Sukhoi Su-30 vs F22 F15 F16

I would suggest the key take away, is that people in the US have become arrogant and complacent. Yes, we were, and still are the world super power. But the idea that this is universal truth for all time, is not truth. The fact the Russians have caught up so far, is proof of the need for our continued vigilance.

Moreover, while technology is great, clearly skilled people, make the decisive difference which equipment is at least par.

I would suggest the key take away, is that people in the US have become arrogant and complacent. Yes, we were, and still are the world super power. But the idea that this is universal truth for all time, is not truth. The fact the Russians have caught up so far, is proof of the need for our continued vigilance.

Moreover, while technology is great, clearly skilled people, make the decisive difference which equipment is at least par.
The Russian economy is a disaster. If they ever catch up to our military (the idea of which is laughable), then we always have the option of collapsing their economy.

So Russia has a fighter that is almost up to snub with some of ours? Luckily we have at least 4 times more of them than they do, and the capability to build them faster. I doubt Russia can afford to build many of the fighters in the OP anyways.

The Russian economy is a disaster. If they ever catch up to our military (the idea of which is laughable), then we always have the option of collapsing their economy.

So Russia has a fighter that is almost up to snub with some of ours? Luckily we have at least 4 times more of them than they do, and the capability to build them faster. I doubt Russia can afford to build many of the fighters in the OP anyways.

You dont get it do you?

If Russia can manufacture it, that means the WHOLE WORLD can somehow acquire it...............

Yeah, and Europe said the same thing about Germany in the 1930s.

This is exactly the kind of arrogance I'm afraid of. When we assume that Russia can't do anything... when we underestimate the enemy, and greatly over estimate ourselves.... that's when we end up screwed.

You do realize that just two years ago, our military people were saying Russia couldn't do anything anywhere. Then all of a sudden they were launching attacks into Syria, and everyone was shocked.

Yes our sanctions have damaged the Russian Economy, and yet they are still waging heavy fighting in the Ukraine even to this day. And quite frankly, the evidence suggests the sanctions have harmed Europe more than Russia.

Obviously, I have no fear of Russia attacking the US. We would wipe the floor with them, many times over. But let's not ignore the danger in eastern Europe.

You dont get it do you?

If Russia can manufacture it, that means the WHOLE WORLD can somehow acquire it...............

So you're saying that if Russia can do it, then any dumb old average Joe can do it? Then they're probably way more inferior to our fighters than I thought.

Fun fact: the fighters we sell to the rest of the world don't come with all of the same technologies we have in the ones we build for ourselves. Same goes for the Russians. Well, unless they're really dumb.

You dont get it do you?

Also true. While we tend to keep a hold on high tech military gear made in the US, only exporting lower quality to what we run ourselves..... Russia is not nearly as reluctant to sell whatever brings in a good amount of money. Especially if they think it would be used against western 'enemies'.

This is exactly the kind of arrogance I'm afraid of. When we assume that Russia can't do anything... when we underestimate the enemy, and greatly over estimate ourselves.... that's when we end up screwed.

You do realize that just two years ago, our military people were saying Russia couldn't do anything anywhere. Then all of a sudden they were launching attacks into Syria, and everyone was shocked.

Yes our sanctions have damaged the Russian Economy, and yet they are still waging heavy fighting in the Ukraine even to this day. And quite frankly, the evidence suggests the sanctions have harmed Europe more than Russia.

Obviously, I have no fear of Russia attacking the US. We would wipe the floor with them, many times over. But let's not ignore the danger in eastern Europe.
2 years ago, our military people were saying that Russia has no military capabilities? Oh I would love to see a link for that one.

You dont get it do you?

So you're saying that if Russia can do it, then any dumb old average Joe can do it? Then they're probably way more inferior to our fighters than I thought.

Fun fact: the fighters we sell to the rest of the world don't come with all of the same technologies we have in the ones we build for ourselves. Same goes for the Russians. Well, unless they're really dumb.

That's exactly what we are saying. Russia doesn't have nearly the restraint in selling high end weapons tech, that we do. You are right about us. We sell the old obsolete stuff internationally.

In fact, that's the reason in the video, that guy was talking about the Indians running planes equipped with tech made in Israel. They buy our F-16s, rip out the old obsolete tech, put in Israel tech, and then go toe-to-toe with our F-16s.

But Russia doesn't do that nearly as much. If you have the money, they'll sell you whatever they got.

BTW, as a side note, this is one of the reasons we spend more than most countries on military. We pay the top price for bleeding edge tech. Other countries, are buying our obsolete stuff. It's just like buying a 3 year old car. $20,000 for a new car, or $13,000 for a 3 year old car. Exact same car, similar condition, just not the 'latest greatest'.

2 years ago, our military people were saying that Russia has no military capabilities? Oh I would love to see a link for that one.

I didn't say that. But my comment was close. I was meaning that no one thought Russia could project force so far away. Everyone was shocked that Russia showed up in Syria.

You dont get it do you?

If Russia can make it, that means anybody can BUY it, for the right price. Especially if you are threatening Russia with your "economic sanctions"...

This is not even about the US mainland, US is highly capable of maintaining security of her own territory. This is about the allies of US around the globe. The more their capabilities to keep the balance in their favor around their region are hindered, the more the US projection of POWER capabilities are hindered.

You see, super powers dont decline from night to the morning as how you think might be.

Nothing is for granted in this world. This is a long process that starts with, as Andy pointed out very nicely: "arrogance and complacence", goes all the way to losing the grasp in world dominance day by day.......

Forum List

Back