Ted Cruz: 9/11 Made Me Start Listening To Country Music

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who announced Monday he's running for president in 2016, said he started listening to country music because of 9/11.

During an interview with CBS' "This Morning," Cruz revealed he didn't like the way rock bands reacted to the terrorist attack.

"Music is interesting. I grew up listening to classic rock, and I'll tell you sort of an odd story," Cruz said. "My music tastes changed on 9/11."

"On 9/11, I didn't like how rock music responded, and country music collectively, the way they responded, it resonated with me, and I have to say, it just is a gut-level -- I had an emotional reaction that says, 'these are my people,'" Cruz added.

Ted Cruz: 9/11 Made Me Start Listening To Country Music

"These are my people"? In other words - potential voters.

Did he say which country?

Man the fear for Cruz is out of control! Man I love it. One day after his announcement and we know more about Cruz in one day. Than we know about Obama after years. Lol Okay Lakota, we know that Cruz was smartest in his class at Harvard. Says one of his professors. How about Obama? Never heard anything about him.

Since Obama is already president - the best Cruz can be is as smart as Obama. We'll see...

Obambi has proven that one does not have to be "smart" to be elected.

How has Obama proven that?
So you haven't paid attention over the last 6 years.

Forum List

Back