Summary of Objectives for the NAFTA Renegotiation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by shockedcanadian, Jul 17, 2017.

1. shockedcanadian

shockedcanadian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,998
    Important read if you guys want to have good understanding of what America is fighting for. In .pdf form, from the USTR website. Page 11 is of particular interest to me as I believe America is starting to understand the massive risks and unfair tactics by foreign government entities:

https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/files/Press/Releases/NAFTAObjectives.pdf

2. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,614
    Interesting, NAFTA certainly needs to be updated but I am not sure pissing off our trading partners with nonspecific threats is the best way to start. America is not, in fact, on the losing end of everything. A bad negotiator with a belligerent attitude coupled with the desire to fulfill a campaign promise could very well result in a worse trade agreement. For example, the current healthcare reform mess is very likely going to result in a more dysfunctional and expensive system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. shockedcanadian

shockedcanadian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,998
    The RCMP and their surrogates have been assisting in the exploitation and theft of U.S jobs for decades. If I can be so bold, now is not the time to worry about a belligerent attitude, the security apparatus in Canada did this to Canada, and they will pay a price, one way or another for these tactics.