Talk about throwing crap in the air!!!...

Even if I agreed with Tom Coburn on other issues, these anti-science screeds would really irritate me (the report itself, decorated with eye-catching clip art and gross distortions, is also taxpayer-funded).

The researchers didn't spend $600,000 on chimps throwing feces. They spent "a portion" on studying that phenomenon. That means somewhere between $600,000 and $0. And for the record, the study wasn't literally about monkeys throwing feces-- it was literally about apes throwing feces.

What a relief! For a minute I thought that the apes were going to get discriminated against. The one thing in life that has always bothered me is why do apes throw their poop at visitors to the zoo.

BTW, does anyone know the answer? Not that I really give a sh..... er, poop.

But you don't see the president talk about government waste, it's just spend, spend, spend.

again, how is the president responsible for the bridge to nowhere in alaska?
think hard...

If the President had know why chimps throw their poop at people the bridge to nowhere would not have happened.

Stupid questions deserve stupid answers.

YOU call measuring the distance a monkey throws shit "SCIENCE"????

Of course you would!

I bet you are like these idiots in Hans Christian Anderson's "The Emperor's New Clothes,..
Everyone said, loud enough for the others to hear: "Look at the Emperor's new clothes. They're beautiful!"

"What a marvellous train!"

"And the colors! The colors of that beautiful fabric! I have never seen anything like it in my life!" They all tried to conceal their disappointment at not being able to see the clothes, and since nobody was willing to admit his own stupidity and incompetence, they all behaved as the two scoundrels had predicted.

A child, however, who had no important job and could only see things as his eyes showed them to him, went up to the carriage.

"The Emperor is naked," he said.

"Fool!" his father reprimanded, running after him. "Don't talk nonsense!" He grabbed his child and took him away. But the boy's remark, which had been heard by the bystanders, was repeated over and over again until everyone cried:

"The boy is right! The Emperor is naked! It's true!"

The Emperor's New Clothes

Obama is a sham and those you that still insist Obama is a "God" are becoming fewer in number.
You and the other Obamatron supporters are truly like Navin (Steve Martin in "The Jerk")

DAD---"You see that?"
NAVIN-"Yeah. "
DAD---"That's shit. And this is Shinola. "
NAVIN-"Shit... Shinola."
DAD---"Son, you're gonna be alright."
Moviequotes.com Repository - Movie Quote From Jerk, The - 1979

UNLIKE Navin.. YOU and the other Obamatrons don't KNOW the difference!!!

You are wasting your time with fools.

Your tax dollars at work under the Obama administration LITERALLY involves monkeys throwing their crap around!
Truly amazing that people are STILL paying TAXES after literally CRAPPY expenditures like this:

A stunning amount spent on stupid studies like Why do chimps throw their poop? – Almost $600,000 of your tax dollars was sent to the folks who studied chimpanzee poop tossing, plus $198,195 paid to find out if “tweeting” makes people happy… It’s all HERE.

Feces -Throwing Reveals Communication Skills in Chimps – (GA) $592,527
Chimpanzees will often throw food or feces at passersby.
Taxpayers have funded a study to figure out the origins of this odd behavior.
William Hopkins, at Agnes Scott College, and researchers at the Yerkes National Primate
Research Center (associated with Emory University) used a portion of the $600,000 from the National Institutes of Health in 2011 to assist their study of throwing behavior in chimpanzees and its neurological origins.

Chimpanzees are one of very few organisms that can throw objects, which zoo visitors can often observe. For example, one of the investigators‘ research papers says,
―Some of the chimpanzees will pile faeces or wet chow in their cage and wait for
visitors to pass by before throwing this at them.
http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?a=Files.Serve&File_id=b69a6ebd-7ebe-41b7-bb03-c25a5e194365

President Obama‘s debt commission did issue recommendations to reduce the deficit by more
than $3.5 trillion over the next decade. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued a
report identifying over $200 billion in unnecessary, duplicative programs. But these suggestions
and others were ignored by both chambers of Congress and the President.

This is from your link.

Did anyone notice this?

You get the impression that $600,000 was spent on this specific study, but then you look closer and it says

"used a portion of the $600,000"

So what was the portion? Why aren't we told that number? Because it doesn't make for as good a story???

Forum List

Back