Votes: 0 0.0%
  • filed an extension, worry about it later

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bosun

Jan 22, 2011
Underground Bunker Mojave Desert
April 18th is fast approaching. Wondering just how many procrastinators are here. I have filed extensions in the past when I had my own business, usually run it out to the last day... However, this year, it is now done.... Y'all can post whatever you want regarding taxes, the experience or what ever trips your trigger.....

taxes(11).jpg

Last edited:
i am leaving on a work assignment and had to speed through turbotax. efiled and should be getting a pittance in about 8 days.. the eagle did not shit and uncle sam had his hands in my pocket...
Tax_man.jpg

Last edited:
We generally have to pay because our small business pays quarterly estimates for the next year. I'm usually in no rush but it is getting close. I gave our stuff to the acct in Feb and he emailed me a few questions last month but I haven't heard from him in weeks. That's a bit unnerving.

April 18th is fast approaching. Wondering just how many procrastinators are here. I have filed extensions in the past when I had my own business, usually run it out to the last day... However, this year, it is now done.... Y'all can post whatever you want regarding taxes, the experience or what ever trips your trigger.....

taxes(11).jpg

:lol:

I did my own taxes months ago and mailed them in after. Pen and paper FTW!

Took mine down to H&R Block again this year. Out of there in 30 minutes. They take care of it if there's an audit (which I highly doubt).

Accountant.
Living out of the empire you can earn up to 80 grand without paying.
I owe the slaughter machine and it's owner, IsNtReal, 36 grand for last years adventures.
2 + 1/2 more years and I'm all done with it.......FOREVER.
Ya see, even tho I renounced my shitizenshit, being born in murkastan requires you to report for 10 years or they come hunting.It's a FreeDumb thang.
I suppose I could go to the deepest part of the jungle to hide ,but they'd find me in a few months ( I don't work for the CIA like Osama bin Laden)

Accountant -> eFile -> refund electronically transfered and safe and sound in the bank before those assholes in Washington decide to shut down the government and screw me out of even more of my money.

We generally have to pay because our small business pays quarterly estimates for the next year. I'm usually in no rush but it is getting close. I gave our stuff to the acct in Feb and he emailed me a few questions last month but I haven't heard from him in weeks. That's a bit unnerving.

i hear that, when i owned my own business, i had an accountant, filed extensions, and was not in a rush... thanks for responding... from what i understand the tax day is april 18th, but, don't quote me..

taxes(11).jpg

:lol:

I did my own taxes months ago and mailed them in after. Pen and paper FTW!
good job! i cannot add 1 and 1 to get 2 and need to have a tax program to put the figures into.. i was really pleased to get it in a little early, as, i am usually a procrastinator.... i know a few folks that get it in on February and some that target january... good to see some squared away folks like yourself..

Granny says she wishes she had a million dollars tax free...
:confused:
Millionaires who owe no federal income tax
May 9, 2011 -- When it comes to taxes, do the rich pay their fair share?
The answer, of course, is subjective since "fair" is not an absolute concept and tax data, depending how it's sliced, can tell different stories. Those who say the rich pay their fair share point to the fact that the top 1% of taxpayers end up paying almost as much in federal income tax (and some years even more) as the bottom 95% combined.

Still, it's unlikely that even the most anti-tax, pro-wealth advocates would find this particularly fair: A very small number of millionaires end up owing no federal income tax at all. They're in good company, of course. Nearly half of all U.S. households, or 69 million, are estimated to have owed no federal income taxes for 2010. The vast majority of them, however, are low income. But 18,000 were households taking in more than $500,000 -- and of those, 4,000 made more than $1 million. How can it be that those with big income streams owed zip to Uncle Sam?

chart-fed-tax.top.jpg

Janice Johnson and Jay Safier, members of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, and Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the Tax Policy Center, explained the likely reasons. Such tax filers probably have big portfolios and big investment losses from the 2008 financial crisis. They are also more likely to be retired or self-employed, and may be charitably inclined.

What's common to all is that they likely qualify for the many tax breaks in the code that disproportionately benefit high-income households. "A lot of these are people who probably made it very big on Wall Street years ago and who turned around and put it all in tax-exempt bonds," Johnson said.

MORE

Forum List

Back