Heinz Ketchup To Close 3 More Factories

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Sep 15, 2008
This is really lousy news to get right before Christmas. King of Prussia is just down the road from here:
Heinz to close 3 more factories, cut 1,000 jobs - Pittsburgh Business Times
said Friday that it would shutter three more factories and cut 1,000 jobs as it continues to cut costs worldwide. The cuts are in addition to apreviously announced plan to close five factories, including one in King of Prussia PA., and eliminate between 800 and 1,000 positions. H.J. Heinz Co. made the announcement in the release of its second-quarter earnings, which saw net income drop 7 percent on higher costs.

I guess this means we can look forward to Chinese-made Heinz ketchup and whatever unknown shit they'll put in it.

3279236161_c0e90e2e6d_o.gif

Saw this the other day too.

Lowe's home improvement stores are closing many locations across the country. These closures will leave approximately 1,950 employees unemployed. Twenty stores are scheduled to close and ten already shut their doors on October 17, 2011.

Lowe's layoffs: 1,950 people to lose jobs at Lowe's - Providence Headlines | Examiner.com

Totally sucks.

We had a brand new Lowes open up in our town within the past year. There is one a town over that is due to close. It'll be interesting to see if folks will drive to ours to do their shopping or if they'll just go back to The Home Depot. Currently the new Lowes isn't doing much business anyway.

I'm sorry for anyone who is getting laid off just before the holidays. The folks at Heinz and at Lowes. I've been buying Heinz ketchup for years and hope to continue to seeing it's the best ... IMHO.

Looks like our condiment sizes are going to get smaller too and in the end we will be paying more per ounce. Just as other food items are getting smaller.

Heinz said it would launch products in the United States and Europe that would be focused at price-conscious consumers and at a cost of between 99 cents and $1.99. That includes Heinz Ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, beans, Ore-Ida French fries and Heinz 57.

This is because John Kerry's company Heinz bought FoodStar & moved manufacturing to China.

Good...Red Gold is a better company.
What do you base that on?

Henry Heinz had a reputation for fairness and generosity and his employees liked him. He was an exceptionally decent rich man. So it's too bad that his company's market share is falling. I wonder if it's because of the economy or foreign competition (Heinz is a worldwide corporation).

This is really lousy news to get right before Christmas. King of Prussia is just down the road from here:
Heinz to close 3 more factories, cut 1,000 jobs - Pittsburgh Business Times
said Friday that it would shutter three more factories and cut 1,000 jobs as it continues to cut costs worldwide. The cuts are in addition to apreviously announced plan to close five factories, including one in King of Prussia PA., and eliminate between 800 and 1,000 positions. H.J. Heinz Co. made the announcement in the release of its second-quarter earnings, which saw net income drop 7 percent on higher costs.

??

King of Prussia isn't anywhere near Pittsburgh or your location (15 miles North of Gettysburg).

I guess this means we can look forward to Chinese-made Heinz ketchup and whatever unknown shit they'll put in it.

No way...

Kerry's wife would never do that to American workers...

maybe John can have a talk with her,and as a sign of sympathy and to stand with the OWS folks and the laid off workers, he could just renounce the fortune and live on his salary?

Forum List

Back