perhaps the best of the 21st century so far.

McConnell vs the Tea Party

A man against boys. Penn State against Coastal Carolina. The US against Granada.

It's funny to watch.

Now ... I don't know a thing about the Import Export bank. Way above my thinking capacity.

he's the 'ultimate politician'.....you mean like Obama is......? the best of the worst....? top dog of the old progressives....?

Mitch McConnell's response to Ted Cruz's attack?
"Apparently" the same as when he was called to duty in Vietnam -
cut&run.

In stunning attack, Cruz accuses leader McConnell of lying
ERICA WERNER and LAURIE KELLMAN
Jul 24th 2015

<snip>

"Not only what he told every Republican senator, but what he told the press over and over and over again, was a simple lie," Cruz said.

At issue were assurances Cruz claimed McConnell, R-Ky., had given that there was no deal to allow a vote to renew the federal Export-Import Bank — a little-known federal agency that has become a rallying cry for conservatives. Cruz rose to deliver his remarks moments after McConnell had lined up a vote on the Export-Import Bank for coming days.

"It saddens me to say this. I sat in my office, I told my staff the majority leader looked me in the eye and looked 54 Republicans in the eye. I cannot believe he would tell a flat-out lie," Cruz said.

"We now know that when the majority leader looks us in the eyes and makes an explicit commitment that he is willing to say things that he knows are false."

The majority leader was not on the Senate floor when Cruz issued his attack, and ignored reporters who tried to ask him about it in the Capitol's hallways. A spokesman said McConnell would have no response.

<snip>

Has "trump" become a verb?

I wonder what is wrong with this bank?

I also wonder why someone that wants our infrastructure to fall apart is so popular. If you don't like paying taxes in order to drive on good roads and bridges well be ready for our country to look like Haiti. Cruz sucks.

they get more stupid everyday on this Trump thing.

now the left is all worried over a Republican.

just wow. but don't accuse them of being the dividers of our country. oh no

the news medias today. I think we'd get more honest and unbiased political news from National Enquire. that was from the AOL who happens to own Hufferpufferpost if I'm not mistaken

Matthew, it is another redistributing of wealth scheme, just like the IMF that we fund, and Brussels distributes.

We pay plenty in taxes to fix our roads and bridges. We paid enough into Social Security too. Our money and tax dollars are being repurposed to fund everything but America and Americans.

I should add to that that the states should be taking care of this issue. And one is. Ohio has been operating under a Republican Gov. who has paid our debt, reduced people's taxes and there is road construction everywhere. He replaced a Democratic Gov. that nearly destroyed us.

Last edited:
I wonder what is wrong with this bank?

I also wonder why someone that wants our infrastructure to fall apart is so popular. If you don't like paying taxes in order to drive on good roads and bridges well be ready for our country to look like Haiti. Cruz sucks.
I wonder why idiots like you continue posting despite being put in your place at the Thanksgiving kids table

Forum List

Back