Teabaggers protesting recycling

Your title is misleading. Thier main gripe seems to be the switch to 1 pickup per week for all vs. their previous arrangement, where they could negotiate with various vendors for more detailed plans. They are also not happy with MANDATORY recycling, not recycling as a whole.

I live in NYC, so for at least residential garbage we have city workers for it, and for a large city it makes sense to reduce truck traffic. But for a smaller municipality maybe the open system works better.

I am more interested in the claims by the TP people that the bid system was rigged to favor larger outside companies. There is also thier concern about loss of local buisnesses.

It's clear to see the liberal idiots in this forum cannot read and it's also painfully obvious that they have never ran a business.

Your title is misleading. Thier main gripe seems to be the switch to 1 pickup per week for all vs. their previous arrangement, where they could negotiate with various vendors for more detailed plans. They are also not happy with MANDATORY recycling, not recycling as a whole.

I live in NYC, so for at least residential garbage we have city workers for it, and for a large city it makes sense to reduce truck traffic. But for a smaller municipality maybe the open system works better.

I am more interested in the claims by the TP people that the bid system was rigged to favor larger outside companies. There is also thier concern about loss of local buisnesses.

It's clear to see the liberal idiots in this forum cannot read and it's also painfully obvious that they have never ran a business.

Another wingnut who can claim that someone else is wrong, but can't back it up. Wingnuts think they'll cut spending by hiring more expensive waste haulers

I stationed in Germany and recycling is mandatory yet no ne is bitching and moaning about it I don't understand why it isn't mandatory in America.

Why do you hate the Constitution?

If I hated the Constitution I wouldn't e serving in a military that defends it you dumbass.

I think you're too fucking stupid to know what it is you defend.

Is mandatory recycling contained within the Constitution? No. That's why we don't have it. Idiot.

Hmm Where I live home pickup recycling is not even offered. And we can choose from any private garbage company we want to. Or choose none at all......
I wish one of those companies available to me offered home pickup for recyclables.

Do you like being able to choose which company you do business with?

Hmm Where I live home pickup recycling is not even offered. And we can choose from any private garbage company we want to. Or choose none at all......
I wish one of those companies available to me offered home pickup for recyclables.

I don't have a choice for which company will pick up my garbage, and I'm thrilled.

I don't have a choice for which company will pick up my garbage, and I'm thrilled.

I'm glad you're thrilled about your garbage pick up, but if you'll notice, I wasn't asking you.

I'm glad you're thrilled about your garbage pick up, but if you'll notice, I wasn't asking you.

Too bad. It's a public board.

on edit: I have to admit that I wouldnt mind being able to choose another police dept and military.

Last edited:
We used to have one garbage can and one truck that would pick it up. Now we have three cans and two trucks to pick it up.

Nice carbon foot print they got going there.

Many people in the city could care less if they recycle and only use their "black" garbage can. However, now the city will be handing out hefty tickets if you don't recycle AND if you don't get the right garbage in the right color can. The problem i have with this is that other people put their stuff in YOUR cans if they run out of room in their own cans. Will i get a ticket if they put their crap in my cans in the wrong places?

I dont mind recycling as i think its a better way to go. The one thing they DONT pick up and recycle is plastic bags and that drives me crazy.

If I hated the Constitution I wouldn't e serving in a military that defends it you dumbass.

Is mandatory recycling contained within the Constitution? No. That's why we don't have it. Idiot.

But it is in the bible to take good care of the earth.

Yes it is, and Recycling can be good. It can also be abused. There is nothing we do that can't be improved.

Another wingnut who can claim that someone else is wrong, but can't back it up. Wingnuts think they'll cut spending by hiring more expensive waste haulers

Stop projecting.

We have Garbage Police in NYC that go around checking garbage cans.

NYC Recycling laws.

NYCWasteLess: Laws and Directives

Did any of you catch the show Penn and Teller did on Recycling? Hilarious.

Yep, got a ticket 3 years ago, and I really couldn't tell what it was for. Still wasn't worth taking a day off from work to fight it.

The big issue is they can issue a summons and you don't have to be present to get it. I also live on a corner by a bus stop, so people drop crap in my cans all the damn time.

Stop projecting.

Reduced to childish insults ("I'm rubber, you're glue") in two posts...a new record!!!:clap2:

But it is in the bible to take good care of the earth.

I recycle. I have quite a few items of second hand furniture that I bought or saved from being thrown out.... I've done them up and use them. I'm a great believer and supporter of recycling.... It's the 'mandatory' thing I have an issue with. Why do we need to be mandated to do stuff? I am not a child. I can think for myself.

Fucking idiots are the ones who scream for government to fix it. I'm a conservative - I fix it myself, without being told to by anyone.

That is nothing new for the Laylow.

Forum List

Back