Sure, they're human...

What natural resource do we need to screw them out of?

If they have one?

Their society is doomed.

The video was clear - loggers.

Yeah guilty.

I didn't watch the video.

Well, if history is our guide, then if there's money to be made destroying an aboriginal culture, that culture is doomed.

Agreed?

Hell!~ For that matter, if there's money to be made destroying a 1st world culture, that culture is doomed, so let's not kid ourselves, shall we?

That is exactly what's happening to our Western Civililized culture, right now!

That's true.

The only thing scarier than survival of the most fit corporation is survival of the most fit nation.

From being shot or attacked, of course. From actually being exposed to the rest of the world, no. They deserve the same protections that all people deserve - life and freedom. They deserve the right to make choices but not to be isolated to the point they are not even really contacted.

Why should they be 'contacted'. Stop trying to 'help' them. Protect them by keeping the loggers away from their forest and leave them in peace. Not hard.

From being shot or attacked, of course. From actually being exposed to the rest of the world, no. They deserve the same protections that all people deserve - life and freedom. They deserve the right to make choices but not to be isolated to the point they are not even really contacted.

Why should they be 'contacted'. Stop trying to 'help' them. Protect them by keeping the loggers away from their forest and leave them in peace. Not hard.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?! I never said they should be contacted. I said they should not be protected from being contacted. I have no idea why someone would want to contact them. Maybe they want to test if they are cannibals or not. Who cares why. I just have no vested interest in protecting them from such. The video hits without outright saying it that they need some sort of vaunted protections because they are isolated. I don't see why they have such a need. The only protections that they should receive is the same that all people should receive - the right not to be murdered. If there are loggers shooting them for their land, that needs to stop. Other than that, they are on their own.

As they likely are reproductively isolated from the rest of the humans, how do we know that they are not a different species with whom we are unable to reproduce?

Wow, you are really desperate for a date, huh?

:clap2:

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?! I never said they should be contacted. I said they should not be protected from being contacted. I have no idea why someone would want to contact them. Maybe they want to test if they are cannibals or not. Who cares why. I just have no vested interest in protecting them from such. The video hits without outright saying it that they need some sort of vaunted protections because they are isolated. I don't see why they have such a need. The only protections that they should receive is the same that all people should receive - the right not to be murdered. If there are loggers shooting them for their land, that needs to stop. Other than that, they are on their own.

You both have a call to activity... 'Protect them by keeping the loggers away...' / 'If there are loggers shooting them for their land, that needs to stop.'

Do we, who live so far away, have any active obligations or responsibilities?

Ass-u-me-ing we could speak with some sort of collective voice, do we have the right to demand that the guys trying to make a living cutting trees in the Amazon stop?

Do cultures have a right to exist? Our history says no and economic development wins - at least so far.

:dunno: Are we willing to afford the government required to protect the cultures and people who cannot afford to protect themselves?

we protect wild animals.......

are people less important?

Yes.

Look at how are religious communities treat each other. These poor people stand no chance of survival.

Look at how our corporations treat us. They stand no chance.

Look at how our government treats it's citizens. They stand no chance.

Look at how we treat each other. They are FUBARed.

Yes.

Look at how are religious communities treat each other. These poor people stand no chance of survival.

From a historical perspective, human resources are cheap - at least until the little bastards are allowed to form a government that's effective enough to start demanding things like weekends and reasonable pay.

Yes.

From a historical perspective, human resources are cheap - at least until the little bastards are allowed to form a government that's effective enough to start demanding things like weekends and reasonable pay.

People are like Chips...They'll make more.

Yes.

All life on this planet is cheap and the cheapest is the human life. A sad side effect of being blessed with a planet of abundance.

All life on this planet is cheap and the cheapest is the human life. A sad side effect of being blessed with a planet of abundance.

Funny isn't it. We are blessed with a planet of abundance and we let a select few dictate to us how much it will cost us to use that abundance.:(

Joe opines:

That's true.

The only thing scarier than survival of the most fit corporation is survival of the most fit nation.

Internationalist corporations agree with that sentiment 100%, ya know.

They see nations as threatening not only to their dominance over the globe, but a real threat to its survival, too.

That is why, I believe that the longer term agenda of internationalists is really the end (or perhaps just the defanging) of nation states.

I expect by the end of this century nations will have about as much power to decide their fates as STATES in the USA have now.

And ya know sometimes I actually think the internationalists might be right on the button, too.

Nation states are a threat to all of mankind.

But I am not at all sure that international corporations won't be just as bad, either.

Time will tell but I won't be here to see it.

Funny isn't it. We are blessed with a planet of abundance and we let a select few dictate to us how much it will cost us to use that abundance.:(

A sad side effect of building a society on millions of years of 'Survival of the most fit'.

The good news is that it's better for us than it was for our fellow peasants 300 years ago and, in no small thanks to the concept behind 'America', should be even better in the generations to come. A rare Sentient World is poised to be born on a fairly common living planet. As with all births, it's both exciting and painful.

I hope some of the forest societies and their wild spaces survive... we can certainly afford to keep them.

Joe opines:

That's true.

Internationalist corporations agree with that sentiment 100%, ya know.

They see nations as threatening not only to their dominance over the globe, but a real threat to its survival, too.

That is why, I believe that the longer term agenda of internationalists is really the end (or perhaps just the defanging) of nation states.

I expect by the end of this century nations will have about as much power to decide their fates as STATES in the USA have now.

And ya know sometimes I actually think the internationalists might be right on the button, too.

Nation states are a threat to all of mankind.

But I am not at all sure that international corporations won't be just as bad, either.

Time will tell but I won't be here to see it.

The trick is having all the teeth in the hands of a professional military that answers to a democratically selected authority that represents as many people as possible.

Even having several professional military organizations answering to several democratically selected authorities will work in this new age of instant information.

The smaller the concentration of power allowed to hire and maintain a military, the more trouble for their neighbors. Corporate use of military resources MUST be curtailed.

But if they aren't contacted doesn't that guarantee they'll go to hell? Wouldn't that be best for their eternal souls?

There's obviously no way they've ever heard of Jesus or the christian view of God.

Forum List

Back