Take a Couple Minutes and Secure Yourself....

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
Do yourself and Moderation a favor and take a few minutes to change the permissions on the pix you keep in the USMB Gallery... Don't wait until some stalker or troll lays them into a thread.. We'll TRY to help remove any embarrassment -- but we can't guarantee you'll be happy with the results.

There are permissions on "Who can VIEW" and "Who can Comment" and "Who can Download".. If you intend to share them with us --- instead of "everyone" --- selected "registered users"..

Don't wait to report the damage. Take the time and edit each album. You'll find an edit button near the bottom left of each album cover page.

Thanks --- and thank yourself for not having to whine once those beer pong pix end up in Current Events !!!!

FCT:biggrin:

I can't tell if it worked or not. I can see me no matter what. :eusa_eh:

Guess I should make one thing clear. And I had to go use a Mod Sock to test it.

It appears that if U allow an album for Registered Members or Everyone to view --- then they can still get the link to the pix pretty easily. So securing Permissions on "downloads" doesn't mean they can't copy and paste.

So probably if you want the pix for YOUR convenience and nobody elses -- you need to make them visible to a smaller audience. Like "Only Me" or "People who follow me"..

Also choose the album covers carefully because they also can be "cut/pasted".

It's great to have all that all available for browsing and community. Just USE the permissions to suit your preferences.

It's pretty damn sad people have to go to such lengths to keep trolls from stealing pics to warp them just as weaponry for a dumb battle, amirite?

Sad we have to go so far to protect ourselves on a message board. Extra sad there is that kind of slime out there that forces us to.

Problem is, Kat...the slime is right here at usmb.
gr0882.JPG

I am. I think. Maybe I should check again. :lol:

So can I make all the naked pictures sent to me from the female members of this forum who want my body only available to the males members, and those female members who get into that sort of thing, who are on my follow list?

*****CHUCKLE******

:cool:

Forum List

Back