Taxes, solutions, orthodoxy and compromise

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
It appears some members of the Republican caucus on Capital Hill have begun to realize enhanced revenue (raising taxes) can no longer be off the table if we are to solve our economic woes.

IMO the cost to repair, replace, renew, restore and renovate will be greater now then had we followed common sense policies and not allowed our bridges and roads, electric grid, light and heavy rail systems, etc. to crumble and or become obsolete.

Of course in the link below common sense is not in play, members of congress first concern, as always, is there job security.

http://news.yahoo.com/debt-elections-prod-gop-ease-anti-tax-stance-212357311.html

Last edited:
  • Banned
Bump, in my on going efforts to stimulate the latent curiosity of the willfully ignorant. Maybe raising taxes is the medicine necessary to correct our economic malaise?

Such a concept would create a pandemic of cognizance dissonance in the conservative world. 'Bout time!

Bump, in my on going efforts to stimulate the latent curiosity of the willfully ignorant. Maybe raising taxes is the medicine necessary to correct our economic malaise?

Such a concept would create a pandemic of cognizance dissonance in the conservative world. 'Bout time!

No, raising taxes will not correct our economic malaise. However, reforming the tax code would, if you could lower the tax rates and in exchange reduce the tax deductions to a percentage of your AGI. The dems however, insist on raising the tax rates by letting the Bush tax cuts expire for the 250k+ crowd. I believe former Pres Clinton himself said that raising taxes was a bad idea, but they want to do it anyway. Obama said it too back in 2009.

• Banned

No, raising taxes will not correct our economic malaise. However, reforming the tax code would, if you could lower the tax rates and in exchange reduce the tax deductions to a percentage of your AGI. The dems however, insist on raising the tax rates by letting the Bush tax cuts expire for the 250k+ crowd. I believe former Pres Clinton himself said that raising taxes was a bad idea, but they want to do it anyway. Obama said it too back in 2009.

It makes no sense to me to pay enormous interest on our debt. Why not add a tax of 5 or 10 percent to everyones tax due April 15, 2012 and dedicate all of it to debt relief?

Forum List

Back