Teabaggers protesting recycling

It's from the Huffpufferton post folks, I haven't EVEN seen any news about this anywhere.

gawd, how stupid. now every protest I guess is going to by TEA PARTY ACTIVIST.:lol:

:eusa_whistle:

Thank you for proving that you are a complete and total partisan idiot that never researches anything before posting. Typ[ical hypocrisy from a progressive, and just what I would expect from you.

The fact is that the residents of Fountain Hills protested their city councils decision to eliminate competition, increase prices, and kill of private enterprise in favor of a monopoly, something progressives normally find despicable. Unless the monopoly is imposed on stupid voters by the government, then it makes sense.

To you anyway.

Progressives for State-Sanctioned Corporate Monopoly (BUMPED, with an Update) | The Agitator

Your title is misleading. Thier main gripe seems to be the switch to 1 pickup per week for all vs. their previous arrangement, where they could negotiate with various vendors for more detailed plans. They are also not happy with MANDATORY recycling, not recycling as a whole.

I live in NYC, so for at least residential garbage we have city workers for it, and for a large city it makes sense to reduce truck traffic. But for a smaller municipality maybe the open system works better.

I am more interested in the claims by the TP people that the bid system was rigged to favor larger outside companies. There is also thier concern about loss of local buisnesses.

I stationed in Germany and recycling is mandatory yet no ne is bitching and moaning about it I don't understand why it isn't mandatory in America.

It has nothing to do with recycling, but keep regurgitating your talking points if it makes you feel intelligent. Or does it just make you feel morally superior to lesser persons?

Your title is misleading. Thier main gripe seems to be the switch to 1 pickup per week for all vs. their previous arrangement, where they could negotiate with various vendors for more detailed plans. They are also not happy with MANDATORY recycling, not recycling as a whole.

I live in NYC, so for at least residential garbage we have city workers for it, and for a large city it makes sense to reduce truck traffic. But for a smaller municipality maybe the open system works better.

I am more interested in the claims by the TP people that the bid system was rigged to favor larger outside companies. There is also thier concern about loss of local buisnesses.

Hmm Where I live home pickup recycling is not even offered. And we can choose from any private garbage company we want to. Or choose none at all......
I wish one of those companies available to me offered home pickup for recyclables.

Why not go to your city council and ask them to sign a contract forcing all your neighbors to pay for a service only idiots thinks make a difference? That is the typical progressive response to having to go out of their way to recycle. My bet is I can find a recycling center within commuting disatnce of you without trying hard, but you obviously do not care enough about the issue to use it.

I think you're too fucking stupid to know what it is you defend.

Is mandatory recycling contained within the Constitution? No. That's why we don't have it. Idiot.

But it is in the bible to take good care of the earth.

I recycle. I have quite a few items of second hand furniture that I bought or saved from being thrown out.... I've done them up and use them. I'm a great believer and supporter of recycling.... It's the 'mandatory' thing I have an issue with. Why do we need to be mandated to do stuff? I am not a child. I can think for myself.

Fucking idiots are the ones who scream for government to fix it. I'm a conservative - I fix it myself, without being told to by anyone.

Most do not seem to be like you though and want/need to be led.
Why else would they be so blindly partisan and parrot pundits talking points?

Truely independent people are rare. Most are pack creatures who MUST belong to a group.

Second hand furnature is often far better quality than new stuff on the market now. I have several pieces that were given to me. I had them reupholstered and wound up with great furnature and gave the upholsterer donw the road some wokr.
I like to support my local community all I can.

Last edited:
But it is in the bible to take good care of the earth.

I recycle. I have quite a few items of second hand furniture that I bought or saved from being thrown out.... I've done them up and use them. I'm a great believer and supporter of recycling.... It's the 'mandatory' thing I have an issue with. Why do we need to be mandated to do stuff? I am not a child. I can think for myself.

Fucking idiots are the ones who scream for government to fix it. I'm a conservative - I fix it myself, without being told to by anyone.

Most do not seem to be like you though and want/need to be led.
Why else would they be so blindly partisan and parrot pundits talking points?

Truely independent people are rare. Most are pack creatures who MUST belong to a group.

That's about conditioning. Give it some thought. ;) It's learned behavior.

Oh my! I read that the new system would save 1 million dollars and still the baggers were against it.

They remind me of zombies.

Save who 1 million dollars? The local companies that are going out of business? The business owners who will have to invest man hours in complying with the new regulations? The city that will now have to pay a company to collect garbage that was not part of is expenses before?

Just who is saving money?

Oh my! I read that the new system would save 1 million dollars and still the baggers were against it.

Save who 1 million dollars? The local companies that are going out of business? The business owners who will have to invest man hours in complying with the new regulations? The city that will now have to pay a company to collect garbage that was not part of is expenses before?

The taxpayers.

The people who live there, Einstein!!

The taxpayers.

Could you explain how the "taxpayers" are saving money when their taxes and fees go up as a result of this contract?

My guess is that you can't.

Really?

Someone was paying enough money on their trash that they are going to save $1,000,000.00? Who is going to end up paying for that million in savings?

The taxpayers.

Could you explain how the "taxpayers" are saving money when their taxes and fees go up as a result of this contract?

The other contractors were going to charge more.

Really?

Someone was paying enough money on their trash that they are going to save $1,000,000.00? Who is going to end up paying for that million in savings?

Yes, really.

Yes, that "someone" was the entire community. And only a wingnut thinks that people have to pay to save :lol:

Actually, as a small, but significant point, can I just say how impressively dumb it is to say that TEA partiers remind you of zombies when you base that opinion on some drivel you 'read'. You need to do more than 'read', Ravi, you need to 'think' about what you read.

Actually, as a small, but significant point, can I just say how impressively dumb it is to say that TEA partiers remind you of zombies when you base that opinion on some drivel you 'read'. You need to do more than 'read', Ravi, you need to 'think' about what you read.
I'm basing it on the episode of the Walking Dead that I watched. They just keep on coming! Slowly, slowly, slowly but they always come back. And they are bad for the country.

Zombies.

The taxpayers.

I'm not sure where you found that tidbit. However, when there is one choice instead of 5, prices are not going down in the long run. In urban areas, recycling shouldn't be difficult, yet it took Chicago nearly 6 years to get to where the suburbs were and they had successful recycling for 5 years before Chicago began.

The blue bag recycling program ismisguided - The Chicago Maroon

Why? Graft. No surprise, Chicago.

In the burbs today, each home/building gets large recycling can, it is dumped, 'free.' Every garbage container needs a $2.90 sticker to have contents hauled away. People recycle. ;)

I'm not sure where you found that tidbit. However, when there is one choice instead of 5, prices are not going down in the long run. In urban areas, recycling shouldn't be difficult, yet it took Chicago nearly 6 years to get to where the suburbs were and they had successful recycling for 5 years before Chicago began.

In the burbs today, each home/building gets large recycling can, it is dumped, 'free.' Every garbage container needs a $2.90 sticker to have contents hauled away. People recycle. ;)

I got that "tidbit", otherwise known as a "fact", from reading the article

I got that "tidbit", otherwise known as a "fact", from reading the article

Other than the Revelation that the article Link supports the claim, what is your point?

Forum List

Back