Surprise in Wisconsin Judge Election!

The funniest part of this story?

That all the nuts on the Right who were chomping at the old bit to launch into an election fraud!!! frenzy if Prosser lost

suddenly had to do a gut busting 180 into election fraud??!!! Out of the question!!!!!!!!!!!!

No whats really damn funny is how the Unions and Left failed at Election fraud that's whats funny. I believe that's called getting Schooled.

Sounds like a complete crushing defeat and repudiation of the Union's message.

Yeah because when you beat someone by 30 pts. 2 months ago, and then squeak by in the general, that's a sign you won the argument in between?

funny

Hey don't cry at the messenger its was the voter's who repudiated the Union's attempt at hostage taking.

You are clueless about the political realities of this situation.

Sorry, folks, but many are misreading this election as anything other than a validation of how closely this nation is split.

And....how badly the right played their cards: if the governor had accepted the fact that the union had given in immediately on the financial side, and negotiated the collective bargaining aspect, this would have been a landslide for the gov.

The election simply means that the right needs to win over the middle, not hammer the opposition: that would make them indistinguishable from the Left.

Sorry, folks, but many are misreading this election as anything other than a validation of how closely this nation is split.

And....how badly the right played their cards: if the governor had accepted the fact that the union had given in immediately on the financial side, and negotiated the collective bargaining aspect, this would have been a landslide for the gov.

The election simply means that the right needs to win over the middle, not hammer the opposition: that would make them indistinguishable from the Left.

Sadly you are entirely correct our Nation is as split today as it was 1861 Politics has become an entirely Divisive affair no mercy, no holding back. One can call the results anyway they see fit but the bottom line remains our nation sits close to 50/50 on pretty much every issue, this is just one more example of that fact.

The Republican-appointed election official was using her own computer system instead of the state's. The results were tabulated in...wait for it now...

Microsoft Access!

And she claims she "Failed to save" the data. Lol...of course you did!

The numbers were verified by the county Democratic Party Chairwoman....

Are you calling her a liar?

Wait a minute...the Access database I use (and I work for county government so it is an OLD version) saves on exit...:eusa_eh:

As you enter the information the data is saved in the tables automatically. Now if you import data the fields must jive or you have problems and it appears to me that someone altered the original spreadsheet sent out and this could account for the data not being imported into the correct field. But before importing someone should have checked to see if spreadsheets had been altered. They should have protected the format of the spreadsheet to begin with anyway! The error is feasible but it should never have happened and could have been prevented.

Now you got wonder, did they double count some votes?

Well, long before any of that someone should have been asking why this lady was keeping election data on a single computer...in Microsoft ACCESS. The one redeeming quality of ACCESS is that anyone, anywhere, on any post-Commodore 64 computer can ACCESS it.

Are you saying you're dumb enough to NOT put a database password on your Access databases??...

Remind me not to have you work on anything important....

Meh He said she said... Car trunk vs "secure facility" This was Al Franken's campaign. I'll go with car trunk.

Actually it is FACTS versus a LIE told on FAUX. It was not Franken's campaign, but the MN Elections Director. Fox banks on you believing the lie, even in the face of the facts. What is amazing is that they are right (Fox that is) and you DO believe the lies...

I believe what I can substantiate with facts. Like I said, the votes in trunk thing is a "he said/ she said" situation. I did not see overwhelming evidence either way so I "believe" neither story.
My opinion, however is based on past performance and experience, In my experience, Al Franken, MSM hacks and democrats in general aren't to be trusted. I'm going with car trunk until proven wrong.

And yet yesterday when the results were in the favor of kloppenburg the right said this had nothing to do with and was not a referendum, so it's kind of funny how easilly the right flip flops when votes from a city, whose county clerk once worked with prosser, were "found". LOL

The sad thing is that if this had happened in a left leaning county you know the right would screaming foul and wouldn't shut up about it.

and they'd be wrong, too.

as an aside, what kind of genius declares victory, based on an unofficial vote count, that shows a 200 vote lead out of a million plus votes cast? :lol:

One that really shouldn't be a state SC judge....

:eek:

Ya lost, better luck next time in fucking over the state budget and causing a collapse of America as we know it.

Hope and Change!!

Really? Wisconsin state matters are going to cause the collapse of America as we know it? What an incredibly stupid thing to say.

How people vote isn't quite so important as how people count the votes.

Is this election rigged?

We'll never know.

Just like in every other election, I note.

You know what's funny about this thread? NOTHING!!!

With the exception of one or two voices of reason, everyone in here is hyped up on conspiracy theory juice. Really? That's what the political discourse of this country has come down to? You all can't see anything but a God damned conspiracy theory in everything. When you make your wheaties in the morning for breakfast and your milk turns out to be sour, you people probably think it's a fucking conspiracy to fool you into voting against the side that's been endorsed by the dairy farmer's association.

"Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus (R) has announced sharply amended totals for her county in the Supreme Court race from Tuesday night -- saying that she had inadvertently failed to properly import and save data into a Microsoft Access database, omitting the numbers from the city of Brookfield and its over 14,000 votes. And as such, according to Nickolaus's new totals, Justice David Prosser has gained a net 7,582 votes -- overcoming the razor-thin lead of liberal-backed challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg, who had already declared victory on Wednesday.

We have now verified all the results, and are confident that they have been properly reported to the Government Accountability Board."

Waukesha Clerk Announces Votes For Prosser: 'I'm Thankful That This Error Was Caught Early' | TPMDC

"The announcement dashes the hopes of labor activists hoping to repudiate Gov. Scott Walker's anti-union policies by electing a liberal judge to the Wisconsin Supreme Court. "
The most important news and commentary to read right now. - The Slatest - Slate Magazine

SURPRISE!!! :eusa_eh:

None of you Liberals minded in that recent election where the Democrat won because election officials kept finding more votes in the trunks of their cars.

That is a blatant LIE, spread by Fox (not so much) "News" and tick-tac brain Sean Hannity.

But as MinnPost’s David Brauer reported yesterday: the story of the 32 absentee ballots is flat wrong. He called up Minneapolis election director Cindy Reichert to get the facts. She (Pawlenty during two Fox appearances in as many days called her “he”) attests the car-ballot story is “just not true”: She never had the ballots in her car — nor were they in anyone’s car for several days — and they were kept in secure facilities between election day and vote counting. It was Coleman’s attorney, Fritz Knaak, who told reporters, “We were actually told ballots had been riding around in her car for several days, which raised all kinds of integrity questions.” From there, the Wall Street Journal picked up on it and reported it as fact; similar to Hannity’s on-screen graphic (shown above), the error appeared in a story headlined “Mischief in Minnesota?”

Fox, with Pawlenty’s help, continues spreading car-ballot fiction | Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

This was not 32 votes, but 14,000?!?

There is NO WAY that Hannity would report false rumors....is there? :eusa_eh:

None of you Liberals minded in that recent election where the Democrat won because election officials kept finding more votes in the trunks of their cars.

That is a blatant LIE, spread by Fox (not so much) "News" and tick-tac brain Sean Hannity.

But as MinnPost’s David Brauer reported yesterday: the story of the 32 absentee ballots is flat wrong. He called up Minneapolis election director Cindy Reichert to get the facts. She (Pawlenty during two Fox appearances in as many days called her “he”) attests the car-ballot story is “just not true”: She never had the ballots in her car — nor were they in anyone’s car for several days — and they were kept in secure facilities between election day and vote counting. It was Coleman’s attorney, Fritz Knaak, who told reporters, “We were actually told ballots had been riding around in her car for several days, which raised all kinds of integrity questions.” From there, the Wall Street Journal picked up on it and reported it as fact; similar to Hannity’s on-screen graphic (shown above), the error appeared in a story headlined “Mischief in Minnesota?”

Fox, with Pawlenty’s help, continues spreading car-ballot fiction | Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

This was not 32 votes, but 14,000?!?

There is NO WAY that Hannity would report false rumors....is there? :eusa_eh:

081108-franken-theft4s.jpg

Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over the Top in Minnesota, Study Finds - FoxNews.com

LOL Never get's old does it

How people vote isn't quite so important as how people count the votes.

Is this election rigged?

We'll never know.

Just like in every other election, I note.

How illustrative is it or your base of thought that it's Stalin you use as your guru.

"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes." (Josef Stalin)

This reminds me of a Texas Election back in the 48 when Lyndon Johnson was running for office and the then judge and sheriff found 200 votresand Duval county was late turning in their votes 100% for Lyndon and guess what, the court house burned down that night along with all the vote. There was a guy names Parr, I think that because known as the Duke of Duval after that, did very well financially with Lyndon in the office.

This crap is not new.

Yeah because when you beat someone by 30 pts. 2 months ago, and then squeak by in the general, that's a sign you won the argument in between?

funny

The point is that this election was as high a profile election as a presidential election because of what's at stake. The media, the unions trying their best to sway the voters of Wi. With all the grandstanding from both sides, it seems that the conservatives did indeed win.
This wasn't a game of horseshoes, grenades, or even napalm where you just have to be close. The win was a win, inch or a mile....it still counts.

The Republican-appointed election official was using her own computer system instead of the state's. The results were tabulated in...wait for it now...

Microsoft Access!

And she claims she "Failed to save" the data. Lol...of course you did!

It wasn't on her personal computer where the mistake was made, 8537

Forum List

Back