Tax cuts for the rich a mistake

"Borrowing to finance tax cuts for the top 2% would be a $700 billion fiscal mistake

Yes it would be.so the simple solution,and the root of this problem anyway

CUT SPENDING!!

Its a hoot how people purposely leave out information,just to get the lemmings to jump.

The TV adds back in 03 where hysterically sad,Look this guys will get a big screen TV,but this guy,who most likely made money of the tax code will just get a muffler.

They got cha right were they want cha

Only 1% of the entire working population make over 300K -- and only 5% of the entire working population make 250K to 300K.

So I really don't know where you're getting all this money from? Out of the 250K you can be certain that most are small business owners that are the largest employer in this country.

And someone who is filthy rich--is always capable of spending their money in foreign countries, of course (after they move out of the United States)--:lol:

The rich aren't going anywhere.

Another bullshit argument from the right.
Ask Maryland what happened to all their Millionaires just before the Millionaire Tax went into effect.

Care to try again?

And New jersey... and New York.

These leftists are clueless.... it's always "gimmee, gimmee, gimmee". Always with the class warfare claptrap.

"Borrowing to finance tax cuts for the top 2% would be a $700 billion fiscal mistake

CUT SPENDING!!

Its a hoot how people purposely leave out information,just to get the lemmings to jump.

The TV adds back in 03 where hysterically sad,Look this guys will get a big screen TV,but this guy,who most likely made money of the tax code will just get a muffler.

Raise taxes on the rich and cut spending.

Let's start with the defense department.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking comedian eh?

Sure, only in your world is not raising taxes a tax cut. Taxing the shit outta 2% of the population will go along way towards reducing the debt. Nevermind the 120,000,000 paying $0 income taxes and that spending is approaching 30% of GDP.

More leftwing, classwarfare claptrap.

"The richest one percent of families will get an average tax cut of $92,000 in 2010."​

:eek:

Since your concerned about the size of their tax cut you should also look at the amount of taxes they actually paid.

If someone is getting a $92,000 break from bush's tax cut that means they made ~$4,600,000 for the year. In this instance that individual still paid $1,260,000 in taxes after getting the $92,000 "tax break"

You can't just throw out that 92,000 without providing this context as MANY MANY people dont understand the entire picture.

That's a good point. I'm not sure how this is suppose to justify a person making (after taxes) 3,400,000 a year keep the cuts.

Ummmm...Maybe because it's their money?

Well, we do have a deficit that use some plugging. It sure seems like they can live more comfortably off three million dollars...

Otherwise, why bother taxing anyone at all?

CUT SPENDING!!

Raise taxes on the rich and cut spending.

Let's start with the defense department.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking comedian eh?
Sure, let's start. I suggest we lay off all foreign civilian contractors first. Shut down our bases and move our troops out of Germany, Japan, South Korea, England, Poland, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, UAE, Egypt, Italy, and every other nation we have bases in. Let them defend their own ass for a while. Not only that, end NATO, SEATO and let the chips fall where they may. Save us on military bribes... I mean foreign aid.

Now All those excess troops can man the border, build the wall, and start killing mexican military that defends drug smugglers and mine the shit out of our southern border while bolstering ICE for the mass deportations.

Sure... let's play this game! It'll be FUN! :malicious angry grin:

I can hear the screams of panic from europe already as the genocidal freaks they harbor start firing up their war machines against the wusses who got most of their exercise arranging doilies on the furniture we moved.

Well, we do have a deficit that use some plugging. It sure seems like they can live more comfortably off three million dollars...

Tough titties....Try cutting and controlling spending.

How 'bout I come over and loot your house, because I feel you're living "comfortably" enough to live without some of your possessions?

Tough titties.

Try cutting and controlling spending.

So if we can't tax the rich because it's their money, where is a government supposed to get the taxes required to run it? The middle class? The lower class? But isn't that their money too?

How about lawful excises, imposts, duties and user fees (i.e. the fuel tax) to pay for gubmint services?

Did you know that America ran just fine for over 150 years, with no direct taxes on incomes.

Well that works fine for me, nobody pays income taxes and the government still gets money to do the stuff it needs to do. The question is, could it still work today without a hitch? Times have changed in the past century or so.

Last edited:
For the purposes of New York taxation, he had to pony up income taxes each and every day he worked and/or broadcast from the NY studio, was also subject to scads of state and local taxes on that studio, his condo, and (according to him) was audited yearly.

But don't let such little facts get in the way.

WASHINGTON (CNNMoney.com) -- Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner is expected Wednesday to back the idea of letting tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans lapse as a step toward getting the nation's fiscal house in order.

"Borrowing to finance tax cuts for the top 2% would be a $700 billion fiscal mistake," Geithner is expected to say, according to released excerpts of his prepared remarks before the Center for American Progress in Washington. "It's not the prescription the economy needs right now, and the country can't afford it."

Geithner backs letting tax cuts for wealthiest lapse - Aug. 4, 2010
we're going to listen to a tax cheat explain how the rich won't weasel out of 'their fair share'?

What's the last job you got from someone getting welfare?

Funny...Statists can never answer that question. They defer...Blame/Minimize/Deny/Obfuscate.

Sure, only in your world is not raising taxes a tax cut. Taxing the shit outta 2% of the population will go along way towards reducing the debt. Nevermind the 120,000,000 paying $0 income taxes and that spending is approaching 30% of GDP.

More leftwing, classwarfare claptrap.

So the top 2% should get tax cuts and cost us 700 Billion?

Fiscal conservatism be damned? lol If you need your opinion on this, I can link you to fox.

Only 1% of the entire working population make over 300K -- and only 5% of the entire working population make 250K to 300K.

So I really don't know where you're getting all this money from? Out of the 250K you can be certain that most are small business owners that are the largest employer in this country.

And someone who is filthy rich--is always capable of spending their money in foreign countries, of course (after they move out of the United States)--:lol:

The rich aren't going anywhere.

Another bullshit argument from the right.
Ask Maryland what happened to all their Millionaires just before the Millionaire Tax went into effect.

Care to try again?

And try the mass exodus from many blue States to places like Florida and Texas?

So providing an incentive for the wealthy to keep their money in the United States instead of taking it over seas where another country will get rich off the revenues instead our nation is a mistake?

Apparently putting more of the tax burden on the people who cant afford to move out is a good idea.

And lets pretend the real issue isn't spending.

You really believe they are keeping that money here in states? Really?

Your naivete is cute.

Spending? How about us not blowing 700 Billion by giving the wealthy a tax cut, again! Watch how the republicans fight against keeping the cuts for the middle class. Its already out there and they are grumbling.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back