Taunted for being Black, a student fought back, civil rights complaint says. The 30-second fight derailed her life.

Slaton administrators sentenced her to 45 days in an alternative school for students with severe disciplinary problems, according to the complaint and records reviewed by NBC News. Distraught and convinced that her future was ruined, Autumn’s family said she ran away from home last month and made a plan to kill herself. Now out of the hospital and recovering, the girl who’d entered this school year hoping to be named valedictorian is no longer sure she’s going to graduate on time.

“They took my beautiful baby girl — who my husband and I worked so hard to mold and love and support — and they broke her,” Autumn’s mother, JaQuatta Manahan, said in an interview. “They didn’t protect her. They cast her aside like she was trash.”
45 days for a slap appears extreme, but this could be easily checked against their disciplinary action against others in the last five years. I feel a winning lawsuit and forced resignations coming shortly.

When are people going to learn that if you don't mind the store well enough, someone else is going to step in and mind it for you in whatever way it is that they see fit regardless of what other people will or will not feel about the way that you decide to mind it?

God bless you and the girl always!!!

Holly

No, its the call of the constitution.

Can you legally call someone a name? Sure. If that makes you feel OK with it, well.........................

Society says the same thing. No word can be offensive for some and not others. You can't function as a society like that. That violates free speech rights. No American has a right to say something that another American can't. Doesn't work that way.

Society does not seem to be saying that.

Can you legally call someone a name? Sure. If that makes you feel OK with it, well.........................

Society does not seem to be saying that.

And its not calling someone a name IF THEY CALL THEMSELVES THE SAME NAME. And yes, all I care about is if its legal. Because if something is legal and someone attacks you for it, then THEY rightly should go to jail or even be killed depending on the severity of the attack.

And yes society is saying that. You're making excuses for blacks. Stop, it makes you look like an idiot.

Nowhere in the constitution does it guarantee you the right not to be offended.

Last edited:
I'm betting the administration is going to think they should have considered this a real deal to address.

Sure, because in La-La Liberalland, offending somebody is the highest crime in the country.

We're talking about name calling here. It went on when I was in school and it's going on now, except now, it's a national story.

Name calling and physically attacking people are two different things in school. You call me a name, I'll call you one back. End of story. Outside of school as adults, you call me a name, and I physically attack you, I'm going to jail. That's the way it works in a civilized society.

It's a sad story.

Stop using the word, and it will eventually die off. Unfortunately it's everywhere now in modern culture.

The Hip Hop community commonly uses it, and they sell it to white kids through their music. Don't want to hear it directed back at you? Then stop profiting off of it.

This is just another example how easily white night liberals have kept blacks under their thumb.
By convincing them they are victims at all times, and that they need white liberals to make things better for them. VOTE FOR ME! I WILL MAKE YOU SPECIAL!!

Forum List

Back