Supporting Canibalism???

FactFinder

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2009
In spite of breaking it down to its smallest parts I don't know what else one can call the consumption of humans. Do you?

Now we as a nation are supposed to financially support this.

It is said it is for the advancement of science. Bah humbug! It is for the advancement of particular scientists. Adult stem cells have been making remarkable progress and one does not have to sacrifice another to do it. To the extent that we publicly finance scientific endeavors shouldn't we direct our debt laden dollars to successful and ethical research?

Last edited:
i am all for stem cell research...it holds great promise to help many people...cold as it is....stem cells are a by product of the abortion industry...why waste them? you can clone now and create them...grow "life" in a tube...the marvels of modern medical science...but yes it is a "canibalization" of the old and infirm wanting the very life of others to extend their lives..baby boomers are an amazingly selfish bunch

i am all for stem cell research...it holds great promise to help many people...cold as it is....stem cells are a by product of the abortion industry...why waste them? you can clone now and create them...grow "life" in a tube...the marvels of modern medical science...but yes it is a "canibalization" of the old and infirm wanting the very life of others to extend their lives..baby boomers are an amazingly selfish bunch

I think his point is that ADULT stem cells are the only ones to have shown any real progress or promise. They are not a byproduct of the abortion industry.

so don't use the treatments they develop.

the idea that only adult stem cells show promise is bizarre.... and is religious right propaganda.

I'm amazed that anyone even knew what the OP was about.

i got the point about adult stem cells...i think research will show that embroyic cells will do more in the long run...and you take your chances any time you stimulate cell growth...which is what they are doing...

here is a great link for what is going on in the world with it:

Stem Cell Research News

As on so many social issues, white evangelicals—the most reliably Republican voters in the country—are a lot farther to the right on stem cell research than the rest of the country. White evangelicals are the only major religious group in which a clear majority opposes embryonic stem cell research. The GOP is caught between its base and the moderate voters it needs if it's to start winning elections again.

The Politics Behind Obama's Embryonic Stem Cell Research Decision - God & Country (usnews.com)

the idea that only adult stem cells show promise is bizarre.... and is religious right propaganda.

You are incorrect. What's bizarre is your insistence that the facts don't speak for themselves and/or say what they do.

You STILL don't know what the OP is about, obviously.

Cannibalism as a practice makes perfect sense for humans who live in a protein-deprived environment. If you manage to defeat the mob in the next valley then you get to keep them as slaves, wives and, well, food. There's a bit of ritualism involved of course, humans are like that, so there's all this talk about eating the heroic enemy and ingesting his courage and the rest of it. That's all well and good but you're really eating Long Pork.

Now for those who can't distinguish between an embryonic stem cell and a human let me help out.

This is a human -
225px-Richard_Cheney_2005_official_portrait.jpg

Oh heck, sorry.

These are humans:
180px-PPlaquecloseup.svg.png

These are human embryonic stem cells:

300px-Humanstemcell.JPG

Okay, any questions?

Last edited:
Yesterday President Barack Obama issued an executive order that authorizes expanded federal funding for research using stem cells produced by destroying human embryos. The announcement was classic Obama: advancing radical policies while seeming calm and moderate, and preaching the gospel of civility while accusing those who disagree with the policies of being "divisive" and even "politicizing science."

[F]undamentally, the claim about taking politics out of science is in the deepest sense antidemocratic. The question of whether to destroy human embryos for research purposes is not fundamentally a scientific question; it is a moral and civic question about the proper uses, ambitions and limits of science. It is a question about how we will treat members of the human family at the very dawn of life; about our willingness to seek alternative paths to medical progress that respect human dignity.

Robert George and Eric Cohen Say Barack Obama Has Politicized Stem-Cell Research - WSJ.com

In spite of breaking it down to its smallest parts I don't know what else one can call the consumption of humans. Do you?

Now we as a nation are supposed to financially support this.

It is said it is for the advancement of science. Bah humbug! It is for the advancement of particular scientists. Adult stem cells have been making remarkable progress and one does not have to sacrifice another to do it. To the extent that we publicly finance scientific endeavors shouldn't we direct our debt laden dollars to successful and ethical research?

This is what comes to a people who have taken on the value system of cockroaches, FF.

Now I know nothing about the debate surrounding stem cell research.

But as to social cannibalism?

We're on that path right now, and that's for damned sure.

I support Cannibalism. When it comes to Corpses, that is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY6JDLmpuWc&feature=related]YouTube - Cannibal Corpse - Stripped Raped And Strangled[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOb6JSQd-Qw]YouTube - Cannibal Corpse - Frantic Disembowelment (Guitar, Bass & Dru[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-V3NYckOI]YouTube - Cannibal Corpse Lounge Music[/ame]

and these just crack my shit up...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGHLkCYPXe4&feature=related]YouTube - black metal idol[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRClbA2bG1M&feature=related]YouTube - Death Metal American Idol[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2wDagHD0ts&feature=related]YouTube - Unconventional Idol Audition.[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMtyoFFEBXs&feature=related]YouTube - Death Metal Idol[/ame]

You are incorrect. What's bizarre is your insistence that the facts don't speak for themselves and/or say what they do.

You STILL don't know what the OP is about, obviously.

oh... i got it eventually.

baby bush used his first ever veto to kill stem cell research to make the religious right happy. and he pulled himself away from crawford in the middle of the night on the Schiavo matter, which wasn't any of Congress' business.

the religious right should stay away from science.

thanks.

How is this a product of the "Abortion" industry?

Embryonic stem cells do NOT come from aborted fetuses?

They come from women that have had their eggs harvested and fertilized in a test tube and then frozen, for a later date to implant, for children.

The mother and father of these frozen embryos, when completely done with having their own children, have the option to discard the frozen embryos, which is what is the most common disposal for these frozen embryos right now, or try to see if another woman would want to adopt your embryos (of which out of the millions being discarded only 800 cases to date of others adopting someone elses embryos when done), or now, the option of letting them be used for stem cell research. The parents and owners of those frozen embryos, now have another option....they actually have to sign release papers of their donation i heard on tv....

Although, an embryo is a potential human being, without a female to implant it in, without a female host, that embryo has no human value...it will be discarded regardless of embryonic stem cell research.

This reminds me of the parable of the good Samaritan....where the Priest and the Levite, because it was the Sabbath and according to God they were not suppose to work on the Sabbath, and because of their religious rules on Blood and the uncleanliness of blood, passed the man by who had been brutally attacked and left for dead.

Then a simple man, who did not have all of these religious rules and regulations to deal with, when he saw the injured man, he helped him, and brought him to an inn and nursed him well, and when he had to leave, he paid the innkeeper for a couple of more days for the injured man to rest and heal, and told the innkeeper if it takes the man longer, not to worry he will come back and pay the bill...

Then Christ proceeded to ask his Disciples who was correct in this parable, the "Religious Elect" supposedly following God's commands, or the Samaritan man.....?

The answer was the Samaritan man who helped the man...NOT those who misconstrued God's word in to Man's meaning!

so, i have to ask myself, what was the moral of the Good Samaritan story?

Those who think they are following God's RULES in this particular situation, may actually be the examples of the "waxed over cold" Levite and Priest in the Good Samaritan story, who actually were thinking they were doing the right thing....and be the ones who deny the help, or the possible help, that some needy human beings may need to save their lives?

I am not saying this is the case for certain, i am just saying that it is possible....

More than 1/3 of fertilized embryos spontaneously abort....and most women don't even know it...i seriously doubt that God and Nature itself is killing off these potential humans with MALICE.

in my opinion, these embryos are potential human beings, but they will NEVER be human beings born, if they are never implanted in a woman host, to bring them in to fruition. NEVER.

So, weighing the situation as it is like in the case of the Samaritan Parable, do we walk by those who need help because of what we think will be breaking God's laws like the Levite and the Priest because it was the Sabbath or because there is some rule we think God wants us to follow, or do we do as the Samaritan man, who knew in his heart, the right thing to do, and what God would really want us to do, which was to help the injured man, regardless of the rules of the Sabbath and the handling of blood?

Care

"Current clinical applications of adult stem cells are abundant! They include treatments for the following: corneal restoration, brain tumors, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, liver disease, leukemia, lupus, arthritis, and heart disease. Thousands of patients are treated and cured using adult stem cells. Alternative sources for adult stem cells include: placenta, cord blood, bone marrow organ donors, and possibly fat cells."
Ten Problems with Embryonic Stem Cell Research

Please provide a similar list of successes based on embryonic stem cell, or if this is not possible, simply shout three times:
" I ALWAYS MOUTH WHATEVER LIBERAL BABBLE I CAN FIND."

That will be all.

o damn care caught me...i was coming to retract that statement...seems it is day old embroyo that morph into other cells...my bad..they are a by product of the invetro people..

"Current clinical applications of adult stem cells are abundant! They include treatments for the following: corneal restoration, brain tumors, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, liver disease, leukemia, lupus, arthritis, and heart disease. Thousands of patients are treated and cured using adult stem cells. Alternative sources for adult stem cells include: placenta, cord blood, bone marrow organ donors, and possibly fat cells."

Please provide a similar list of successes based on embryonic stem cell, or if this is not possible, simply shout three times:

That will be all.

brought to you by the Institute for Creation Research.... their mission:

ICR equips believers with evidence of the Bible's accuracy and authority through scientific research, educational programs, and media presentations, all conducted within a thoroughly biblical framework.

http://www.icr.org/discover/

Thanks for proving my point.

baby bush used his first ever veto to kill stem cell research
the religious right should stay away from science.

thanks.

Wrong again.

Now, would you like to crawl away from your left-wing dogma and admit that President Bush, at no time, "killed stem cell research"?

No answer is fine, as your silence would be a welcome addition to an honest discussion.

That will be all.

brought to you by the Institute for Creation Research.... their mission:

ICR equips believers with evidence of the Bible's accuracy and authority through scientific research, educational programs, and media presentations, all conducted within a thoroughly biblical framework.

Discover ICR

Thanks for proving my point.

I've noted in the past that the first step in liberal-debate is vile language, Thank you for omitting that step.

Step two is to avoid the point and distract from your ignorance by pointing elsewhere.

Now, where is your list of embrionic stem cell successes? Oh, is that you shouting:

1. I didn't use vile language at all. Thanks.

2. Religious sites aren't science. Thanks again.

I do however notice that all you can do is decry "liberals" when you have nothing to say.... which is most of the time.

1. I didn't use vile language at all. Thanks.

2. Religious sites aren't science. Thanks again.

I do however notice that all you can do is decry "liberals" when you have nothing to say.... which is most of the time.

Please, read more carefully. I said thanks for NOT using vile language.

Thanks for illustrating step three in the Libeal-Debate style book: shall we call it the Ostrich approach?

You were challenged to show a list of embryonic stem successes to compare with these:
"treatments for the following: corneal restoration, brain tumors, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, liver disease, leukemia, lupus, arthritis, and heart disease. Thousands of patients are treated and cured using adult stem cells. Alternative sources for adult stem cells include: placenta, cord blood, bone marrow organ donors, and possibly fat cells."

Rather than accept the challenge, which defeats any reasoned approach to the Obama/Jillian Axis Create Human Embryos So We Can Treat Them Like Lab Rats, your response is "you have nothing to say." Thank you, Ostrich.

Today's WSJ:
"Yesterday President Barack Obama issued an executive order that authorizes expanded federal funding for research using stem cells produced by destroying human embryos."
Robert George and Eric Cohen Say Barack Obama Has Politicized Stem-Cell Research - WSJ.com

Forum List

Back