Teach the controversy

So ludicrous claims with zero evidence shouldn't be taught in school alongside longstanding theories with overwhelming supporting evidence?

I agree with you. If a large segment of people are making insane claims, yet evidence is little or non-existent, it should be taught in schools. Maybe as part of a sociology class, or anthropology, or politics, or something. But wild theories that a significant group believes should be taught, just for awareness.

I mean, hell, we teach global warming, liberal competence and evolution, and every day that goes by shows more evidence debunking all of those.

So when the schools discuss the World Trade Center attack it should also be discussed that the planes never hit the buildings and that the Jews were in on the attack and thermal nuclear charges or some such nonsense was used to bring the buildings down?

How about we do this.We give the instructor an option to spend 2 seconds on it.At the end of the lesson on either subject we follow with the statement that there are a few crazy wacka doos out there that disagree with the rest of the sane world.Over and done.Waste no more then 2 seconds of our lives discussing this nonsense.

Why would we want to waste time teaching conspiracy theories in school? The country is falling further and further behind the rest of world in basic education. If Schools are to present the theory that there may have never been a Holocaust, then they just as well present the theory that men never landed on the moon, or Oswald didn't shoot Kennedy, or Obama was not born in the US, or the world is really flat.

I think we know that they can't really educate, hence rubbers on cucumbers, "My Two Dads" and whatnot. Anybody who puts their kids through PS is an idiot.

So ludicrous claims with zero evidence shouldn't be taught in school alongside longstanding theories with overwhelming supporting evidence?

You want private schools to end teaching about God? Cause to my knowledge public schools don't teach about Him.

So most of you didn't figure out this thread is about Creationism?

lol

You think this is about creationism? I thought it was about belittling people who disagree with the great and powerful JBeukema. Besides, I already dealt with that in my first post.

Forum List

Back