Surprise! Universities will raise tuition in response to Biden's "loan forgiveness" scam

File this under: "Things a five-year old could have seen coming"

Republicans will have A LOT of work to do cleaning up the Biden disaster.

• Joe Biden isn’t forgiving student loan debt, he’s subsidizing college tuition. This one-time giveaway is only going to raise tuition for future generations,” Mike Pompeo, former CIA director and U.S. Secretary of State, said on Twitter.
  • Several experts told Fox Business that Biden’s plan is expected to cause an incline in college tuition prices and actually add to the inflation crisis.
  • “Students will likely feel liberated to borrow more money on the assumption of future loan forgiveness, and universities will take advantage of the additional borrowing by raising tuition,” said Brian Riedl, a senior fellow in budget, tax and economic policy at the Manhattan Institute.
  • “This is pretty similar to the fact that historically 60% of all student aid increases have been captured with tuition hikes, and this will be treated like an increase in student aid moving forward, which suggests that 60% will be countered by tuition hikes.”

Not to worry. Future democrats can forgive current loans too. In fact, Democrats want free education for everyone and that can just get charged off to Uncle Sam.

• Joe Biden isn’t forgiving student loan debt, he’s subsidizing college tuition. This one-time giveaway is only going to raise tuition for future generations,” Mike Pompeo, former CIA director and U.S. Secretary of State, said on Twitter.
  • Several experts told Fox Business that Biden’s plan is expected to cause an incline in college tuition prices and actually add to the inflation crisis.
  • “Students will likely feel liberated to borrow more money on the assumption of future loan forgiveness, and universities will take advantage of the additional borrowing by raising tuition,” said Brian Riedl, a senior fellow in budget, tax and economic policy at the Manhattan Institute.
  • “This is pretty similar to the fact that historically 60% of all student aid increases have been captured with tuition hikes, and this will be treated like an increase in student aid moving forward, which suggests that 60% will be countered by tuition hikes.”

Just one more way to line their pockets on the taxpayer dime...

This all started in the late 90s. The number of non-college material students, tuition fees, and Adminstative staff exploded immediately. Easily 30% more students from one semester to the next and also book prices went up by 30%-ish.

You'd figure that college football would pay for all of this with the billions of dollars it brings in.

Why would they. They're part of the corrupt college system ie admins, president, emeritus, regents, etc. Its a racket but the fine print is on the back of the note. Its not difficult to take time to read it. Personally, I worked two jobs, about 60-80 hours a week, and paid off my tuition at the end of each semester. I owed nothing when I graduated but it took me two extra years to do it.

College professors should make a nice income. Paying football and basketball coaches tens of millions of dollars a year at a state university should be a non-starter. The costs are great, the impact on the students is negligible, and most importantly the facade that the money spent is an investment in the university has been proven to be laughable
Most football programs pay for themselves and then some. A liberal arts degree just cost the student and now is costing tax payers.

Be honest here. Colleges are not saying they will raise tuition costs. People on Fox News are.

It all started with Clinton and government backed student loans.

I had 2..and 1/2 years in at the time? So I saw it all go down.

It was one way..and then it was another. It went downhill in a hurry.

Even did a semester during a break just to GTFO there.

Before Clinton did what he did, I could pay for my books with a part time job and afford gas to get there and food and everything. Also, there were 1/3 of the number of "students" on campus for 2 1/2 years and then they came from everywhere. They did away with the exam I took to enter from what I understand.

Last edited:

That was a nice helpful thing to do by the colleges! What many seem to want is less education in a world that is becoming automated, or jobs sent over seas. The money always seems to win.

Most football programs pay for themselves and then some. A liberal arts degree just cost the student and now is costing tax payers.
Great? footballers running the nation, but controlled by the big money, due to no actual knowledge of government necessary for football players

Better than the people with liberal arts degrees ruining our country now.

I'd be willing to bet two things. You do not even understand what a liberal arts degree is, and very few with them are in positions of power.

When it's time to enter the job market, liberal arts majors have a huge array of possibilities available to them, including many in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and business.

What is a Liberal Arts Degree and What Can You Do With It?.

I'd be willing to bet two things. You do not even understand what a liberal arts degree is, and very few with them are in positions of power.

When it's time to enter the job market, liberal arts majors have a huge array of possibilities available to them, including many in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) and business.

What is a Liberal Arts Degree and What Can You Do With It?.
Then why do they expect the tax payers to pay their student loans off?

Forum List

Back