Tales from the post Apocalyptic 400PPM CO2 planet Earth

What conclusions should be drawn concerning a poster who relies on images - and images with no applicability to the conversation in progress - rather than words?

What conclusions should be drawn concerning a poster who relies on images - and images with no applicability to the conversation in progress - rather than words?
what good does it do you to ignore what was pointed out? you think we're just going to let it go? really?

"the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. Save the planet, we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves yet. I’m tired of this shit. I’m tired of f-ing Earth Day. I’m tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is that there aren’t enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world safe for Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don’t give a shit about the planet. Not in the abstract they don’t. You know what they’re interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They’re worried that some day in the future they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn’t impress me."
George Carlin....:thup:

Words Crick ignores

" One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with environmental policy anymore..." - Ottmar

I have posted that text - and the entire context of the interview from which it hales clearly indicating Edenhofer's actual topic, five times now. It is YOU that are ignoring words.

Last edited:
I have posted that text - and the entire context of the interview from which it hales clearly indicating Edenhofer's actual topic, five times now. It is YOU that are ignoring words.

You keep making up these imaginary points as if they have any meaning or relate to the topic at all. Moreover you're not making any sense. Youre saying Ottmar mentioned Africa, therefore AGW is real? Nobody can follow you

Can't believe it's been 21 days since we crossed the 400, it feels more like it's been 3 weeks.

Everyone on the train has their head up their apps, no doubt checking for updates on "how to survive past 400"

Save us!

co2_800k_zoom.png

Keeling-Curve.jpg

Greenhouse Effect: CO2 Concentrations Set to Hit Record High of 400 PPM | TIME.com
Carbon-dioxide levels are at their highest point in at least 800,000 years
Le taux de CO2 dans l'air au plus haut depuis plus de 2,5 millions d'années
As CO2 Concentrations Near Ominous Benchmark, Daily Updates Begin
Up, Up and Away! Scientists Anxious as CO2 Levels to Cross 400 PPM - Bloomberg
Global carbon dioxide levels near worrisome milestone
Global carbon dioxide levels set to pass 400ppm milestone
Greenhouse-gas levels near milestone: Highest in millions of years
+++ Klimaticker Mai +++: EU-Treibhaus-Sanierer, Manhattan-Hitze, CO2-Allzeithoch

Find, in any of these articles, the kind of alarmism you believe mainstream science is producing in response to crossing 400 ppm. Reality, as has always been the case with this issue, makes the lot of you look fools of the first order.

But Frankie boi is a fool of the first order. Not only did Clinton win the nomination, but she will be our next President. And, as President, she will be the world leader in the attempt to keep the CO2 level from rising above 500 ppm. And, as the damage becomes apparent from the effects of the GHG levels already in the atmosphere, people like Frankie boi will attempt to deny that they ever denied that there was a problem.

Global Warming Deniers are like people standing on the deck of the Titanic "this ship isn't sinking, look right here at my feet, dry as a bone."
"Well look at the bow of the ship it is under water"
"I never look further than the end of my nose, that way nothing is scary. Now, where's my blanky."
DiCaprio needs to fly 8,000 miles in his private jet again to get handed another environmental award.

Wetlands emit 37% of what emissions, specifically? And a source please.

Wetland emissions were NOT a net source of GHGs until warmed in the last half century by AGW. The literature I've reviewed holds that the world's wetlands are a large CO2 SINK but that wetlands are significant net sources for methane as temperatures increase.

Are you actually attempting to suggest that human combustion of fossil fuels and deforestation is not responsible for the 42% rise in atmospheric CO2 since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution?

Last edited:

Wetland emissions were NOT a net source until warmed in the last half century by AGW. Are you actually attempting to suggest that human combustion of fossil fuels and deforestation is not responsible for the 42% rise in atmospheric CO2 since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution?
Do tell us how much wetlands have warmed in the last 50 years.
Humans account for 1% of CO2 that volcanoes emit.

Wetland emissions were NOT a net source until warmed in the last half century by AGW. Are you actually attempting to suggest that human combustion of fossil fuels and deforestation is not responsible for the 42% rise in atmospheric CO2 since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution?

Wetlands have warmed as much or more than the rest of the planet. In the last 50 years, that would be about 1.2F.

You seem to be saying that humans emit one one-hundredth as much CO2 as is produced by volcanoes. If so, that is a very surprising statement for anyone on this board to make. Let's check the facts:

volcanicco2smaller.jpg

CO2_vs_Volcano.gif

co2_human_vs_volcanic_med.jpg

Glikson_11_06_09_5.jpg

The US alone puts out 10-20 times the CO2 of the world's volcanoes.

RubinoCO2Isotopes.jpg

volcanos-vs-planes-chart.jpg

Do Volcanoes Generate More Greenhouse Gas Than Humans?
Do volcanoes emit more CO2 than humans?
Which produces more CO2, volcanic or human activity?
Are Volcanoes or Humans Harder on the Atmosphere?
Which emits more carbon dioxide: volcanoes or human activities? | NOAA Climate.gov
Volcanoes Do Not Emit 10,000 Times More Carbon Dioxide Than Humans

Warmers were telling us that human life is "inconceivable" in a 400ppm CO2 environment .

The oceans will boil, turn into gastric juice and rise 300 feet. Who could withstand such a calamity ?

If only we had given up control of the economy to Soros and the AGWCult.

If only...

But Frankie boi is a fool of the first order. Not only did Clinton win the nomination, but she will be our next President. And, as President, she will be the world leader in the attempt to keep the CO2 level from rising above 500 ppm. And, as the damage becomes apparent from the effects of the GHG levels already in the atmosphere, people like Frankie boi will attempt to deny that they ever denied that there was a problem.

Just like Obammy lowered the seas

Wetlands have warmed as much or more than the rest of the planet. In the last 50 years, that would be about 1.2F.

You seem to be saying that humans emit one one-hundredth as much CO2 as is produced by volcanoes. If so, that is a very surprising statement for anyone on this board to make. Let's check the facts:

volcanicco2smaller.jpg

CO2_vs_Volcano.gif

co2_human_vs_volcanic_med.jpg

Glikson_11_06_09_5.jpg

The US alone puts out 10-20 times the CO2 of the world's volcanoes.

RubinoCO2Isotopes.jpg

volcanos-vs-planes-chart.jpg

Do Volcanoes Generate More Greenhouse Gas Than Humans?
Do volcanoes emit more CO2 than humans?
Which produces more CO2, volcanic or human activity?
Are Volcanoes or Humans Harder on the Atmosphere?
Which emits more carbon dioxide: volcanoes or human activities? | NOAA Climate.gov
Volcanoes Do Not Emit 10,000 Times More Carbon Dioxide Than Humans
Again with the full display of ignorance. There are 32 volcanoes currently erupting, and humans account for less than 1% of the CO2 they are emiting.
image.jpeg

Warmers were telling us that human life is "inconceivable" in a 400ppm CO2 environment .

Let's see the fucking link.

The oceans will boil, turn into gastric juice and rise 300 feet. Who could withstand such a calamity ?

Let's see the fucking link

If only we had given up control of the economy to Soros and the AGWCult.

Let's see the fucking link.

If only...

Oh, yeah, you don't have any... you made up every claim out of whole cloth. Got it. Incredibly funny stuff. Laugh myself to sleep.

Forum List

Back