Zone1 Taoism & China

AnnieGal1

Rookie
Aug 16, 2018
I'm not familiar with this forum, is it ok to ask questions about religion other than Christianity here?

Do the Chinese seem to have a stronger bond with animals than others? Is it because of their Taoist, "the way of nature," religion? (If so, why don't e.g. other Asian countries like Japan and Korea, influenced by Taoism, exhibit this same bond with nature?)

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with this forum, is it ok to ask questions about religion other than Christianity here?

Do the Chinese seem to have a stronger bond with animals than others? Is it because of their Taoist, "the way of nature," religion? (If so, why don't e.g. other Asian countries like Japan and Korea, influenced by Taoism, exhibit this same bond with nature?)
Idk, but the CCP cranked down on Taoism pretty hard. (back in the Red Guard days)

No. Completely wrong.

Interesting subject. I have not noticed modern mainland China having a special reverence for nature just the opposite.
Taoists may be keeping a low profile with the crackdown on religion there.

Interesting subject. I have not noticed modern mainland China having a special reverence for nature just the opposite.
Taoists may be keeping a low profile with the crackdown on religion there.
The big crackdown was in the Red Guard days. It's their heritage, so naturally it's been coming back some.

Forum List

Back