Supreme Court fails to correct Fourth Circuit's imposition of Islam

Supreme Court rejects case of Christian teen forced to write Islamic conversion prayer
10/25/19
Lauren Green

Excerpt:

One of the religious liberty cases the Supreme Court Justices won't be hearing this term is the issue of Maryland High School student Caleigh Wood, who refused to take part in a school assignment to write the Islamic conversion prayer that states “… there is no god but Allah,” because she believed it directly contradicted her Christian faith.

[. . .]

Thompson said that on top of getting an F in the class, Wood was also made to watch a pro-Islam “PowerPoint presentation that denigrated her religion and basically said that Christians are not as faithful as Muslims. So we strongly believed that this was a violation.”

Supreme Court rejects case of Christian teen forced to write Islamic conversion prayer
Another reason why universal school choice is the only solution consistent with natural and constitutional law.
Wrong.

“The Fourth Circuit held that the challenged coursework materials, viewed in the context in which they were presented, did not violate the student's First Amendment rights, because they did not impermissibly endorse any religion and did not compel the student to profess any belief. Accordingly, the court affirmed the district court's grant of summary judgment to defendants.”

Wood v. Arnold, No. 18-1430 (4th Cir. 2019)

The above link also contains the actual ruling by the 4th Circuit, explaining why you’re wrong.

Awesome. So in the month of December when I give my room over to all holiday music my case got even stronger. That includes, of course, Silent Night, which has no overt confession of faith, and has strong cultural background.

And none of you better holler or cry about it either.

yes---the supreme court has decided that muslim students can be FORCED
(on penalty of flunking) to sing christmas carols no matter what the content
thereof

Yes indeed, as long as the music program is balanced. Mine is, and not just because it "has to" be. I teach Middle Eastern music because it's lovely, most notably we learn the Dabke dance and the song Ala Delona. We also learn Ragupati Raghav Raja Ram a Hindu chant. We learn music from all over the world in fact.

There is another choice besides public school...

For whom? The wealthy? Where is that in the Constitution? Where in the Constitution do you find the notion that only the wealthy are guaranteed ideological liberty and free association? Where in the Constitutional does it say that only the parental consent and authority of the wealthy is protected because they have fatter wallets?
Hey what makes your dumbass think that public school is free?

The best that I can glean from the internet is that this girl was in a world history class and couldn't fill in the blank on a quiz about what Muslims believe. I seriously doubt that this was any attempt to impose anyone's beliefs on anyone else. I wish the course curriculum was available, but the Fourth Circuit apparently did review it. There is no information on what other faiths were studied in this class, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, etc.

It is a major mistake, which keeps being repeated over and over again, to confuse "promotion" of a certain idea, person, whatever, with a simple statement that such a thing exists and a person should have a certain level of familiarity with it as part of a well-rounded education.

It is ironic that some people complain about the "promotion" of a particular religion and then turn around and complain that their own particular religion is not being promoted.

The public-school system is being provided by the taxpayers as a gift to all children and parents, regardless of background or faith. It is ridiculous to expect that taxpayers then foot the bill as well for all of those who do not like what is being offered to them for free and demand their own alternatives.

you think? you actually believe that it was a "fill in the blank" and some insane
person considered it a promotion of a religion?

Actually, yes. The articles on this (more on the internet) were poorly done, and contained no facts, background, or context. It took some digging to find out that the Fourth Circuit actually reviewed the disputed materials before ruling. Apparently this is a survey course. There is no logical reason for a high school in the suburbs to be "promoting" Islam or anything else.

For the last decade at least, a group of intellectually-challenged morons calling themselves "Christians" have been whining, complaining, exaggerating to a ridiculous degree, and undermining both their own credibility and the dignity of the Christian faith, all to call attention to themselves. They exaggerate constantly, five becomes 50, mentioning that someone else exists equates with promotion, mentioning anything to do with sex equates with telling students to go at it in the middle of a busy intersection. They scream "persecution!" whenever they are told that the same rules apply to them that apply to everyone else. I think that this is another attention-grabber.

The best that I can glean from the internet is that this girl was in a world history class and couldn't fill in the blank on a quiz about what Muslims believe. I seriously doubt that this was any attempt to impose anyone's beliefs on anyone else. I wish the course curriculum was available, but the Fourth Circuit apparently did review it. There is no information on what other faiths were studied in this class, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, etc.

It is a major mistake, which keeps being repeated over and over again, to confuse "promotion" of a certain idea, person, whatever, with a simple statement that such a thing exists and a person should have a certain level of familiarity with it as part of a well-rounded education.

It is ironic that some people complain about the "promotion" of a particular religion and then turn around and complain that their own particular religion is not being promoted.

The public-school system is being provided by the taxpayers as a gift to all children and parents, regardless of background or faith. It is ridiculous to expect that taxpayers then foot the bill as well for all of those who do not like what is being offered to them for free and demand their own alternatives.

you think? you actually believe that it was a "fill in the blank" and some insane
person considered it a promotion of a religion?

Actually, yes. The articles on this (more on the internet) were poorly done, and contained no facts, background, or context. It took some digging to find out that the Fourth Circuit actually reviewed the disputed materials before ruling. Apparently this is a survey course. There is no logical reason for a high school in the suburbs to be "promoting" Islam or anything else.

For the last decade at least, a group of intellectually-challenged morons calling themselves "Christians" have been whining, complaining, exaggerating to a ridiculous degree, and undermining both their own credibility and the dignity of the Christian faith, all to call attention to themselves. They exaggerate constantly, five becomes 50, mentioning that someone else exists equates with promotion, mentioning anything to do with sex equates with telling students to go at it in the middle of a busy intersection. They scream "persecution!" whenever they are told that the same rules apply to them that apply to everyone else. I think that this is another attention-grabber.

ya think? I still don't know

There is another choice besides public school...

For whom? The wealthy? Where is that in the Constitution? Where in the Constitution do you find the notion that only the wealthy are guaranteed ideological liberty and free association? Where in the Constitutional does it say that only the parental consent and authority of the wealthy is protected because they have fatter wallets?

that's why the religious have their "own" ... church, ringtone. though the modern churches are not exactly bullworks against poverty or the inclusion of the the unfortunate through their doors. and have histories of exclusion including persecution and victimization of the innocent.

religion has no place in education as no religion qualifies as a verifiable, sound subject matter.

10/25/19
Lauren Green

Excerpt:

One of the religious liberty cases the Supreme Court Justices won't be hearing this term is the issue of Maryland High School student Caleigh Wood, who refused to take part in a school assignment to write the Islamic conversion prayer that states “… there is no god but Allah,” because she believed it directly contradicted her Christian faith.

[. . .]

Thompson said that on top of getting an F in the class, Wood was also made to watch a pro-Islam “PowerPoint presentation that denigrated her religion and basically said that Christians are not as faithful as Muslims. So we strongly believed that this was a violation.”

Another reason why universal school choice is the only solution consistent with natural and constitutional law.
There's your religious freedom, snowflake. Blame the American Taliban for this one.

getting back to the SHEHADA ---that some kid claimed he was required to write (???) a point of interest is that HISTORICALLY saying or writing the
"shehada" constitutes CONVERSION TO ISLAM BY ISLAMIC LAW. .
In fact-----being BAPTIZED constituted conversion to Christianity in the
HOLEY ROMAN EMPIRE by canon law. It is a serious matter to some people.
Historically children who were baptized as babies could be CONFISCATED
by the church------in some places ---here and there and persons who did the
Shehada thing could be prosecuted as APOSTATE if their recitation was witnessed
by a muslim---in some places here and there. Reports of FORCED CONVERSION
by young girls from places like south east Asia------are just that

Aside from the nonsense of talking about the public education system as a gift, that's why the only correct solution per natural and constitutional law is a system that provides for universal school choice! The Bill of Rights are not electives. They go to inalienable, natural rights that can neither be given nor taken away by the state. They can only be suppressed by the state via the tyranny of the mob or the oligarchy.

The mob rule of the majority or the self-anointed rule of the oligarchy? Is that your solution?

See post: Revisions and Divisions: the subversion of the principle of the separation of church and state

Last edited:
Or keep ALL religion out of schools

That's not possible. First, institutions of education most especially do not exist in ideological vacuums. What don't you understand about that reality? Second, I and millions of others say instruction in Christianity is the very foundation of academics! Who are you or the state to tell me otherwise? Who are you or the state to tax me and then deprive my children of that foundation in the public education system?

Who made you my lord?

Obviously, the establishment clause and free exercise clause of the First Amendment require that the public education system conform to natural and constitutional law by providing universal school choice within.

The Warren Court pulled the wool over your eyes.

See post: Revisions and Divisions: the subversion of the principle of the separation of church and state

Last edited:

That's not possible. First, institutions of education most especially do not exist in ideological vacuums. What don't you understand about that reality? Second, I and millions of others say instruction in Christianity is the very foundation of academics! Who are you or the state to tell me otherwise? Who are you or the state to tax me and then deprive my children of that foundation in the public education system?

Who made you my lord?

Obviously, the establishment clause and free exercise clause of the First Amendment require that the public education system conform to natural and constitutional law by providing universal school choice within.

I was a teacher who saw no need nor heard any complaint about not having prayer in the classroom. You have your own Lord by the sounds of it, and its not me. I suggest you practice your religion as you see fit, but OUTSIDE of government institutions. And by the way, which God should you pick for the school? Jesus, Allah, Krishna, Yahweh?

Who made you my lord?

I was a teacher who saw no need nor heard any complaint about not having prayer in the classroom. You have your own Lord by the sounds of it, and its not me. I suggest you practice your religion as you see fit, but OUTSIDE of government institutions. And by the way, which God should you pick for the school? Jesus, Allah, Krishna, Yahweh?

I kinda like Krishna-----he got along with milk maids

I suggest you shove your educratic ideology (your religion), secular humanism (the state's doctrine imposed in the public schools) and the tyranny of the one-size-fits-all public education system (the state's church) up your ass.

I wouldn't trust a brainwashed conformist like you to train my dog. I certainly wouldn't put the minds of my children in the hands of the likes of you.

Last edited:

I suggest you shove your educratic ideology (your religion), secular humanism (the state's doctrine imposed in the public schools) and the tyranny of the one-size-fits-all public education system (the state's church) up your ass.

Won't fit. But FYI, even though you did not ask, I am a Protestant who got a certificate for completing vacation Bible school-DURING THE SUMMER!. I believe in God and appreciate all religions-even the potentially violent ones. But school is for a mandated curriculum that favors NO particular religion. And since most religions value love, perhaps you could find a way to love those who think differently. Can you do that?

Aside from the nonsense of talking about the public education system as a gift, that's why the only correct solution per natural and constitutional law is a system that provides for universal school choice! The Bill of Rights are not electives. They go to inalienable, natural rights that can neither be given nor taken away by the state. They can only be suppressed by the state via the tyranny of the mob
or the oligarchy.

The mob rule of the majority or the self-anointed rule of the oligarchy? Is that your solution?

Silly theory. The public, through the taxpayers, operate our public institutions. This matter has nothing to do with some wacked-out theory about "natural and constitutional law." What is provided by the taxpayers is not "tyranny" of the "mob," or the "oligarchy."

So you don't like the community public school, pool, library, park, roads, which offer equal access to all. Who cares? You are free to find your own alternatives to what is offered.

Bottom line.....

The Constitution is considered a fluid document that must be constantly "interpreted" by those wishing to transform America.
The Constitution cannot protect you...YOU must protect the Constitution. failing that......

All that is required for a rogue Supreme Court to nullify the Constitution is for good men to do nothing.

It's really THAT simple.

Wise men know that freedom was never free and that forces of evil will work relentlessly to revoke it at every level.

"The Tree of Liberty Must Occasionally be Refreshed with the Blood of Tyrants and Patriots"
Thomas Jefferson

Today, most people consider VOTING to be the extent of what Jefferson was talking about.

Hogwash!

Christian Student Forced to Write Islamic Conversion Creed Appeals Case to Supreme Court
Headshot-2.sized-50x50xf.png

BY TYLER O'NEIL

Though I adamantly disagree with O'Neil regarding the ultimate imperative of natural and constitutional law, he does zero in on the immediate problem with the failure of the Supreme Court to correct the Fourth Circuit, as the latter did indeed contradict the precedent of Abington School District v. Schempp (1963).

Moreover, you moron, you mindless conformist, you statist bootlick: the issue DOES go to the perspective of the individual, not to that of the mob or the oligarchy under the natural and constitutional law of inalienable rights!

Oh, look, everybody, the self-anointed Lysistrata just knows for an absolute fact that the biblical worldview is wrong, that those who hold to it are morons and, therefore, that the state has every right to subvert the minds of Christians' children in the state schools. He/she just knows what's best for others' children. Parental consent and authority: what's that? Don't these stupid Christians understand that the government owns their children?

Folks are just imaging the imposition of homofascism, transgenderfascism, socialism, globalism, humanism, relativism, catastrophic climate change, feminism, political correctness, the emasculation and demonization of masculinity, sexual paganism . . . in the state schools.

Heather has Two Rug Munchers and Johnny has Two Fudge Packers is all imaginary.

Last edited:

Who made you my lord?

Sorry. Not everyone is Christian, and not everyone who is Christian is a member of the same sect. Who would represent "Christianity," even if it would be constitutional to establish Christianity as the official religion of the United States, which it is not?

The "biblical worldview" thing is a notion of fundamentalist Christians. It is sectarian.

Forum List

Back