Tax the rich!!!!!!!!

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
For those on the left, and those in the middle and those really confused on the right, why do you want to see taxes increased, especially on the rich?

1. I am concerned with the rising debt.

2. I am concerned that entitlements may have to be cut.

3. I hate rich people.

4. I don't think we are paying our fair share.

Any others?

Mostly I think we need to send them a message that America no longer buys the description "job creator" when referring to them and would like them to pay back some of the tax breaks we gave them to create some jobs, the ones they created in China don't count.

Mostly I think we need to send them a message that America no longer buys the description "job creator" when referring to them and would like them to pay back some of the tax breaks we gave them to create some jobs, the ones they created in China don't count.

You want to send them a message that America no longer thinks of them as a "job creator"?

First of all, who are the "rich"? Secondly, if it is not the "rich" then who creates jobs?

And lastly, assuming the "rich" do not create jobs, are taxes merely a means of punishment for them or are you really concerned with the rising debt?

I assum you don't want "average folk" to pay more in taxes, or do you?

You want to send them a message that America no longer thinks of them as a "job creator"?

First of all, who are the "rich"? Secondly, if it is not the "rich" then who creates jobs?

And lastly, assuming the "rich" do not create jobs, are taxes merely a means of punishment for them or are you really concerned with the rising debt?

You assume a lot.

They have been telling us for thirty years to expect less and less for our labors, less medical coverage, less pensions, less hope for our children while we pay more and more for their energy, their food, their medicine, never mind the luxuries on life. The super rich have manipulated the government and the economy to serve their interests at our expense and like gangsters taxation is the sole leverage we have in this situation, it's time to use it like it was meant to. If the mere run of the mill wealthy have to pay for the abuses of the billionaires, well I really can't work up a lot sympathy for them when wages have been flat for thirty years and our industrial base was sold to China for short term gain.

I don't want to see the rich taxed specifically. I want this country to return to a sane tax plan before the neo-cons gangraped us and before they retardedly started two wars while forcing future generations to pay for it. If we get our financial house in order by creating a better tax structure the strength of the dollar will rocket and our economy will roar. This is all pretty simple stuff.

You assume a lot.

They have been telling us for thirty years to expect less and less for our labors, less medical coverage, less pensions, less hope for our children while we pay more and more for their energy, their food, their medicine, never mind the luxuries on life. The super rich have manipulated the government and the economy to serve their interests at our expense and like gangsters taxation is the sole leverage we have in this situation, it's time to use it like it was meant to. If the mere run of the mill wealthy have to pay for the abuses of the billionaires, well I really can't work up a lot sympathy for them when wages have been flat for thirty years and our industrial base was sold to China for short term gain.

You still are not answering my questions.

1. Who are the "rich"?

2. If the "rich" don't create jobs, then who does?

3. I think you have answered why you want taxes to increase for the "rich", it is punishment for their "abuses", or are you really concerned with paying down debt?

I don't want to see the rich taxed specifically. I want this country to return to a sane tax plan before the neo-cons gangraped us and before they retardedly started two wars while forcing future generations to pay for it. If we get our financial house in order by creating a better tax structure the strength of the dollar will rocket and our economy will roar. This is all pretty simple stuff.

Take a look at this article.

Cox and Archer: Why $16 Trillion Only Hints at the True U.S. Debt - WSJ.com

In this Wall Street Journal article, it states that the government does not put all its debt on the books. In short, the total unfunded national debt is more like $86 trillion. Last year $7 trillion was run up just by Social Security and Medicare alone. If you took the combined wealth of all the rich folk in the US I dare say it would not come close to that number.

I don't take issue with the wars abroad, nor a sane tax code, but you can't ignore the 700 pound gorilla in the room either even though both parties in Washington do. It is akin to how Wall Street cooks the books.

As for the wars abroad, I say it is a direct result of the beast that the federal government has become. In short, they have become so large and powerful and meddlesome that they don't stop with the citizenery, it will naturally progress internationally as well. Therefore, to simply lay this at the feet of the GOP is a mistake, especially after Mr. Nobel Prize started a war all by his lonesome and escalated another.

So what will you have left after the rich are gone. Who will you vilify, the elderly, disabled? Who will you blame for your stupidity, lack of talent, work effort? Balls, your nuts or very young and naive, no memories of the late 60's, 70's? How about 18% prime rate, 70% combined income tax rate, no housing market, gas lines, should I go on? How about run away inflation? How about wage, price, freeze? Let me close with a simple question, who controlled congress?

You assume a lot.

1. Who are the "rich"?

3. I think you have answered why you want taxes to increase for the "rich", it is punishment for their "abuses", or are you really concerned with paying down debt?

The rich aren't necessarily job creators, and job creators aren't necessarily rich.

So what will you have left after the rich are gone. Who will you vilify, the elderly, disabled? Who will you blame for your stupidity, lack of talent, work effort? Balls, your nuts or very young and naive, no memories of the late 60's, 70's? How about 18% prime rate, 70% combined income tax rate, no housing market, gas lines, should I go on? How about run away inflation? How about wage, price, freeze? Let me close with a simple question, who controlled congress?

I feel like you have a point but I'm struggling to find it in your rhetoric.

You assume a lot.

1. Who are the "rich"?

Apparently O has classified you as rich if you make more than 200K a year. In the end though, it's all about the left's self gratification of making someone else pay.

Take a look at this article.

Cox and Archer: Why $16 Trillion Only Hints at the True U.S. Debt - WSJ.com

In this Wall Street Journal article, it states that the government does not put all its debt on the books. In short, the total unfunded national debt is more like $86 trillion. Last year $7 trillion was run up just by Social Security and Medicare alone. If you took the combined wealth of all the rich folk in the US I dare say it would not come close to that number.

I don't take issue with the wars abroad, nor a sane tax code, but you can't ignore the 700 pound gorilla in the room either even though both parties in Washington do. It is akin to how Wall Street cooks the books.

As for the wars abroad, I say it is a direct result of the beast that the federal government has become. In short, they have become so large and powerful and meddlesome that they don't stop with the citizenery, it will naturally progress internationally as well. Therefore, to simply lay this at the feet of the GOP is a mistake, especially after Mr. Nobel Prize started a war all by his lonesome and escalated another.

I agree with what you're saying and honestly both parties can get fucked and die for all I care. When I voted Obama the first time it's because I thought he had a pair and we'd return to a Clinton economy. I have been strongly dissatisfied with how ball-less the Democrats have been in regards to fixing our economy. However, I think we both agree that fixing the tax structure and scaling back the federal government is the first step towards fixing things.

Last edited:
For those on the left, and those in the middle and those really confused on the right, why do you want to see taxes increased, especially on the rich?

3. I hate rich people.

Any others?

Fiscal responsibility.

The rich aren't necessarily job creators, and job creators aren't necessarily rich.

Should we punish those who could create jobs but who are not with taxes? Is that what you are saying?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently O has classified you as rich if you make more than 200K a year. In the end though, it's all about the left's self gratification of making someone else pay.

The number used to be $250,000 and is falling by the day.

Again, I ask Obama supporters, who are the "rich"? I've yet to get an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

3. I hate rich people.

Any others?

Fiscal responsibility.

As I've already said, last year the unfunded debt for both social security and Medicare exceed $7 trillion and is more wealth than all of the 1% of the wealthy in the US.

Would you then propose scaling back the entitlements and increase taxes on the rich to balance the books year by year?

Also, the middle class and small business creates more jobs than the rich.

To be precise, small business hires up to 2/3 of the work force every year.

So again, we keep flinging the "rich" term around without assigning it value. I can promise you that many think that someone starting a small business is "rich".

Forum List

Back