Earth will die from LACK of CO2!

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
2000002013AD - the year the world will end?
Scientists have set a new date for the end of the world - but it is not for another two billion years.

All animals and plants will vanish from the Earth, which will be inherited by tiny microbes before life disappears completely, a new study suggests.
Ironically, Armageddon is going to arrive as a result of too little, rather than too much, carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
Currently experts are trying to find ways to cut levels of the greenhouse gas to prevent global warming running out of control.
But as the Sun ages and grows hotter, greater evaporation and chemical reactions with rainwater will take away more and more carbon dioxide.
In less than a billion years, its levels will be too low for photosynthesising plants to survive, say scientists. When that happens, life as we know it on Earth will cease to exist.

2000002013AD - the year the world will end? - Telegraph
==========================================================

So science is now finding that what will ultimately doom us, is carbon dioxide depletion. I have been reiterating this for years, that carbon dioxide is essential to all plant life. Without it, plants die and can't produce more oxygen, which we need to breathe. Getting rid of Co2, like it's the freaking plague, is not going to solve any problem, it might actually create a more rapid demise, if the above study is true. I mean, when you really think about it, the more CO2 we churn out, the greater head start we have when it starts running out, right? Oh... but what about the "greenhouse effect" ....those evil "greenhouse gasses" are lurking out there, threatening to kill every man, woman and child on the planet, if we don't act now! Well, we also need a greenhouse effect for plants to grow and for us to retain a stable atmosphere. If the greenhouse effect ever stops working, we're toast... literally. There would be nothing to protect us from UV or radiation from space, because the ozone layer is part of the greenhouse effect. It also retains a stable atmosphere on the planet, for the most part. We have occasional shifts which cause violent storms, but nothing like the storms seen on planets with less stable atmospheres.

This quiet revelation about our ultimate demise, is not getting much air play. It's a little embarrassing, after we've spent untold billions chasing the idiotic AGW theory. The EPA looks like a bunch of dunderheads declaring CO2 a "pollutant" in light of the fact that we're all going to die when it's gone. Of course, 2 billion years is a long time, and I speculate that people (if still around) will have completely forgotten about Al Gore and Obama, and this whole AGW nonsense. The chuckleheads of that time will argue that it was 'ancient times' when men worshipped gods and believed in fairy tales. This is generally what we see with chuckleheads, they push for something until they get it, then blame others for the consequences of it. I imagine they will be this way 2 billion years from now as well.

2000002013AD - the year the world will end?
Scientists have set a new date for the end of the world - but it is not for another two billion years.

All animals and plants will vanish from the Earth, which will be inherited by tiny microbes before life disappears completely, a new study suggests.
Ironically, Armageddon is going to arrive as a result of too little, rather than too much, carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
Currently experts are trying to find ways to cut levels of the greenhouse gas to prevent global warming running out of control.
But as the Sun ages and grows hotter, greater evaporation and chemical reactions with rainwater will take away more and more carbon dioxide.
In less than a billion years, its levels will be too low for photosynthesising plants to survive, say scientists. When that happens, life as we know it on Earth will cease to exist.

2000002013AD - the year the world will end? - Telegraph
==========================================================

So science is now finding that what will ultimately doom us, is carbon dioxide depletion. I have been reiterating this for years, that carbon dioxide is essential to all plant life. Without it, plants die and can't produce more oxygen, which we need to breathe. Getting rid of Co2, like it's the freaking plague, is not going to solve any problem, it might actually create a more rapid demise, if the above study is true. I mean, when you really think about it, the more CO2 we churn out, the greater head start we have when it starts running out, right? Oh... but what about the "greenhouse effect" ....those evil "greenhouse gasses" are lurking out there, threatening to kill every man, woman and child on the planet, if we don't act now! Well, we also need a greenhouse effect for plants to grow and for us to retain a stable atmosphere. If the greenhouse effect ever stops working, we're toast... literally. There would be nothing to protect us from UV or radiation from space, because the ozone layer is part of the greenhouse effect. It also retains a stable atmosphere on the planet, for the most part. We have occasional shifts which cause violent storms, but nothing like the storms seen on planets with less stable atmospheres.

This quiet revelation about our ultimate demise, is not getting much air play. It's a little embarrassing, after we've spent untold billions chasing the idiotic AGW theory. The EPA looks like a bunch of dunderheads declaring CO2 a "pollutant" in light of the fact that we're all going to die when it's gone. Of course, 2 billion years is a long time, and I speculate that people (if still around) will have completely forgotten about Al Gore and Obama, and this whole AGW nonsense. The chuckleheads of that time will argue that it was 'ancient times' when men worshipped gods and believed in fairy tales. This is generally what we see with chuckleheads, they push for something until they get it, then blame others for the consequences of it. I imagine they will be this way 2 billion years from now as well.

Don't tell me...............lemmie guess.............you've gotten your PHD (Piled Higher and Deeper) from a Crackerjax Box, and you're trying to convince the rest of us.

Come back when you have some actual science under your belt and can discuss things in a logical manner.

Look, dummy, salt is absolutely neccessary for life. But too much can kill you. When you post this kind of crap, you reveal just how absolutely dumb you truly are.

There have been times in the pasts when there were very rapid spikes in the amount of CO2 and CH4 in the atmosphere. These were times of extinction.

Timeline of a mass extinction - MIT News Office

Well damn.... those dinosaurs or whatever was here 250 million years ago, should have ordered the EPA to classify CO2 as a pollutant and burden businesses with massive fines and penalties as well as stricter regulations. They should have halted all industrialization and internal combustion, and made other dinosaurs use funny light bulbs! Surely, they could have prevented their own demise!!!

....FOOLS!

Don't tell me...............lemmie guess.............you've gotten your PHD (Piled Higher and Deeper) from a Crackerjax Box, and you're trying to convince the rest of us.

Come back when you have some actual science under your belt and can discuss things in a logical manner.

Why do I need a PhD when I have all these peer-reviewed journals being published, to tell me that Earth is going to end due to LACK of carbon dioxide? I guess I figured it was a waste of money, so I got my degree in another field of science, Psychology. This way, I can fuck with your head and analyze your mental problems for personal entertainment. It's much more gratifying than running around trying to prop up the latest pseudoscience.

Actually the Greenhouse Effect will quit working WELL before the GHGases are blown away..

The sun will shift from mellow yellow to red.. Causing the GreenHouse window to close. The gases that USED to allow warming to progress to the surface at shorter wavelengths thru the "window" will now act as better insulators PREVENTING warming at the surface and the re-radiating blanket effect.

Even MINUTE shifts in the color distribution of the sun's rays can account for modulation of the GH "window".. Something that GW theory couldn't accurately track and measure before the advent of orbiting solar observatories..

But thanks for the heads-up...

Why do I need a PhD when I have all these peer-reviewed journals being published, to tell me that Earth is going to end due to LACK of carbon dioxide? I guess I figured it was a waste of money, so I got my degree in another field of science, Psychology. This way, I can fuck with your head and analyze your mental problems for personal entertainment. It's much more gratifying than running around trying to prop up the latest pseudoscience.

So..................like I said................you have no knowledge of anything about climate change other than what you've read, and, apparently.................you've been reading things that make you feel better about pollution.

And by the way...................psychology is a kind of pseudoscience, because they never tell you what is going on, they just keep asking "how do you feel"?

Look, dummy, salt is absolutely neccessary for life. But too much can kill you. When you post this kind of crap, you reveal just how absolutely dumb you truly are.

There have been times in the pasts when there were very rapid spikes in the amount of CO2 and CH4 in the atmosphere. These were times of extinction.

Timeline of a mass extinction - MIT News Office

Yet more hand waving. 20,000 years, give or take for the extinctions to occur and here man will run out of fossil fuels in 300 years. So...what's going to drive the "warming" after that? Man is responsible for less than 10% of the total CO2 budget and yet supposedly man is the root cause for the "problem".

This fraud is so stupid it takes a truly fanatical anti-science religious nutbag to believe it.

So..................like I said................you have no knowledge of anything about climate change other than what you've read, and, apparently.................you've been reading things that make you feel better about pollution.

And by the way...................psychology is a kind of pseudoscience, because they never tell you what is going on, they just keep asking "how do you feel"?

Apparently the climatologists don't know anything about it either....they have been forced to admit that there has been no warming for at least the last 15 years and THEY DON'T KNOW WHY. It violates every tenet of their religi errr, theory.

Carbon dioxide is not pollution, it is one of the most common elements in the universe, the root of which (carbon) is the basis for all life as we know it. I didn't need a science degree to know this, I passed 8th grade. All living plant life, uses carbon dioxide through a process known as photosynthesis, which in turn, produces oxygen. Again... passed 9th grade chemistry, didn't need a degree to know this. When a typical volcano erupts, it produces tons and tons of carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, and about 100 other assorted gases, as well as PURE carbon in the form of volcanic ash. Mt. St. Helen's produced more "pollution" than man has generated in our entire history. Again, I think I learned this in 10th or 11th grade, so really all I needed was a high school education to know that AGW is a sham, and always has been.

"Climatology" is a pseudoscience, seemingly rooted in this idiocy about global warming, and unwilling to realize what idiots they are. The theory is bunk, the data is bunk! Yet so much funding and money is being poured into the research, they just can't let go. It's science gone MAD! And you're right there carrying their pom-poms, because apparently, you weren't paying much attention in high school.

Botany... now THERE is a science. You know? The people who study the tree rings and stuff? You see, I bet you weren't aware that many botanical scientists say, up until about 600 years ago, the plant life on earth was starving for carbon dioxide. The levels have risen and plant life has flourished as a result. But even more interesting, the levels have risen fairly consistently, over 600 years... think about that.... what was here 600 years ago that was of industrial nature? That's right... nothing. No cars, no buses, no trains... no industry stinking up the planet with their pollution, yet.... carbon dioxide was consistently rising. There is no "alarming" rate carbon dioxide will ever get to, that will endanger man.

Carbon dioxide is not pollution, it is one of the most common elements in the universe, the root of which (carbon) is the basis for all life as we know it. I didn't need a science degree to know this, I passed 8th grade. All living plant life, uses carbon dioxide through a process known as photosynthesis, which in turn, produces oxygen. Again... passed 9th grade chemistry, didn't need a degree to know this. When a typical volcano erupts, it produces tons and tons of carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, and about 100 other assorted gases, as well as PURE carbon in the form of volcanic ash. Mt. St. Helen's produced more "pollution" than man has generated in our entire history. Again, I think I learned this in 10th or 11th grade, so really all I needed was a high school education to know that AGW is a sham, and always has been.

"Climatology" is a pseudoscience, seemingly rooted in this idiocy about global warming, and unwilling to realize what idiots they are. The theory is bunk, the data is bunk! Yet so much funding and money is being poured into the research, they just can't let go. It's science gone MAD! And you're right there carrying their pom-poms, because apparently, you weren't paying much attention in high school.

Botany... now THERE is a science. You know? The people who study the tree rings and stuff? You see, I bet you weren't aware that many botanical scientists say, up until about 600 years ago, the plant life on earth was starving for carbon dioxide. The levels have risen and plant life has flourished as a result. But even more interesting, the levels have risen fairly consistently, over 600 years... think about that.... what was here 600 years ago that was of industrial nature? That's right... nothing. No cars, no buses, no trains... no industry stinking up the planet with their pollution, yet.... carbon dioxide was consistently rising. There is no "alarming" rate carbon dioxide will ever get to, that will endanger man.

You're right..............plants DO use CO2 for their way of living. Only trouble is, we're giving off more CO2 than the plants can use, which is resulting in the earth warming up and weather doing really weird things.

Or......................do you think it's normal that Washington DC has snow at about the same time that Canada has to truck it in for the Olympics?

Might wanna check on the flooding here in the U.S., as well as the flooding happening over in other countries.

Oh yeah.................can we talk about the fact that a hurricane hit NYC and New Jersey for the first time in almost all the recorded history of this country?

You're right..............plants DO use CO2 for their way of living. Only trouble is, we're giving off more CO2 than the plants can use, which is resulting in the earth warming up and weather doing really weird things.

Or......................do you think it's normal that Washington DC has snow at about the same time that Canada has to truck it in for the Olympics?

Might wanna check on the flooding here in the U.S., as well as the flooding happening over in other countries.

Oh yeah.................can we talk about the fact that a hurricane hit NYC and New Jersey for the first time in almost all the recorded history of this country?

Weather happens, man!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

THIS was in 1816... were we causing it? Nope! Did we survive? Apparently, but some of us suffered brain damage from it. Humans produce a FRACTION of the carbon dioxide spewed out by nature herself. We could eliminate ALL human-made pollution, and ONE volcanic event would completely erase our efforts for hundreds of years. Our carbon dioxide emissions are not responsible for changes in weather. The sky is not falling!

You are buying into the propaganda espoused by people who seek more grants and funding from government. The really sad thing is, a lot of people don't care about the facts, this is a political thing for them, the "right" is against it, so we have to be for it!

Look...you want to scream and holler about companies dumping mercury into the waterways? FINE! I am with you 110% on that! I don't want to live in a polluted world, but carbon dioxide is simply NOT POLLUTION! Harsh penalties for improperly disposing of toxic waste? GREAT...I'm right there with you leading the charge! But this is not that. This is a concerted effort by a group of people who have established a little gravy train for themselves, not wanting to give that up. It is time that you and others educate yourself on some basic science, and stop this foolishness.

Untrue. When CO2 levels get that high it gets sequestered in the oceans by the formation of limestone. You should take a geology class sometime. Limestone is a sedimentary rock that is formed in the deep ocean (when there's enough CO2 to do it) away from the shores where sand is compacted to form sandstone, and even further out from where the clays settle out to form mudstone which is then further metamorphosed to form slates and schists through the engine of subduction.

There has been no limestone made for at least 5 million years.......at least none that we can find...

Why do I need a PhD when I have all these peer-reviewed journals being published, to tell me that Earth is going to end due to LACK of carbon dioxide?.

The weatherman said it's going to get cold in the winter, so I better run the furnace full blast right now, so I don't freeze to death.

That would be your retarded logic. A 3-year-old could grasp the flaws in it, but it's way beyond you. But then, it's a given you'd fail at basic logic, since nobody with a working BS meter would be susceptible to the brainwashing of your political cult.

Untrue. When CO2 levels get that high it gets sequestered in the oceans by the formation of limestone. You should take a geology class sometime. Limestone is a sedimentary rock that is formed in the deep ocean (when there's enough CO2 to do it) away from the shores where sand is compacted to form sandstone, and even further out from where the clays settle out to form mudstone which is then further metamorphosed to form slates and schists through the engine of subduction.

There has been no limestone made for at least 5 million years.......at least none that we can find...

Really? Limestone is formed in the deep ocean?

Like most other sedimentary rocks, most limestone is composed of grains. Most grains in limestone are skeletal fragments of marine organisms such as coral or foraminifera. Other carbonate grains comprising limestones are ooids, peloids, intraclasts, and extraclasts. These organisms secrete shells made of aragonite or calcite, and leave these shells behind after the organisms die.

Limestone often contains variable amounts of silica in the form of chert (chalcedony, flint, jasper, etc.) or siliceous skeletal fragment (sponge spicules, diatoms, radiolarians), and varying amounts of clay, silt and sand (terrestrial detritus) carried in by rivers.

Some limestones do not consist of grains at all, and are formed completely by the chemical precipitation of calcite or aragonite, i.e. travertine. Secondary calcite may be deposited by supersaturated meteoric waters (groundwater that precipitates the material in caves). This produces speleothems, such as stalagmites and stalactites. Another form taken by calcite is oolitic limestone, which can be recognized by its granular (oolite) appearance.

The primary source of the calcite in limestone is most commonly marine organisms. Some of these organisms can construct mounds of rock known as reefs, building upon past generations. Below about 3,000 meters, water pressure and temperature conditions cause the dissolution of calcite to increase nonlinearly, so limestone typically does not form in deeper waters (see lysocline). Limestones may also form in both lacustrine and evaporite depositional environments.[2][3]

Calcite can be either dissolved or precipitated by groundwater, depending on several factors, including the water temperature, pH, and dissolved ion concentrations. Calcite exhibits an unusual characteristic called retrograde solubility, in which it becomes less soluble in water as the temperature increases.

Because of impurities, such as clay, sand, organic remains, iron oxide and other materials, many limestones exhibit different colors, especially on weathered surfaces.

Limestone may be crystalline, clastic, granular, or massive, depending on the method of formation. Crystals of calcite, quartz, dolomite or barite may line small cavities in the rock. When conditions are right for precipitation, calcite forms mineral coatings that cement the existing rock grains together, or it can fill fractures.

Travertine is a banded, compact variety of limestone formed along streams, particularly where there are waterfalls, and around hot or cold springs. Calcium carbonate is deposited where evaporation of the water leaves a solution supersaturated with the chemical constituents of calcite. Tufa, a porous or cellular variety of travertine, is found near waterfalls. Coquina is a poorly consolidated limestone composed of pieces of coral or shells.

During regional metamorphism that occurs during the mountain building process (orogeny), limestone recrystallizes into marble.

Limestone is a parent material of Mollisol soil group.

Limestone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go bullshit someone else.

Why do I need a PhD when I have all these peer-reviewed journals being published, to tell me that Earth is going to end due to LACK of carbon dioxide?.

The weatherman said it's going to get cold in the winter, so I better run the furnace full blast right now, so I don't freeze to death.

That would be your retarded logic. A 3-year-old could grasp the flaws in it, but it's way beyond you. But then, it's a given you'd fail at basic logic, since nobody with a working BS meter would be susceptible to the brainwashing of your political cult.

The only retards here are people who don't grasp 8th grade science enough to realize they are being hosed. Political cult? Brainwashing? Whatever are you talking about, fool? I know people who are Liberal, Conservative, Democrat, Republican, Independent, Libertarian, and Anarchist, who don't worship at the alter in the Church of Al Gore! Get real!

The thing about your idiotic analogy is, if your house was the Earth, it makes perfect sense. If we knew our imminent demise was going to become a gradual cooling down, why would we want to halt warming up? Seems a little backward in logic to me. Let's see if Boss can come up with an even more ridiculous analogy here... Say you are in a bathtub from which you can never escape, and you are told, the temperature of the water will decline a little each hour, until frozen. You have the option of filling the tub with water of any temperature... what would you pick? I would go for as hot as I could possibly stand it, because it would take longer to cool down and freeze, but I guess you'd make it perfectly comfortable for the moment?

This actually makes rationals sense for an idiot, you typically don't think ahead too far. Everything is an emotive reaction to win some "victory" for now, consequence be damned! And when those consequences arrive, as they always do, you'll be right there to emotively react again, with new pearls of wisdom and genius for us to follow....consequence be damned, again!

Last edited:

The only retards here are people who don't grasp 8th grade science enough to realize they are being hosed. Political cult? Brainwashing? Whatever are you talking about, fool? I know people who are Liberal, Conservative, Democrat, Republican, Independent, Libertarian, and Anarchist, who don't worship at the alter in the Church of Al Gore! Get real!

The thing about your idiotic analogy is, if your house was the Earth, it makes perfect sense. If we knew our eminent demise was going to become a gradual cooling down, why would we want to halt warming up? Seems a little backward in logic to me. Let's see if Boss can come up with an even more ridiculous analogy here... Say you are in a bathtub from which you can never escape, and you are told, the temperature of the water will decline a little each hour, until frozen. You have the option of filling the tub with water of any temperature... what would you pick? I would go for as hot as I could possibly stand it, because it would take longer to cool down and freeze, but I guess you'd make it perfectly comfortable for the moment?

This actually makes rationals sense for an idiot, you typically don't think ahead too far. Everything is an emotive reaction to win some "victory" for now, consequence be damned! And when those consequences arrive, as they always do, you'll be right there to emotively react again, with new pearls of wisdom and genius for us to follow....consequence be damned, again!

Actually, "eminent" doesn't mean what you think it means.....................

em·i·nent
[em-uh-nuhnt] Show IPA

adjective
1. high in station, rank, or repute; prominent; distinguished: eminent statesmen.

2. conspicuous, signal, or noteworthy: eminent fairness.

3. lofty; high: eminent peaks.

4. prominent; projecting; protruding: an eminent nose

Eminent | Define Eminent at Dictionary.com

I believe the word you're looking for is "imminent"....................

im·mi·nent
[im-uh-nuhnt] Show IPA

adjective
1. likely to occur at any moment; impending: Her death is imminent.

2. projecting or leaning forward; overhanging.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1520&#8211;30; < Latin imminent- (stem of immin&#275;ns ), present participle of immin&#275;re to overhang, equivalent to im- im-1 + -min- from a base meaning &#8220;jut out, project, rise&#8221; (cf. eminent, mount2 ) + -ent- -ent

Imminent | Define Imminent at Dictionary.com

And..............the theory you're talking about is "entropy". Look it up yourself if you've been too stupid to understand.

And.......................fwiw..................before entropy happens to the earth, the sun is going to blow up into a red giant, pretty much making the face of the Earth nothing more than a bunch of carbon.

For the idiots farther up the thread that think it takes CO2 to make limestone, quick question....................did you ever consider the fact that CO2 is a gas and limestone is a solid made from calcified remains of sea creatures? Oh yeah...............you don't need "really deep water" to create limestone..............it can be made from the evaporation of shallow sea beds, which is why there's a lot of it in the central U.S.

Wish you right wing idiots would actually learn some real science, rather than parrot the talking points of FAUX Nooze.

Last edited:
Okay, so now we've resorted to nitpicking common spelling errors of words which sound similar? Wow... talk about desperate to make a point? Sad!!

For the record, carbon dioxide is not a gas, it is a chemical element. On earth, it's natural state is gaseous, but it can also be found in solid form (dry ice). This is also a common error, but I will not take the opportunity to insult you over it and call you and idiot for this, because people commonly make this mistake. Instead, I will call you an idiot for claiming this is "right wingers" parroting Fox News, when there are people who would have needles stuck in their eyes before watching Fox News, who have totally rejected this nonsense.

Okay, so now we've resorted to nitpicking common spelling errors of words which sound similar? Wow... talk about desperate to make a point? Sad!!

For the record, carbon dioxide is not a gas, it is a chemical element. On earth, it's natural state is gaseous, but it can also be found in solid form (dry ice). This is also a common error, but I will not take the opportunity to insult you over it and call you and idiot for this, because people commonly make this mistake. Instead, I will call you an idiot for claiming this is "right wingers" parroting Fox News, when there are people who would have needles stuck in their eyes before watching Fox News, who have totally rejected this nonsense.

CO2 can only be found in a solid form at around minus 78 degrees Celsius. Can you provide me with a natural environment on the surface of this planet where that kind of temperature happens regularly? You're right..............CO2 IS a chemical compound, but when it occurs naturally on the face of this particular planet, it takes the form of a gas unless it has been frozen by artificial means. BTW.................anything that ISN'T an element is a chemical compound, because it's made up of 2 or more elements.

But.............nice attempt at a smokescreen.

And yeah...............most of the people who deny climate change are those who watch a lot of FAUX Nooze and don't bother to do the research on what is going on for themselves.

Kind of a pity really...............especially when most people have access to the internet and can look these things up on Wiki, or Google it to find the truth.

Forum List

Back