Teacher writes "loser" on student's assignment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubyz6Cc923o]YouTube - You Crack Me Up - Huey Lewis And The News[/ame]

There is little humor in sexism, less so when it comes from one charged with educating our youth, as such inclinations inevitably find themselves at work in the classroom as well.

Hopefully you have not yet reduced yourself to doing so - but sadly such examples are legion.

So are you a K-8 or secondary endorsement?

Perhaps I have spoken at your school?

The number is up to nearly 400 these days, though nearly half of those are private schools...

Have you ever heard of something called freedom of speech?

You should look it up, it's a beautiful thing.
____

With freedom comes responsibility.

If you are in fact an educator - you know that - and better than most...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You are crying because I posted a pic of your hero Sarah on a your hero's Hack thread!

Get over it! This is a freaking message board, not World History 101.

You are cracking me up! :lol:

There is little humor in sexism, less so when it comes from one charged with educating our youth, as such inclinations inevitably find themselves at work in the classroom as well.

Hopefully you have not yet reduced yourself to doing so - but sadly such examples are legion.

The number is up to nearly 400 these days, though nearly half of those are private schools...

____

With freedom comes responsibility.

If you are in fact an educator - you know that - and better than most...

You are crying because I posted a pic of your hero Sarah on a your hero's Hack thread!

I teach in a Muslim/Gay/Leftist School where we make sure all students are indoctrinated in the proper ways to be a shill for message boards.

So I'm sure you've spoken there.

That was funny!

Much improved over the sexist material you were participating in recently.

Muslims are not too forgiving of homosexuals though - you should educate yourself on that subject a bit more as it diminishes the overall impact of you post.

And I am going to guestimate, based upon your writings, you teach 3rd or 4th grade - but have done so for five years or less...

____

I teach in a Muslim/Gay/Leftist School where we make sure all students are indoctrinated in the proper ways to be a shill for message boards.

That was funny!

Muslims are not too forgiving of homosexuals though - you should educate yourself on that subject a bit more as it diminishes the overall impact of you post.

And I am going to guestimate, based upon your writings, you teach 3rd or 4th grade - but have done so for five years or less...

____

No, I teach at a vocational school, we are learning right now that the wave of the future is paid posters of propaganda on message boards. It's the up and coming thing, right Sinatra? You've made a career of it, I'm still saying you get 5 cents a post, is that about right? Like these: http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...-and-poll-compilation-thread.html#post2097246

That was funny!

____

No, I teach at a vocational school, we are learning right now that the wave of the future is paid posters of propaganda on message boards. It's the up and coming thing, right Sinatra? You've made a career of it, I'm still saying you get 5 cents a post, is that about right? Like these:http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...-and-poll-compilation-thread.html#post2097246

All that CRAP for $326 bucks? :lol:

That was funny!

____

No, I teach at a vocational school, we are learning right now that the wave of the future is paid posters of propaganda on message boards. It's the up and coming thing, right Sinatra? You've made a career of it, I'm still saying you get 5 cents a post, is that about right? Like these:http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...-and-poll-compilation-thread.html#post2097246
___

A vocational school? Like Sno Isle, eh?

If true - that would make sense.

Increasingly tough to maintain funding for such programs - but they should actually be enhanced as essential compliments to the overall educational experience of students.

That was funny!

____

All that CRAP for $326 bucks? :lol:

Somebody got overcharged.

Last edited:
That was funny!

____

___

Increasingly tough to maintain funding for such programs - but they should actually be enhanced as essential compliments to the overall educational experience of students.

That is where you and I agree. :beer:

For far too long the K-12 public education system has advocated primarily for college bound tracking, where the vast majority of American students will not in fact go that route. That is where a vital and viable vocational program can help to train and prepare those other students for careers that often will prove financially superior to those found in more academic or white collar settings.

And yet, vocational programs are being reduced - becoming more and more dependent upon private funding to maintain their programs.

If we spent half of what we do on sports programs toward vocational programs, American students would be far better served...

(And I love sports and played college level basketball - but that experience only emphasized the disparity of funding for sports vs real world opportunities in our K-12 schools)

___

For far too long the K-12 public education system has advocated primarily for college bound tracking, where the vast majority of American students will not in fact go that route. That is where a vital and viable vocational program can help to train and prepare those other students for careers that often will prove financially superior to those found in more academic or white collar settings.

And yet, vocational programs are being reduced - becoming more and more dependent upon private funding to maintain their programs.

If we spent half of what we do on sports programs toward vocational programs, American students would be far better served...

(And I love sports and played college level basketball - but that experience only emphasized the disparity of funding for sports vs real world opportunities in our K-12 schools)

___

See, now why can't you post things like this on here more often?

I agree with everything you just said!

It Hell freezing over? :lol:

See, now why can't you post things like this on here more often?

I agree with everything you just said!

It Hell freezing over? :lol:
___

Actually I do - but too often people get caught up in the more narrow political views which devolve into the personal views/attacks.

I applaud your participation in vocational education. I testified a few years back before a State Senate Committee for increased funding for such. (They failed to agree with me...:eusa_eh:)

Keep fighting the good fight - sooner or later, our K-12 education systems might just get it.

By the way, of the many states I have visited to review public education systems over the years, there are some, such as Texas, that have fantastic vocational programs. Some of those kids come out of there making great money and set up for long term careers. Of course, the programs receive substantial private funding - perhaps that is the future of K-12 education as well? Kind of a public/private hybrid?

Very cool stuff...

Sorry, I refuse to get my panties in a bunch about this. It is PC gone wild. It is "protect their self esteem at all costs" and they grow up weak and unable to handle criticism. That is part of the problem today.

It's not "at all costs"....Shit happens and people react..nobody's panties are involved. :lol:

So what if the teacher wrote "lesbo" on the paper instead of "loser"...Different story?

That's something the kids call each other....I'm not seeing any kids 'fired' for that...are you?

Me thinkd ya gotta hire the kid before you can fire the kid, don't you ubers know anything?

PC gone wild. Don't hurt the little darlings' self esteem....wonder if the mother will sue.

It figures...you are all in favor of a girl who causes a confrontation with the school suing but heaven help her if the school has attacked her and they deserve to be sued.

LOL...you are comparing two entirely different things. But you knew that. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, in one case the girl brings it on herself and you sided with the girl, in the other the teacher is picking on her and you have sided with the teacher......what the heck is wrong with you?

so now its just "pc" that wish to protect a child...i will file that...

Protect a child from the word "loser"...really? C'mon folks...I'm not defending the teacher...but are we getting our panties in a bunch over this? Why is this even in the news? Do you know what kids call each other ALL THE TIME? Do we know what parents call their children ALL THE TIME?

But, some tasteless teacher write "loser" on a paper and the world is going to end....?:doubt:

Protect the child from his/her teacher calling him/her "loser". The teacher is an adult and should ACT like it. That you forget that is very very telling.

It figures...you are all in favor of a girl who causes a confrontation with the school suing but heaven help her if the school has attacked her and they deserve to be sued.

LOL...you are comparing two entirely different things. But you knew that. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, in one case the girl brings it on herself and you sided with the girl, in the other the teacher is picking on her and you have sided with the teacher......what the heck is wrong with you?

I'm sorry...you apparently don't know the difference between the two incidents. And here I thought I was talking to a rationalizing adult. My bad.

I'm sorry...you apparently don't know the difference between the two incidents. And here I thought I was talking to a rationalizing adult. My bad.

The sure sign of losing a debate, resorting to personal attacks...your bad.

Learn to read. I clearly stated that my post was a joke.

Learn not to joke how about that instead of being a rude jackass

Why? We're not allowed to joke on this board? Or is it just this thread? And who made you the arbiter of all that is holy? You don't like it? Ignore it.

Than don't insult me next time plan and simple. :eusa_hand: why should i have to ignore something i shouldn't have to deal with in first place?

Learn not to joke how about that instead of being a rude jackass

Why? We're not allowed to joke on this board? Or is it just this thread? And who made you the arbiter of all that is holy? You don't like it? Ignore it.

Than don't insult me next time plan and simple. :eusa_hand: why should i have to ignore something i shouldn't have to deal with in first place?

Welcome to the world of public message boards! you're going to find that there will be a lot of stuff around here that you "shouldn't have to deal with." If someone telling you to "learn to read" is going to insult your delicate sensibilities, you're going to be in for a world of hurt. Hell, you may as well abandon ship now.

And while we're at it, let me just point out that it was you who cast the first stone:

sickings these people the last two post agree with teacher. As a teacher your are suppose to reach out and teach them. if you can't reach a student than what your doing is not working try a different method.

At least I think that was an attempt at an insult. It's hard to tell. Even if it wasn't, in this post you clearly state that I agree with the teacher. Based on the post to which you refer, there is no way to discern whether I did or not. Especially when I clearly qualified my post by stating that it was a joke.

Forum List

Back