Super simple, healthy pan fried tilapia in 10 minutes!

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I whipped this up for my wife tonight and she raved about them. Very easy.

Spices: Onion, garlic, red pepper and Tequila lime BBQ rub (probably any chicken or fish rub will do)
Fillets: should be thin and no more than 6 inches long.

1.Dip 3 or 4 fillets in milk until they are soaked.
2. Sprinkle spices on the fillets
3. Place 3 or 4 fillets in the pre-heated pan hot but not maximum hot.
4. Flip fillets after 5 minutes and sprinkle spices on them again. Wait 3 or 4 minutes.
5. Don't overcook. If still pink in the middle, take them off and microwave fillets for 1 minute.

Done!

If you want your larger catfish (fresh caught) to taste better cut them into steaks and soak overnight in buttermilk.

It's something to do with the enzymes in the buttermilk breaking down what makes the larger catfish taste strong.

With the smaller cats whole milk works well. I've got so I don't keep any over 2-3#.

so was monkfish so was lobster...seen the price of monkfish lately?

I didnt say it was still considered a trash fish now did I?
There are plenty of fish that people didnt eat even 20 years ago such as Black Drum and Sheepshead.
Hell, people are targeting carp for the dinner table. They used to be tossed up on the bank to die because they're invasive.

It is unnerving to see Tilapia being forced onto the American public.
And make no mistake about it - it is forced onto the public by virtually and totally taking over the far healthier option - Cod.
It is lower in Omega-3 than just about any other fish.
Overwhelmingly if you are eating Tilapia, it comes from China. And China is absolutely notorious for openly and knowingly selling tainted and poor quality food. The farming practices are disgusting and should be illegal. And the reason China grows Tilapia is because it is one of the few fish that can survive such polluted waters - THAT"S A FACT.

This is a typical Cod farm... in open ocean waters. This farm is in Norway.

maxresdefault.jpg

This is a typical disgusting Tilapia farm in China, in choked, poorly drained shit water (literally shit water, the water has so much fish shit from over population it is literally brown)

poorlyregulatedfishfarmthailand_1280px_d044d525142140baa2496a13f06ddd38.jpeg

Forum List

Back