Suicide Bomber Kills at Least 33;Afghanistan

The true question is this:

Can we teach these highly tribal people to learn to protect all of the people? These highly tribal Afghan people do not see in terms of nations. The country was a partition, created by empires because the people do not see it as a country. It's all just land to them. In the Pakistani tribal region it is exactly the same.

You have a few areas where the created cities are and which were created for the purpose of trade of which energy components will be a large group now, but were not the reason for the creation of the country. Trade routes.

It's still all about trade and the routes.

1. So, can we teach these tribes of people what nationhood means
  2. The path to Democracy and a civil society based on human rights.

I say no to both. But the routes are necessary, and the resources of the arena means that America can't step out without losing its hegemony.

That's why Afghanistan is called the "Graveyard of Empires". This is a very necessary route and has been so through the ages. Now with the advent of Afghanistan's theoretical resource holdings, there is no letting go without tossing away the entire hegemony.

Wait until 2015. I see the gear up happening in Israel. America is so large that it can hide its gearing up quite well and does so, but not so tiny Israel.

Afghanistan is so different in this regard, for example an Afghan from a village up north doesn't give a damn about what happens to an Afghan in Kandahar. Sometimes, when Afghan forces go into a village with US or Coalition forces, the people in the village hate the Afghans more because they come from a different part of Afghanistan and their tribes have been at war for years! Afghanistan is even more tribal and separate than Iraq! I also think there were alot of unrealistic expectations put on the US when we invaded back in 2001, people expected us to turn Afghanistan into Belgium in a few years. Now 10 years later, and most of the country is still without running water and electricity. I agree with your points Ropey those steps are necessary for Afghanistan to have a successful future however Americans have been in the country for 10 years and they are tired, I don't think we have the patience and desire to see this through, especially when we see little to no appreciation for our efforts on the behalf of the Afghans.:doubt:

Forum List

Back