Tea Party

The Full Faith and Credit of the US government is part of the Constitution. That is FACT, not opinion.

I agree and the Credit was never in jeopardy.
Even Dem's have not passed funding in parts of bills in the past.
Power of the Purse | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

Actually it was and denying that the Tea Party put it in jeopardy doesn't alter the reality of what happened.

Not raising our debt ceiling does not mean that our credit was in jeopardy.
Every time we have a government shut down the other side of each party uses that so that they can get the people on board with their issue that lead to the shut down. It's a common scare tactic that been used every single time our government has been shut down with the threat of not raising the debt ceiling.

We have enough monthly revenue (taxes) that come in to pay for our monthly credit card owed to our foreign creditors. This is the important one to always pay each month. This is the one that would violate our Constitution on the Full Faith and Credit. We must always pay on our monthly credit card, so to speak.

Then there is enough left to pick and choose which other government programs will be paid.
The Federal Reserve Bank automatically pays for the bigger ones, like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and defense expenses. Until both sides come to some kind of agreement.

The Democrats and Republicans have used this scare tactic whenever the debt ceiling has come up.

Example-
In the end, the president accepted the debt ceiling deal forced on him by the Congress (which was Democratic), bitterly swallowing the policy changes packaged with it. "To play around with the debt limit this way means really that you're playing with dynamite," his treasury secretary said on a "Today" show appearance, adding, "There is a gun at [the president's] head, if you will." The president himself complained "the choice is for the United States to default on its debts for the first time … or to accept a bill that has been cluttered up. This is just another example of Congress trying to force my hand."

The president was Ronald Reagan; the treasury secretary was James Baker, and the year was 1987.

This has to be resolved and our Government must cut back on it's size.
This means getting rid of some Departments and Government employees and the Dem's refuse to deal with this problem and have fought it for the last 40 years.
The Democrats have refused to do this off and on ever since the 1970's.

This last one President Obama used the default on government bondholders as the scare tactic.

President Obama acknowledged Tuesday that the White House and Treasury Department are planning for "all contingencies" if Congress doesn't raise the debt ceiling in time.

But the contingencies won't be silver bullets.

Are you better off?
"No option is good in that scenario," Obama said at a news conference. "There's no magic wand that allows us to wish away the chaos that could result if, for the first time in our history, we don't pay our bills on time." The expectation is that Treasury will do what it can to prioritize payments to bondholders to calm markets. But there's no guarantee markets will be sanguine if investors keep getting paid but many segments in the U.S. economy are put on hold.

And Obama again dismissed the oft-made suggestion that he could invoke the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which says: "The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law ... shall not be questioned."

In that scenario, he would direct Treasury Secretary Jack Lew to keep borrowing to pay the country's obligations even if Congress doesn't authorize an increase in the legal borrowing limit.

What happens when Government bondholders do not get paid?
What happens if a state or local government defaults on a bond? If the experiences of Jefferson County, Alabama are any indication, not a lot. Jefferson County defaulted on $3.2 billion in sewer bonds in 2008. Nothing happened. There was talk of possible bankruptcy, but it really never got past the initial-discussion stage. It wasn’t until this year, over two years after the initial default, that a US District Court appointed a receiver to manage the sewer system for its many constituents (sewer system clients, bondholders, et al).

So far as the bondholders are concerned, the receiver has very little ability to improve their recovery prospects. He can’t raise rates too much–Jefferson County’s residents already pay some of the highest rates in the country. He could, but said he won’t, impose non-user fees on the poor saps in the county that are not connected to the sewer, but still will undoubtedly be forced in some way to pay for its mismanagement.

So, what to do? Effectively nothing. Just wallow along in the muck (pun sort of intended) until the bondholders get paid what can be paid. Some efficiencies in operation ought be available, considering the sewer system is no longer used to fund the lavish lifestyles of the County Commission and its multitude of indicted and convicted Commissioners and contractors. But other than that, it’s a haircut.

This is what the Dem's are protecting, their Government bondholders and workers not us the people.

The Tea Party was trying to force our Government to cut back on spending that the Dems have been fighting.
It must be dealt with and to continue to raise the debt ceiling and not doing any real cuts, is what will really do harm to this country if our government spending is not brought under control.

When the Tea Party was elected in 2010 they have been trying to get our debt under control and have been vilified and lied about ever since they were elected.
The Tea Party is for the people and our Government, not like the career politicians in both parties who are for the government by the government wanting to protect the status quo of government workers, government bondholders and government departments.

Last edited:
So goes this thread, which was disingenuous from the beginning.

What is disingenuous? I am asking for someone to define the Tea Party and note its differences from the GOP. No one has really answered my question.

I personally see it as a power move in the GOP and all of the Tea Party actions are driven by that battle and not in the interest of the American people. I think the Tea Party approach is childish. I think they infuse race into every issue and try to cater to the lowest of low for support. I think it is Tea Party supporters who rushed to join a militia and threaten an armed insurrection in support of a man who doesn't want to pay his lawful bills like every other American.

The Tea Party actions have been disruption/ obstruction, threats of a revolution and race war, and angry, vitriolic rhetoric...not for the good of our nation, but for the good of the Tea Party movement.

There is no evidence of a Tea Party obsessed with a race issue. Not when Herman Caine and Ben Carson are Tea Party rock stars and Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams are their conscience. The Tea Party is just a Repub Caucus -- much like the Democrat Progressive Causcus --- but with newer blood and faces and not hiding in the shadows like this group of cowards.

Congressional Progressive Caucus : Caucus Members

They exist SOLELY because GW Bush forgot his Conservative principles during the financial crisis and the party put up dangerous statists like John McCain who had no issues with larger more powerful Federal Govt.

If you want the smaller, more efficient, more focused Tea Party Federal Govt without the hidden Social agenda -- there's a party for that called the Libertarians. Problem is, NO ONE can overcome the hurdles and obstacles of getting a 3rd party on the ballots and into the debates in this country. We spend all our time and cash and lawyers just getting on 48 or 50 state ballots for a Federal election, and then we are DENIED an entrance to any debate.

There is no solution to MOST Federal problems coming from the Mainstream parties. Not even on stuff we all agree on. Like Corporate Welfare which is all MONUMENTAL waste and corruption.. Or the reform of the bureaucracies that are all back-firing on our personal liberties and economic stability. The Tea Party candidates are the only ones getting elected who even have those UNIVERSAL issues on their radars.

If you remember -- things got a might testy between the Mainstream "clinton dems" and the Progressives in that last election. And if the Prog had been a white person --- it would have gotten much bloodier. In fact -- I highly suspect that you will see more drama come out of the Dem primaries than this TP split within the Repubs. The Progs are NOT gonna relinquish the reins easily to the "old" Dem establishment..

Yeah --- Definitely Racist..

allen-west-herman-cain-for-2016.jpg

RAND PAUL, BEN CARSON, ALLEN WEST, HERMAN CAIN, TED CRUZ IN 2016~~TEA PARTY PATRIOTS | Texas Tea Party Patriots

Herman+Cain+Herman+Cain+Speaks+Tea+Party+Patriots+xKeeJovTvRUl.jpg

[QUOTE=

James Madison wrote in The Federalist Papers that Congress, specifically the House of Representatives, has the sole authority to fund, or defund, all spending measures. And in that regard, Congress has the responsibility, and indeed the expectation, to control “unwise” legislation, by their unique power to control all spending. Representatives are elected every two years and are therefore directly responsible to the people. If Congress initiates bad legislation, or if they fail to defund “unwise” laws, the people will advise them of the level of dissatisfaction with their job performance at the ballot box.

I'm not trying to horn in on your discussion, but you do know that The Federalist Papers aren't the same as the Constitution, don't you? The Constitution is the document that all our laws are derived from, and the Federalist papers are interesting and informative, but little more than a few of the thousands of opinion pieces written over the years discussing our Constitution. But you already knew that.......right?

Last edited:
James Madison wrote in The Federalist Papers that Congress said:
Yes and that is why I also included the Constitution along with Madison's statement.
He was explaining why they put Article I: Sec. 7 in the Constitution.
Who would know better what the Constitution is, than those that wrote it?
Our Supreme Court bases their rulings on the Federalist Papers.
http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.23...0&uid=3&uid=3739256&uid=60&sid=21103888614071

In deciding these cases which I have found closer than anticipated is in the Federalist that finally determines my position.
Justice David Souter in his decision in Printz v. United States 1997.

The Federalist Papers written in support of the Constitution

The Anti Federalists paper written in opposition to the ratification of the 1787 United States Constitution.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back