Teacher writes "loser" on student's assignment

Very dumb teacher, joking or not, these are young kids you are dealing with

Can we fire parents for calling their kids names?

Can we lock up children for calling each other names?

PC gone wild.

How cynical can we become?

PC stands for politically correct.

Do you think a parent protecting their child is political???

thats not what she means.....do you know what Political Correctness is?.....

I know what it isn't.

Do you think a parent being concerned about the discretion of their child's teacher is just some "politically correct" trend ? I don't.

(March 14) -- The mother of a sixth-grader in Buncombe County, N.C., is upset about name-calling in her daughter's classroom -- but the students aren't the ones slinging the mud.

Patty Clement is debating other parents in Candler, N.C., over Rex Roland, a teacher who writes the word "loser" on the assignments of his 11- and 12-year-old students.

Clement first noticed Roland's notes in November, when he wrote "loser" in the margin of her daughter's paper. The principal at Enka Middle School assured Clement it would not happen again, but it did, recently, when Roland wrote, "minus 20% for being a loser" on her daughter's assignment.

Sorry, I refuse to get my panties in a bunch about this. It is PC gone wild. It is "protect their self esteem at all costs" and they grow up weak and unable to handle criticism. That is part of the problem today.

jump on me if you want....but in a hell of a lot of instances,what Bo is saying ....is true....for Christ sakes some dipshit somewhere started having team sporting events were no score was kept.....because they did not want the losing team to feel like ....LOSERS.....what kind of BullShit is that?....

There's an enormous difference between misguidedly trying to "protect" children from the "trauma" of competition, and authority figures in the child's life using insulting and belittling language to him.

Sorry, I refuse to get my panties in a bunch about this. It is PC gone wild. It is "protect their self esteem at all costs" and they grow up weak and unable to handle criticism. That is part of the problem today.

jump on me if you want....but in a hell of a lot of instances,what Bo is saying ....is true....for Christ sakes some dipshit somewhere started having team sporting events were no score was kept.....because they did not want the losing team to feel like ....LOSERS.....what kind of BullShit is that?....

There's an enormous difference between misguidedly trying to "protect" children from the "trauma" of competition, and authority figures in the child's life using insulting and belittling language to him.

Cecilie.....they were not trying to protect those kids from the trauma of competition....they were protecting them from the trauma of LOSING......just playing the game you feel the trauma of competition......when i went to school kids got paddled for things....in front of the class.....teachers did things to punish kids ...in front of the class.....none of those kids fell apart....and none of that shit ever made it to the national news.....do you think this was worthy of NATIONAL COVERAGE?....this should have never gone past the parents, teacher involved and the principal....instead i am hearing about this on the 5 oclock news....

Last edited:
protect the teacher at all costs, after all she/he is a union member, fuck the child. who gives a shit about the child? the child is a "loser".

I'm really worried about your mental health Willow.

why? I was responding to bodeccer.. what's yer problemo?

well

I'm not surprised

conservatives SUPPORT this!

I'm forced to admit....

conservatives are LOSERS.

can you imagine the outcry form these same cons if a LIBERAL teacher had called THEIR children "losers"?

PC gone wild. Don't hurt the little darlings' self esteem....wonder if the mother will sue.

It figures...you are all in favor of a girl who causes a confrontation with the school suing but heaven help her if the school has attacked her and they deserve to be sued.

The teacher apparently has a lot of personality and is known for being a little snarky And the kids seem to like him.
Ill bet there is a back story to this like the kid is known to do better and just punkd out.

regardless of the back story, you don't write "loser" on the kids papers. The teacher was wrong.

sickings these people the last two post agree with teacher. As a teacher your are suppose to reach out and teach them. if you can't reach a student than what your doing is not working try a different method.

Learn to read. I clearly stated that my post was a joke.

Learn not to joke how about that instead of being a rude jackass

I think he made his point.....

PC gone wild. Don't hurt the little darlings' self esteem....wonder if the mother will sue.

Political Correctness: deliberately avoiding offense: relating to or supporting the use of language or conduct that deliberately avoids giving offense.

Cruelty:deliberately cruel act: an act that deliberately causes pain and distress

Asshole: slang; a highly offensive term used to define those that deliberately insult somebody's value or importance.

Webster's Collegiate... 2010.

Given the choices; I gotta go with 'cruel asshole'...

There's nothing politically incorrect here... the indiviual is a teacher... a person on whom much responsibility is placed; and this jackass is clearly not up to the task.

If this were our school district, we'd either be hiring a new teacher or a new district administrator.

Last edited:

It figures...you are all in favor of a girl who causes a confrontation with the school suing but heaven help her if the school has attacked her and they deserve to be sued.

LOL...you are comparing two entirely different things. But you knew that. :lol::lol::lol:

Cecilie.....they were not trying to protect those kids from the trauma of competition....they were protecting them from the trauma of LOSING......just playing the game you feel the trauma of competition......when i went to school kids got paddled for things....in front of the class.....teachers did things to punish kids ...in front of the class.....none of those kids fell apart....and none of that shit ever made it to the national news.....do you think this was worthy of NATIONAL COVERAGE?....this should have never gone past the parents, teacher involved and the principal....instead i am hearing about this on the 5 oclock news....

Losing IS the trauma of competition, because the anxiety you feel while playing is the fear of possibly losing.

National news? No, but I DO think it was inappropriate and worthy of the teacher being made to apologize to the student and receive some training in appropriate teacher/student relations.

I'm really worried about your mental health Willow.

Labeling all teachers like that.

I'm a teacher, a liberal, and NOT a member of the teachers union,and I think this teacher should be punished.

See how that works? Quit jumping to conclusions all the time about what you "think" someone is or isn't, or what they are or aren't. It doesn't help your "cause" at all.
___

And you post fake pictures of near naked women on a public forum?

You are quite the local pillar eh?

Alas, such is the state of our public schools...

I'm a teacher, a liberal, and NOT a member of the teachers union,and I think this teacher should be punished.

See how that works? Quit jumping to conclusions all the time about what you "think" someone is or isn't, or what they are or aren't. It doesn't help your "cause" at all.
___

I didn't post your picture Sinatra!

You didn't like the pic of your girlfriend Sarah? So you come on another thread to talk about it? What a hack you are! You just hate that I call you out for what you really are, a paid shill.

I can do whatever I want to on here, it's a message board, not a school. And I'm sure you've called out Chanel for all the "non-teacher" things she's done on here too, right?

Let me see if I can find some more pics of Sarah for you, since you seem to like them so well.

___

Teachers aren't allowed to have a private life???

Her students aren't here... :doubt:

___

You didn't like the pic of your girlfriend Sarah? So you come on another thread to talk about it? What a hack you are! You just hate that I call you out for what you really are, a paid shill.

I can do whatever I want to on here, it's a message board, not a school. And I'm sure you've called out Chanel for all the "non-teacher" things she's done on here too, right?

Let me see if I can find some more pics of Sarah for you, since you seem to like them so well.
___

Reason and run - run and reason.

The nature of your participation has been pointed out to you.

And if in fact you are a true educator - one who leads by example and hopes your students emerge better than the distasteful environment that is modern society, you know you are wrong to post such things in a public forum.

And if you such an educator - I thank you for your service.

___

___

And if in fact you are a true educator - one who leads by example and hopes your students emerge better than the distasteful environment that is modern society, you know you are wrong to post such things in a public forum.

Have you ever heard of something called freedom of speech?

You should look it up, it's a beautiful thing.

___

you make it sound all sexy and stuff.

___

____

With freedom comes responsibility.

If you are in fact an educator - you know that - and better than most...

___

____

With freedom comes responsibility.

If you are in fact an educator - you know that - and better than most...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You are crying because I posted a pic of your hero Sarah on a Hack thread by US Army Retard!

Get over it! This is a freaking message board, not World History 101.

You are cracking me up! :lol:

Forum List

Back