Teacher writes "loser" on student's assignment

The teacher should have to write on the blackboard 1000 times:

"I will call my students by their name and not the name I give them."

And then that should be the end of it.

Sorry, I refuse to get my panties in a bunch about this. It is PC gone wild. It is "protect their self esteem at all costs" and they grow up weak and unable to handle criticism. That is part of the problem today.

I'm with you on this one Bode. My daughter and I always joked with each other like this, he seems kind of cool.

I don't feel calling someone loser is painful to them, it depends on how they say it. He said he was joking. At any rate, he doesn't deserve to be fired, he'll probably stop doing it now.

What if he wrote lesbo instead of loser? Or fat cow? Or daft cow as the English say? Or stupid bitch?

Sarah G you loser. Lolol. I'm saying it lovingly. :lol:

Wow, you were called all that stuff? No wonder you're so bitter..

so now its just "pc" that wish to protect a child...i will file that...

Protect a child from the word "loser"...really? C'mon folks...I'm not defending the teacher...but are we getting our panties in a bunch over this? Why is this even in the news? Do you know what kids call each other ALL THE TIME? Do we know what parents call their children ALL THE TIME?

But, some tasteless teacher write "loser" on a paper and the world is going to end....?:doubt:

you don't know shit about what you spew. children look up to three main people in their early formative years, parent are two of em and teacher is the thrid,, kid don't need no damn teacher telling em he is a loser.

We were having a discussion the other day about cell phones in the classroom (again) and the possible consequences of teachers being taped. There are dynamic, entertaining teachers at my school who are not always PC. Taken out of context, their humor could be misunderstood. I anticipate in the near future, teachers will be asked to follow a script. No joking; no editorializing; no "teachable moments". Stick to the script and no one can twist what is being discussed. This kind of media hype over half a story seems to be making national news on a daily basis. It can have a definite chilling effect. Be careful what you wish for.

We were having a discussion the other day about cell phones in the classroom (again) and the possible consequences of teachers being taped. There are dynamic, entertaining teachers at my school who are not always PC. Taken out of context, their humor could be misunderstood. I anticipate in the near future, teachers will be asked to follow a script. No joking; no editorializing; no "teachable moments". Stick to the script and no one can twist what is being discussed. This kind of media hype over half a story seems to be making national news on a daily basis. It can have a definite chilling effect. Be careful what you wish for.

Ah...a level head.

Protect a child from the word "loser"...really? C'mon folks...I'm not defending the teacher...but are we getting our panties in a bunch over this? Why is this even in the news? Do you know what kids call each other ALL THE TIME? Do we know what parents call their children ALL THE TIME?

But, some tasteless teacher write "loser" on a paper and the world is going to end....?:doubt:

but Bo....i dont wear panties....:redface:

If the poor kid is attending a public school .she is a loser for that. parents should home school.

the point the mother tried to deal with the school, it didn't fix problem so she went to the news. and this a teacher and against the rules to being bully. did you here how schools wanted to stop bullying?

How can they stop when there the ones doing the bullying. this is a middle school six grader. this not in high school this middle school.

are you posting the way they talk in New Hampshire?....your posting with an accent....

Fire the teacher

But tell him you are only doing it as a "joke"

Can we fire parents for calling their kids names?

Can we lock up children for calling each other names?

PC gone wild.

How cynical can we become?

PC stands for politically correct.

Do you think a parent protecting their child is political???

thats not what she means.....do you know what Political Correctness is?.....

Sorry, I refuse to get my panties in a bunch about this. It is PC gone wild. It is "protect their self esteem at all costs" and they grow up weak and unable to handle criticism. That is part of the problem today.

jump on me if you want....but in a hell of a lot of instances,what Bo is saying ....is true....for Christ sakes some dipshit somewhere started having team sporting events were no score was kept.....because they did not want the losing team to feel like ....LOSERS.....what kind of BullShit is that?....

So, let me get this right. There are people on this site who support calling a child "loser"? Am I understanding this correctly?

I think you're overreacting, yes.

What other names do you find "amusing"? Just curious.

i find it amusing when your called an idiot....Sarah did not find the name amusing Dean....read the posts before you jump in....

jump on me if you want....but in a hell of a lot of instances,what Bo is saying ....is true....for Christ sakes some dipshit somewhere started having team sporting events were no score was kept.....because they did not want the losing team to feel like ....LOSERS.....what kind of BullShit is that?....

How about the schools that don't even give kids grades until they hit 6th grade? Plus or minus...WTF? Forget self-esteem, where's the incentive to do more than just slide by?

"Loser" was name calling, which is inappropriate and the teacher needs a reprimand. But some folks moaning about kids not being able to hack it in the real world are the same ones not giving them an opportunity to prepare for it.

I have a friend who learned that a parent, a mother, made a threat to "kill him" if he corrected her daughter again in class. The police turned up on her door step, and she got to 'splain her loose mouth to the judge: a peace bond was set for her good behavior.

Teachers must respect the decency and dignity of her student, no matter how much a meathead 'precious' is being. That's what assistant principals and deans are for: taking a monster of a teacher's hands and out of the class.

On the other hand, a teacher must never be threatened, either by students or parents.

Forum List

Back