T-shirts at a memorial service aren't political?

BIG leap from there to "thriving" Maggie.

saveliberty, you do not decide what is appropriate. Sorry, guy, you simply can't tell the grieving how to feel and what to do. You will have to accept what they are saying and what they are doing, or you are demonstrating an incredible lack of balance.

I prefer to put the family and friends ahead of the community in the grieving. Interesting how you choose to say I can't tell someone how to grieve (true), while telling me my way is inappropriate.

hypocrisy and double standards is all they have left

Don't take it away from them
:eusa_whistle:

Just like civility is only one way with them....

Maggie may soon appear to help Jake

Last edited:
Don't explode Neo, but I actually like Jake and Maggie personally. We just disagree frequently in the political forums.

No, Marie, you do not set the standard for what the grieving at Tucson should have been or the memorial. Only the family members and the community do that. Outsiders like you and me have no say that is worth anything at all.

It is not about you, Marie.

From the looks of it, the FAMILY didn't get a SAY in the Obama (pep rally, political event) they called a, memorial service.

passing out T-shirts with a slogan from a Obama website, cheering the Obama, standing OVATIONS, boos, etc etc

just all around LOW CLASS.

Funny, that's not how the residents of Tucson saw it.

A few excerpts:

Healing words of president a balm to the brokenhearted
Don Roth, also of Tucson, said, "I'm not into politics, but I wanted to be here today when the president arrived. Now it's just about life."

"This happened in our own backyard and it's something you'd never think would happen," Gradillas said. "Innocent human beings lost their lives and what we need is unity."

Unity was evident on the UA Mall earlier in the day as people gathered to scribble messages for the creation of a "chain of expression" that was displayed during the memorial.

"I wanted to show solidarity and support with the rest of the Tucson community, for Congresswoman Giffords and all of the other families," said Linda Shaw, a department head in the College of Education who picked up her two children from school in hopes of seeing President Obama.

Her 14-year-old son Andre's message on the chain of expression read "Stay strong and you will get over this horrible tragedy."

"The fact that he focused on the victims and made it about their lives and the good things they did for this community was great," said Kaitlyin Simpson, a senior in communications. "He put a positive light in Tucson in a time of need."

Tamina Muhammed brought her three sons to McKale to honor Judge John Roll, who was killed in the shooting. The judge presided over her husband's citizenship ceremony.

Earlier, she had taken her boys, Amir, 12 Fahim, 8 and Soufin, 5 to the memorial outside UMC. "Having them see the sad part," she said, "I wanted them to see that good could come out of it, too."

President Obama's speech brought tears to the eyes of many watching at Arizona Stadium, including Lisa Carder, who brought her 9-year-old daughter, Noel, and 2-year-old son, Dalton.

"I like the way he spoke very personally about the victims," said Carder, wiping away tears.

Curt Ench and Mary Alexander said the entire event was special, even standing in line where there was a sense of hope and camaraderie. And the speech delivered what the community needed.

Photos of Tucson Memorial | 3CHICSPOLITICO

And I'm curious what kind of inside information you might have that tells you the families had no input. Can you give us a hint since I'm sure there's no link you can provide verifying that information?

No, Marie, you do not set the standard for what the grieving at Tucson should have been or the memorial. Only the family members and the community do that. Outsiders like you and me have no say that is worth anything at all.

It is not about you, Marie.

From the looks of it, the FAMILY didn't get a SAY in the Obama (pep rally, political event) they called a, memorial service.

passing out T-shirts with a slogan from a Obama website, cheering the Obama, standing OVATIONS, boos, etc etc

A few excerpts:

Don Roth, also of Tucson, said, "I'm not into politics, but I wanted to be here today when the president arrived. Now it's just about life."

"This happened in our own backyard and it's something you'd never think would happen," Gradillas said. "Innocent human beings lost their lives and what we need is unity."

Unity was evident on the UA Mall earlier in the day as people gathered to scribble messages for the creation of a "chain of expression" that was displayed during the memorial.

"I wanted to show solidarity and support with the rest of the Tucson community, for Congresswoman Giffords and all of the other families," said Linda Shaw, a department head in the College of Education who picked up her two children from school in hopes of seeing President Obama.

Her 14-year-old son Andre's message on the chain of expression read "Stay strong and you will get over this horrible tragedy."

"The fact that he focused on the victims and made it about their lives and the good things they did for this community was great," said Kaitlyin Simpson, a senior in communications. "He put a positive light in Tucson in a time of need."

Tamina Muhammed brought her three sons to McKale to honor Judge John Roll, who was killed in the shooting. The judge presided over her husband's citizenship ceremony.

Earlier, she had taken her boys, Amir, 12 Fahim, 8 and Soufin, 5 to the memorial outside UMC. "Having them see the sad part," she said, "I wanted them to see that good could come out of it, too."

President Obama's speech brought tears to the eyes of many watching at Arizona Stadium, including Lisa Carder, who brought her 9-year-old daughter, Noel, and 2-year-old son, Dalton.

"I like the way he spoke very personally about the victims," said Carder, wiping away tears.

Curt Ench and Mary Alexander said the entire event was special, even standing in line where there was a sense of hope and camaraderie. And the speech delivered what the community needed.

And I'm curious what kind of inside information you might have that tells you the families had no input. Can you give us a hint since I'm sure there's no link you can provide verifying that information?

Hmm... nothing in that article mentioned family input or T-shirts.

Civility is cool. I'm gonna watch NBC and read the NY Times today to see if the Left/Democrats are living up to their preaching. I might even visit the ole HuffyPo too. Time for the Left/Democrats to put their money where their mouths are. We'll see i guess.

Yes, so you've said for the third time now. The irony is that the left won't have to keep an eye out for future demonstrations of hatred coming from the right. It's up close and personal every moment of the day. No need to go looking for it.

Civility is cool. I'm gonna watch NBC and read the NY Times today to see if the Left/Democrats are living up to their preaching. I might even visit the ole HuffyPo too. Time for the Left/Democrats to put their money where their mouths are. We'll see i guess.

Yes, so you've said for the third time now. The irony is that the left won't have to keep an eye out for future demonstrations of hatred coming from the right. It's up close and personal every moment of the day. No need to go looking for it.

do you believe hatred exists only on the right?

I usually dress up when attending funerals and memorials to honor the person and their family. What's up with T-shirts and political messages?

It wasn't a funeral. Those came later. And I still fail to see what "political" message was in any of the speeches, including Obama's. Is calling for unity in the face of tragedy a "political message"??? Since when? Hell George Bush even asked that Americans embrace Muslims following the 911 attacks, reminding us that the evil acts of a few shouldn't be used to malign an entire people.

Knowing Jake, I can see how that can happen To be fair, once Jake takes off his "blinders", he might see better :eusa_whistle: Don't worry about Jake or put too much faith in what he say, his signature line is from a guy who drinks his own urine
:eek:

:lol: Neo mocks a man who changed the culture of India, a man who gave his life for his people, a man who inspired MLK and the civil rights campaign in our country. I doubt very much that anyone pays much attention to Neo. :lol:

The truth makes you free. I suppose for some the truth is too hard; might explain why so many want to suppress freedom of speech and thought

No one pays attention as he pays attention.....too funny
:eusa_angel:

Jake
it might be time to pull Mag the Hag out to help you

Speaking of the truth (may be time to put on your tin foil hat Jake)

Civility- the Left calls MSM to apologize & investigate Left-wing hate behind Fuller Who are we kidding,
we all know that is the last thing the Left wing wants.

They failed big time and the last thing they want to do is draw even more attention to their hate and failings.

Of course, if they were truly sincere in their new found call for "civility" then it would be expected that they would
call upon the perpetrators of Left hate in the MSM to apologize. The "call" to the MSM would also help them address
their bias in how it treats events based on politics and victims.

At minimal, they should make people like Paul Krugman watch this video over a hundred times :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPrYZ9wwCv4&feature=player_embedded"]You Tube[/ame]

Second, the Left should call for the MSM to investigate the "climate of hate" that the Left created that could have influenced Eric Fuller.

Fuller, a poor victim of the Jared shootings, was wounded and vulnerable.
Yet, for reasons not fully investigated by the MSM yet, Fuller became violent and threatening to the point
where he has been arrested for threatening the life of Trent Humphries, a local Tea Party leader.

According to reports, Fuller snapped a photo of Humphries and said "you're dead" when Humphries rose to speak at a local forum being sponsored by ABC News.

Fuller was arrested and seeing that he was a Left political activist, authorities sent him to a mental hospital for evaluation.

I am sure it is only a matter of time before the Left calls upon the likes
of Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, Krugman and the MSM to focus their "skills" for
"proving" causation between political speech and violence on this case.

No doubt the MSM will look into whether Humphries was targeted by Fuller because of a widespread campaign to blame Tea Parties for the Tucson shooting, which resulted in Humphries receiving hate mail.

The Left wing hate against Humphries was based on an interview Humphries gave to The Guardian newspaper. The Left wing, not satisfied with damage they have done to our country already, decided to misquote this article and generate a larger "climate of hate".

Did this demonization of Humphries cause a "climate of hate" against Humphries in which Fuller got caught up and was, in effect, used by the Left?

Oddly enough after Fuller's arrest, the MSM now fails to mention the recent campaign of vilification against Humphries or sometimes that he is even a Tea Party Leader.
Funny how that works....

The MSM and the Left politicized the Loughner shooting because his intended victim was a Democrat and therefore assumed political ideas onto Loughner where none existed.

Notice, how in contrast, the MSM and the Left treat Fuller ONLY as someone suffering from mental illness whose politics are irrelevant.
Funny how that works as well...

Again, I'm sure it is only a matter of time before the Democrats call out to the MSM to have their perpetrators of Left hate speech to apologize and fully investigate the left hate behind the Fuller threats.

Indeed, the Democrats do not want to look insincere in their call for "civility"; otherwise, they would look even more like hypocrites for not doing so

More blogbull. "I saws it on da Internets soze it muss be true..."

:lol: Neo mocks a man who changed the culture of India, a man who gave his life for his people, a man who inspired MLK and the civil rights campaign in our country. I doubt very much that anyone pays much attention to Neo. :lol:

The truth makes you free. I suppose for some the truth is too hard; might explain why so many want to suppress freedom of speech and thought

No one pays attention as he pays attention.....too funny
:eusa_angel:

Jake
it might be time to pull Mag the Hag out to help you

Speaking of the truth (may be time to put on your tin foil hat Jake)

Civility- the Left calls MSM to apologize & investigate Left-wing hate behind Fuller Who are we kidding,
we all know that is the last thing the Left wing wants.

They failed big time and the last thing they want to do is draw even more attention to their hate and failings.

Of course, if they were truly sincere in their new found call for "civility" then it would be expected that they would
call upon the perpetrators of Left hate in the MSM to apologize. The "call" to the MSM would also help them address
their bias in how it treats events based on politics and victims.

At minimal, they should make people like Paul Krugman watch this video over a hundred times :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPrYZ9wwCv4&feature=player_embedded"]You Tube[/ame]

Second, the Left should call for the MSM to investigate the "climate of hate" that the Left created that could have influenced Eric Fuller.

Fuller, a poor victim of the Jared shootings, was wounded and vulnerable.
Yet, for reasons not fully investigated by the MSM yet, Fuller became violent and threatening to the point
where he has been arrested for threatening the life of Trent Humphries, a local Tea Party leader.

According to reports, Fuller snapped a photo of Humphries and said "you're dead" when Humphries rose to speak at a local forum being sponsored by ABC News.

Fuller was arrested and seeing that he was a Left political activist, authorities sent him to a mental hospital for evaluation.

I am sure it is only a matter of time before the Left calls upon the likes
of Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, Krugman and the MSM to focus their "skills" for
"proving" causation between political speech and violence on this case.

No doubt the MSM will look into whether Humphries was targeted by Fuller because of a widespread campaign to blame Tea Parties for the Tucson shooting, which resulted in Humphries receiving hate mail.

The Left wing hate against Humphries was based on an interview Humphries gave to The Guardian newspaper. The Left wing, not satisfied with damage they have done to our country already, decided to misquote this article and generate a larger "climate of hate".

Did this demonization of Humphries cause a "climate of hate" against Humphries in which Fuller got caught up and was, in effect, used by the Left?

Oddly enough after Fuller's arrest, the MSM now fails to mention the recent campaign of vilification against Humphries or sometimes that he is even a Tea Party Leader.
Funny how that works....

The MSM and the Left politicized the Loughner shooting because his intended victim was a Democrat and therefore assumed political ideas onto Loughner where none existed.

Notice, how in contrast, the MSM and the Left treat Fuller ONLY as someone suffering from mental illness whose politics are irrelevant.
Funny how that works as well...

Again, I'm sure it is only a matter of time before the Democrats call out to the MSM to have their perpetrators of Left hate speech to apologize and fully investigate the left hate behind the Fuller threats.

Indeed, the Democrats do not want to look insincere in their call for "civility"; otherwise, they would look even more like hypocrites for not doing so

More blogbull. "I saws it on da Internets soze it muss be true..."

Mag the Hag

Not a blog at all , just my opinion on the issue

Good to the see the far left believes in civility (one way)

To mourn a loss is not "thriving" at all. Mourning is to feel deep sorrow and regret. To thrive is to make steady progress, move forward. (sounds "progressive" to me) ??

My mom was almost violently murdered when I was 16 years old. Our family/friends didn't get together and make T-shirts about standing together and "thriving". We were shocked and horrified. It changed our lives.

My mom passed away from cancer in 2005. Our family/friends had no inkling of a thought of making any type of t-shirt about standing together and "thriving". We were grieving, and still do.

Bible says it best: "Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn." (Matthew 12)

Between the time of the shooting in Tucson and the memorial, there had been three days of grieving. Then a simple two hours of memorializing the victims and the living. Thereafter came the mourning by family and friends of those who died at their funerals. I'm sorry for your personal loss, but you're comparing applies and oranges. Do you try to make a similar comparison when people set flowers, cards and messages at the side of the road where a person died in a car crash? That also symbolizes the living "coming together" to memorialize the victim.

Coming together in the face of tragedy was the unifying message. I didn't choose the particular slogan for the message, and neither did Obama. Why have I been surprised that, as usual, you people are eager to shoot the messenger? That just dawned on me!!

I usually dress up when attending funerals and memorials to honor the person and their family. What's up with T-shirts and political messages?

It wasn't a funeral. Those came later. And I still fail to see what "political" message was in any of the speeches, including Obama's. Is calling for unity in the face of tragedy a "political message"??? Since when? Hell George Bush even asked that Americans embrace Muslims following the 911 attacks, reminding us that the evil acts of a few shouldn't be used to malign an entire people.

Well of course you can't see
You are blind to the truth

At least with anything that involves Papa Obama....

Polls are coming in on how well the President, Palin, and the media handled the tragedy in public.

78% plus for Obama
30% for Palin
53% for media

Nuff said. Far right, listen up: get in line and get left when the train leaves the station.

Unsubscribe.

Between the time of the shooting in Tucson and the memorial, there had been three days of grieving. Then a simple two hours of memorializing the victims and the living. Thereafter came the mourning by family and friends of those who died at their funerals. I'm sorry for your personal loss, but you're comparing applies and oranges. Do you try to make a similar comparison when people set flowers, cards and messages at the side of the road where a person died in a car crash? That also symbolizes the living "coming together" to memorialize the victim.

Coming together in the face of tragedy was the unifying message. I didn't choose the particular slogan for the message, and neither did Obama. Why have I been surprised that, as usual, you people are eager to shoot the messenger? That just dawned on me!!

go the bathroom and this will be the second original thing you did today

The polls refute you. No need to talk to you more.

Polls are coming in on how well the President, Palin, and the media handled the tragedy in public.

78% plus for Obama
30% for Palin
53% for media

Nuff said. Far right, listen up: get in line and get left when the train leaves the station.

Unsubscribe.

Sure you did... isn't that what you said 300 post ago?

so polls are now facts to you? any poll? or only those polls that fit your world view?

A few excerpts:

Hmm... nothing in that article mentioned family input or T-shirts.

That's because nobody thought about the t-shirts as being political except the right!!! What part of that aren't you getting? As for family input, I never said they had any one way or another. See Stephanie. She's got all that inside information.

do you believe hatred exists only on the right?

No, of course not. But Libapocalypse is being ridiculously hypocritical, as usual.

So we take it you are no longer "unsubscribe" ?
:lol:
Thanks for proving my point. Of course, it is strange how you were speaking for Maggie...or was it Jake this time

Too bad you won't see this because you are in "unsubscribe" status

Your poll does not address the civility issue at all

Since the majority of Americans don't believe that the shooting was not political
that must make you happy as well

If 53% handled it well and the majority don't believe there is a political connection
Gives me hope!

It appears that the MSM big networks and the "Gray Lady" have even less influence since that is
template they ran with.....

Thanks Jake for helping to make that connection

Last edited:

Forum List

Back