Supply Chain and Wholesale Inflation Hits 26.5%, Hottest Since 1974

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Go, Brandon!

This is the result of incompetent and foolish leftoid policies that began on day 1 of this [mal]administration and have gone on unabated.

The record-shattering 9.6 percent rise in producer prices indicates a startling level of inflation inflicting the U.S. economy.
Things are even worse once you get beyond the headlines. Further out on the supply chains, prices are rising even more rapidly, suggesting that product shortages and even more inflation are yet to come.

When you look at goods that are processed by U.S. manufacturers for sale to other businesses, such as an appliance manufacturer selling to a retailer or a software maker selling to an digital game store, prices are up by more than 26 percent.

The PPI report also measures goods sold for “intermediate demand,” those sold from one business to another along the chain of production of goods and services. When a manufacturer of appliances sells to a retail store, that gets counted in the intermediate demand category, while the sale of the appliance to the household sector is final demand (and also gets counted in the CPI gauge). Services are also sold into the market for “intermediate demand.” Corporate lawyers, consultants, advertising, and investment bankers are examples of business-to-business services.

This creates visibility into how prices are flowing through the economy. Often when inflation builds up in the intermediate stage, it flows through to the final demand stage later as companies seek to pass along price increases. Alternatively, when production becomes too costly, businesses can cut back on production, which can lead to shortages or higher prices. But unless consumers are willing and able to pay more, it’s often difficult for businesses to pass along increased costs, resulting in smaller profits.

The index for processed goods for intermediate demand jumped 1.5 percent in November, which is a slowdown from the 2.4 percent rise in October. This is no longer a case of the volatile food and energy categories pushing up the index. In November, over half the increase was for materials excluding food and energy. The intermediate foods and feeds index actually dropped 0.2 percent. The energy index climbed 3.6 percent.

fredgraph.png

It’s the year-over-year number that is really eye-catching. Prices for intermediate processed goods are up 26.5 percent, the largest 12-month increase since December 1974, when the index rose 28.9 percent.

So i'm trying to figure all this from the trenches of the great unwashed tradesmen where i've existed for decades......

Material $$$'s are skyrocketing, availability s*cks, while we're all busier than we ever have been

sorta feels like '07 again.....where's this all gonna go???

~S~

So i'm trying to figure all this from the trenches of the great unwashed tradesmen where i've existed for decades......

Material $$$'s are skyrocketing, availability s*cks, while we're all busier than we ever have been

~S~
We have trouble getting stainless strut straps even. lol

Biden was not elected, it was appointed by a cabal of billionaires hiding behind Mitch Mcconnell and Chuckie Schumer, there are not two party's, oh yes there are individuals in both houses who are what they say they are, but they will never attain political power, never ascend to leadership, that is strictly reserved for the fascists. Just wait and see what takes place when evergrande goes belly up, that will annihilate the global economy...

~S~

Even though materials are short and prices are high, there is still a shitload of money in circulation, thanks to the FED and government mega-stimulus programs. That's the toxic mix that's driving this inflation: Too many dollars chasing too few goods and services.

We have trouble getting stainless strut straps even. lol

Pickings are slim and the wait in most cases is months

That's the toxic mix that's driving this inflation: Too many dollars chasing too few goods and services.

I've been on my own a long time, seen a lotta boom/bust , but i gotta say this is hands down the weirdest economy i've ever experienced

i'm at a complete loss as to how it'll all sugar off, &&&& my spidey sense keeps tingling....

~S~

Even though materials are short and prices are high, there is still a shitload of money in circulation, thanks to the FED and government mega-stimulus programs. That's the toxic mix that's driving this inflation: Too many dollars chasing too few goods and services.
Yup. Biden et al is squeezing things from both ends.

1) First, expand welfare so that families (if they have children) are swimming in tax-free money, thus competing for the goods, and driving prices higher…..that’s increasing the demand side…..

2) while bribing people not to work, so there’s nobody to unload ships or truck goods to retail stores…..that’s impeding the supply side.

I went shopping today, and it didn’t even seem like the prices were in dollars!

Hope you don’t have a major appliance break. Pickings are slim and the wait in most cases is months.
I had a Doctor from Humana tell me my wife has extremely high blood pressure and that she needs to be on hi blood meds now......so I called the only doctor I could find that takes Humana and they said the soonest I could get her in is May.

I had a Doctor from Humana tell me my wife has extremely high blood pressure and that she needs to be on hi blood meds now......so I called the only doctor I could find that takes Humana and they said the soonest I could get her in is May.
Sorry to hear about that…it’s like a third world country now. I had to make an appointment for an MRI to rule out, well….bad stuff….and I can’t get in until early March.

Wow. That top number is high. You really can’t wait. If I were you, I’d make an appointment without insurance and just pay cash.

That‘s what I’ve had to do ever since Obamacare hit. Pay cash, because the Ocare doesn’t cover anything.
No appointment possible. I'm gonna have to take her to an emergency clinic.
Medical treatment in Clarksville sucks ass.

187 over 84
Thats pretty high, I've seen higher, but its high enough to be of concern, here's what you can try, run her into the local ER, not urgent care, but the ER, and let em know she was dizzy and light headed. which scared you both. They will prescribe proper meds for her that will get you through to the appointment date, don't be afraid yo tell them you have an existing appointment, and that its far off, just tell them you both became alarmed by the dizziness and light head. They'll take care of her.... Good luck.

187 over 84

You may want to look into natural BP remedies in that case. ASAP

If your wife were over 87 the old-time Doctors* wouldn't worry much but I assume she is considerably younger.

*They would add your age to 100 and if it were below that number they'd only keep an eye on it. Thus someone 88 with a systolic of 187 wouldn't be a big deal to them.

You may want to look into natural BP remedies in that case. ASAP

If your wife were over 87 the old-time Doctors* wouldn't worry much but I assume she is considerably younger.

*They would add your age to 100 and if it were below that number they'd only keep an eye on it. Thus someone 88 with a systolic of 187 wouldn't be a big deal to them.
She's 83.

Forum List

Back