Taking Easter Too Far?

Foreign country, guess what? We have no say in it.

No, huh? We have no say in what a foreign country does?

Do you not defend us having our say in another foreign country's business like every single second of your life?

You just got caught looking stupid.

Do you not defend us having our say in another foreign country's business like every single second of your life?

You are the stupid one. But then you prove that every day you post here. There is no comparison to some people CHOOSING to nail themselves to a cross and a sadistic Murdering sociopath in charge of a country full of oil.

But do try and make the claim they are.

You are the stupid one. But then you prove that every day you post here. There is no comparison to some people CHOOSING to nail themselves to a cross and a sadistic Murdering sociopath in charge of a country full of oil.

But do try and make the claim they are.

That sounds cute and all, but it doesn't change the fact that you said we have no say in a foreign country's business.

Either we do, or we don't. I know you'd love to be able to personally choose which times we intervene, but thankfully for this nation, YOU DON'T.

Gotta say though, I love the first sentence in your post:

"Oh yeah, well you're a stupid head!".

Foreign country, guess what? We have no say in it. They do this crap every year and do similar idiotic things on all the major Christian holidays.

We try to influence other nations all of the time. We impose sanctions, establish most-favored-trade-status, we impose embargos. If all else fails and we think that another nation is doing terrible things, we invade.

We try to influence other nations all of the time. We impose sanctions, establish most-favored-trade-status, we impose embargos. If all else fails and we think that another nation is doing terrible things, we invade.

You're being a stupid head, and RGS is going to point that out for you.

The question is ... is it any of our business? These people volunteer.

The question is ... is it any of our business? These people volunteer.

Not a question if your Paulitic or Matts.... they want to equate a couple people nailing themselves to a cross, which almost never leads to permanent damage, to trade embargos or invasions.

Talk about ignorant crap.

Ohh and notice they chose to do it by CHOICE.

Yup JUST like our invasion of Iraq or a trade fight with France.... yup, well if you live in nana land like these two.

SO the US Government pressures Filipino citizens to nail themselves to crosses for a religious observance? Proof please.

No. In this instance it seems as though our nation is not doing anything about it. In other instances, when our government thinks that another nation is doing stuff that we think is terribly wrong, we get involved. It is as simple as that.

No. In this instance it seems as though our nation is not doing anything about it. In other instances, when our government thinks that another nation is doing stuff that we think is terribly wrong, we get involved. It is as simple as that.

Ohh I see, we should not have interfered with Saddam Hussein who was bent on killing Americans and attacking this country, BUT we should get involved because a couple people AGREE to be nailed to a cross to celebrate what they feel is THEIR religious FREEDOM?

We make it our business – pressuring them to volunteer.

That isn't the question I asked. I asked if it IS our business?

Do I recall correctly from a few years ago that you were one of the pro-euthenasia crowd for people who wished to commit assisted suicide?

IIRC, the two responses given most from the pro-euthenasia crowd were: It was none of our business, and it was the individual's choice.

So I ask, does the event of Filipino Christians volunteering to be crucified deserve any different responses than that?

If you say yes, tell me how you feel about those Africans that put huge dinner plates in their lips and ears?

I don't think the US interacts with terrorists because muslims whip the shit out of themselves for their crazy "whip the shit out of ourselves" holiday. Lots of people express their religiosity through physical methods like this. As long as people are doing these things willingly then i'd say it's a live and let live moment.

for the record, I think it's all nutty as hell but thats why im not nailing myself on a cross or whipping myself. To each their own. Life goes on.

I don't think the US interacts with terrorists because muslims whip the shit out of themselves for their crazy "whip the shit out of ourselves" holiday. Lots of people express their religiosity through physical methods like this. As long as people are doing these things willingly then i'd say it's a live and let live moment.

for the record, I think it's all nutty as hell but thats why im not nailing myself on a cross or whipping myself. To each their own. Life goes on.

Not my idea of entertainment for a lazy Sunday afternoon, that's for sure. That's taking "hanging out" a bit far.:badgrin:

I hate the clapping emoticon but I have to say you nailed it.

I hate the clapping emoticon but I have to say you nailed it.

Wrong, because I only support our interfering in other countries when it is in OUR national interest and survival to do so. But you and Matt and paulitics pretend otherwise.

I don't give a good rat's ass what other countries do, UNLESS they are a threat or danger to US. Unless they are causing problems for US.

A couple religious idiots that nail themselves to crosses does not in anyway concern the US or her citizens. It is in fact, if in the US, a protected practice. Or did you manage to repel the 1st Amendment?

Forum List

Back