Supreme court strikes down law banning use of facebook by registered sex offenders

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
The Supreme Court unanimously struck down a North Carolina law that bars the use of commercial social networking sites, including Facebook, by registered sex offenders. A lower court upheld the law, but lawyers for Lester Gerard Packingham — who is a registered sex offender — say it is too broad and swept in their client even though his Facebook posting concerned the fact that his parking ticket was dismissed.
Supreme Court strikes down law banning use of Facebook by registered sex offenders
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you don't really need facebook for this, a computer maybe since everything is online but facebook.

Well dont' worry soon enough the retard liberals will attach child molesters to the LGBT bs, so it's legal. Then the LGBT will despise the radical antifa freaks too lol

Last edited:
There's a long tradition of the Supreme Court making unanimous decisions on First Amendment issues so there can be no question in anyone's mind that the First Amendment is up for grabs, subject to the whims of who is on the court, Democrat or Republican, liberal or conservative.

The Supreme Court unanimously struck down a North Carolina law that bars the use of commercial social networking sites, including Facebook, by registered sex offenders. A lower court upheld the law, but lawyers for Lester Gerard Packingham — who is a registered sex offender — say it is too broad and swept in their client even though his Facebook posting concerned the fact that his parking ticket was dismissed.
Supreme Court strikes down law banning use of Facebook by registered sex offenders
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you don't really need facebook for this, a computer maybe since everything is online but facebook.

Well dont' worry soon enough the retard liberals will attach child molesters to the LGBT bs, so it's legal. Then the LGBT will despise the radical antifa freaks too lol
You dumb fucks sure fought hard for Gorsuch to be able to cast his vote in this one. I figured you'd feel good about it!

I know this is slightly off-topic but it has to do with first amendment rights and abuse of judicial power.

Three Muslim boys (ages 7, 10 and 14) anally and orally raped a 5-year old girl and urinated on her. All three entered guilty pleas. The judge reduced the charges from rape to sexually lewd conduct and sentenced them to probation. The sentence shocked those in attendance but what happened next was something I never heard of before:

“Now, following a sentencing hearing Monday at the Snake River Juvenile Detention Center in Twin Falls, Judge Thomas Borresen of Idaho’s 5th Judicial District issued a gag order preventing everyone in the courtroom from saying anything about the sentence received by the boys.

“Borresen did allow the family to say they were unhappy with the sentencing, but threatened to jail them for contempt of court if they say why they are unhappy.”

http://www.wnd.com/2017/06/news-blackout-on-refugee-boys-who-sexually-assaulted-idaho-girl/

Gag orders may be issued during the pendency of a trial and to prevent releasing the identity of an underage defendant; however, no judge has the right to prevent someone from criticizing the verdict he renders. The judge's order is a flagrant violation of the constitutional rights of all those present in the court. Threatening to jail those who criticize his decision is sufficient cause to remove him from the bench. I hope those involved take a stand against this judicial tyranny. If I had been in that courtroom I would have challenged his threat by speaking to the press. I would have told all my friend about it and encouraged them to write letters to the editor. Then I would sit back and hope the judge would try to make good on his threats. If he did, he would quickly go from being a judge to being a defendant. Of course, that trial would be highly publicized and everyone would know about the verdict he tried so hard to keep secret.

We shouldn't take away a registered sex offender's Facebook access, we should be locking them up in prison, or stringing them up if their crimes were heinous enough.
Amen to this! Their access to Face Book or any other online feature should be so far down the list of concerns that no one would ever get to it!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

We shouldn't take away a registered sex offender's Facebook access, we should be locking them up in prison, or stringing them up if their crimes were heinous enough.
Amen to this! Their access to Face Book or any other online feature should be so far down the list of concerns that no one would ever get to it!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

There are a lot of different ways someone can become a registered sex offender. I've read about people put on sex offender lists for small age gaps, a 13-year-old and 12-year-old registered as sex offenders for having sex with each other, a 15-year-old registered for posting nude photos of herself......sex offender lists are not just filled with violent rapists or pedophiles. The idea that anyone on a sex offender list should be in prison or killed is silly IMO.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

There are a lot of different ways someone can become a registered sex offender. I've read about people put on sex offender lists for small age gaps, a 13-year-old and 12-year-old registered as sex offenders for having sex with each other, a 15-year-old registered for posting nude photos of herself......sex offender lists are not just filled with violent rapists or pedophiles. The idea that anyone on a sex offender list should be in prison or killed is silly IMO.

Just to give an example of how poorly made sex offender laws can be, here's an article about a convicted sex offender moving next door to his victim, and doing so legally:
Convicted sex offender moves next door to his victim. And it's perfectly legal - CNN.com

^^^ Well I have heard it said that its a smart move to keep your friends close and your enemies close, so maybe such an arrangement isn't so bad.

God bless you and the guy's victim always!!!

Holly

^^^ Well I have heard it said that its a smart move to keep your friends close and your enemies close, so maybe such an arrangement isn't so bad.

God bless you and the guy's victim always!!!

Holly

That's......kind of horrible, actually. A really poor excuse for badly-made law.

The man can't live near a school, but he can live next door to his victim. That's just crazy, IMO. I also think it's indicative of the haphazard way these laws have been put together.

Forum List

Back